Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Is it me or did Freddie seem more arrogant during the 70s?

forum rss feed
Author

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 15:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wonder how Brian, Roger, and Tim Staffell felt when Freddie told to be more extravagant and fashionable while they were in Smile. I'm sure that they didn't give a rat's ass about their image, but then found out that Freddie was right about certain things.
Then once Queen was finally formed, Freddie seemed to be very keen on making the whole band look flamboyant. I think I read somewhere that John was the one who seemed to be the one who was mostly against dressing up like Freddie wanted on stage, since John just simply wanted to wear whatever he wanted.

Aside from that on some early interviews, Freddie seemed quite arrogant when it came to talking about himself and the band. Although there was quite a lot of truth on the things he said.

I think that as time went by and Queen grew as a band, Freddie became more down to earth and less full of himself. I guess he realized that his own success and Queen's should be the only ones to speak for themselves.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Koolkikiland user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 71 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 19:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arrogant? Maybe.

Utterly confident? Yes.

Besides, if you're determined to be the best and most successful band that ever was, a little arrogance doesn't hurt.

"Some day, one day. . . "

1quen_fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 339 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 05, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In the quotes i read about Freddie, he did seem a little arrogant. But i bet he was just like that for TV and reporters.

Fuck them darling, if they just don't get.

- Freddie Mercury
RohemianBapsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 08:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Also part of growing up (old !)

Keep Good Company
Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie did what he did because it needed doing. As he said, he'd look ridiculous in tights later in his career, but did he get any notice because of them? Of course he did. Same thing with the flashpots early in their career. They made a lot of nosie and got noticed. After a while they didn't need the hype since the music did the talking.

You know, good times are now.
newcastle 86! 16483 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 20:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

great posts! freddie did what he needed too in the 70s also he became very aloof with the press as thay slagged him off so much (is this man a pratt anyone read it?) by the 80s they knew this band were here to stay freddie shudda said fuck you all!

martinjkstones
Roy Queen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 221 posts

Posted: 02 Mar 05, 16:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I liked it when Freddie was arrogant! Just answer stupid on a stupid question.. That's how a question shall be answered! I think it was cool the way the way they dressed in the 70's!

heyheyheyhey, it was the DNA...
flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts

Posted: 02 Mar 05, 20:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yea he was funny when arrogant *well to us* in his own words in 84-85 he admited he was really arrogant in the early days 70's and he was all caught up in being the big star but now i dont give a damn anymore" he said..
i love the story from 86 in budapest when there eating in the big restaurant or wherever and freddie as usual holding court at the large table filled with the band and friends etc...and he had everyone in stiches with his storys and then started being filthy rude to the waitress asking her size of her vagina and what was it like,to which she couldn't stop laughing, so i love freddie for his arrogance and his shocking wicked sleezy humour lol...

oo la la
flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts

Posted: 03 Mar 05, 20:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i 4got to add; he also asked her if it would stretch over her head,,lolllllll
he invited a repoter to the big dinner and promised him an interview(but!! everybody knows freddie dont give interviews) so never answered one question from the reporter and kept saying oh later here have some more goulash* then carried on telly outragous storys , aparent he was having the time of his life entertaining everyone with his filthy humour,lol

oh yea ive read that a few times in bio's and its the journalist whos telling the story but hes says i didnt care at the time b/c i was having a great time, i also heard one of the rodies tell it exact same story, thats quite a famous story with the waitress...

oo la la