Forums > Personal > American Idiot

forum rss feed
Author

LiveAidQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4489 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 15:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello, if anyone here has the album, I was wondering if it's edited. They edited some of the songs because of the language and I didn't know if it showed up on the album, thankies.

Comprende muchacho.
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 15:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They sell two versions.

If you see the 'Parental Advisory' sticker on the back of the CD, then you'll be purchasing the explicit version which has nothing censored. If you don't see the sticker, then it's probably the clean version.

Also online stores are supossed to specify whether the version you're buying is either explicit or clean.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 15:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I knew you'd reply, thank you :-)

I don't want the edited version, not that I like to hear the naughty language, but just because they made it that way and I don't want to hear those little beeps or silented out thingies. Know what I mean? :-)

Comprende muchacho.
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 15:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some of the edited versions on the radio are hilarious. Like in Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, I think they changed 'What's fucked up and everything's alright' to 'What's stuffed up...'.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 15:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ohhh that's terrible sounding! They didn't edit that part out the other day on MTV 2. Have you guys heard Homecoming on that album? It's so good. I can't wait to watch the Grammy's...I just hope they can beat out Usher :-)

Comprende muchacho.
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Kayla.

Did you buy the album to later realize that it was a clean version? Well, in case you did I hope that at least they would let you ex-change it for the explicit one.

This whole topic reminds me of the time when they had Chris Rock on MTV Diary and he went to complain to a CD store for selling him a clean version of a Jay-Z CD.

Now back to the topic of the album 'American Idiot', I think it's superb. There's not one single song on that album that I want to skip. This album is indeed destined to become a classic. Can't wait to see Green Day on tour this summer, and I hope I can get tickets.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 15:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, I haven't bought it yet, but I am in a few days, I just want to make sure I'm getting the one I want. I sound so terrible!

Comprende muchacho.
Monte: Liquorice Years user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 674 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 01:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i have the good version (that means swearing on it). i like it...jesus of suburbia is good...and its true!! its all true!!

Cheer up emo kid!

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 15:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I just got back from the mall and I bought it, swearing included. It's so good, this has got to be the album of the year.

Comprende muchacho.
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 16:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LiveAidQueen wrote:

Well I just got back from the mall and I bought it, swearing included. It's so good, this has got to be the album of the year.

Totally agree with you, Kayla.

Even though Franz Ferdinand had an excellent debut album, it just can't be compared to 'American Idiot'.
2005 will definitely be the year of Green Day.

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 17:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

:-)) I love Franz too, he's got a great new song. We've had some good stuff in 2004.

Comprende muchacho.
Hitman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2217 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 05, 16:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Uhm i'm waiting for a detailed review from you, Kayla, as soon as you buy the cd,ok? ;)

hugs

Anything too stupid to be said... is sung.