forum rss feed
Author

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 03:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian May Wrote (on his soapbox):

It's so insulting to John, whose quietness always concealed a wry wit and a highly informed view of life. His complex personality is invisible to those who only see the superficial. It's been hard to do without him, these recent years, and we miss him especially in this run-up to going out on tour. But his decision to take a path away from all this madness, which I immerse myself in every day, should certainly be respected.

Well, if it wasn't clear yet... No Deacy! But those were nice words. I think they've still a good relationship.

By the way, nice to see that Brian really read our e-mails.. You can read a reaction of an e-mail of Caspar Mulders (ThomasQuinn @ Queenzone) about the support act.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
RohemianBapsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 03:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree

John has decided to retire and Brian respects his decision.

Keep Good Company
Hankster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 469 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 04:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

very nice words indeed! .. it's great to read that the guys really talked about it with each other.

We Are The Champions user not visiting Queenzone.com
We Are The Champions
Bohemian: 879 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 05:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is very typical of Brian IMO. This puts an end to ANY speculation about Deacy playing on this tour. Nice words indeed so we can all now repect his decision that he is now retired.

Look forward to the tour with Bri & Rog performing classic songs from the greatest live band of all time. Consider ourselves lucky to be part of this experience. I can't wait for Cardiff!

We all of us deeply apologise for this god forsaken shit heap of a building...but we will make it rock.

Brian May Wembley Pavilion 11.05.05.
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 05:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We-Are-The-Champions wrote:

Consider ourselves lucky to be part of this experience.

Ditto

Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 10:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian was hardly going to go public and call him a tosser, was he?

Benn
The Mir@cle

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 10:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Benn... For god sake, why are you on this forum. If you think Brian's the most evil person on this earth, you're not a real fan...

Always that distrust, I hate that. He doesn't have to answer all those questions on his site, does he??

We Are The Champions

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 10:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Mir@cle wrote:

Benn... For god sake, why are you on this forum. If you think Brian's the most evil person on this earth, you're not a real fan...

Always that distrust, I hate that.

I don't understand Benn's attitude or mentality either.....doesn't sound like a true fan at all. There are far worse people than Brian around and I think he's being sincere with his intentions about John valuing his privacy and not being involved with the tour. My advice.....go and enjoy the gigs, jump around as much as you like, sing and shout, take your clothes off whatever and then have the satisfaction of rubbing non fans' noses in it when you tell them what a fantastic time you had........and they didn't by not going. I for one, will enjoy my gig and **** any doubters or killjoys. Haven't been so excited since Wembley'86 or Brian's solo tours. Can't wait to hear the Red Special again with Roger's pounding drums and of course Paul Rodgers' great voice. It's going to me a memorable Saturday night in Cardiff. Rock on!!

We all of us deeply apologise for this god forsaken shit heap of a building...but we will make it rock.

Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Any link to the original article?

You know, good times are now.
GiantSpider user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 345 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 05, 13:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Benn wrote:

Brian was hardly going to go public and call him a tosser, was he?

No but Roger probably would have and hasn't yet.

James

Posted: 01 Feb 05, 05:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If any of you had bothered to actually read what I'd posted, you would have seen that I was being "complimentary" to Brian in that he would not have gone public in saying anything bad about John or anyone else connected to the 'inner-circle'. It wouldn't be in his or tha band's interest do do so no matter what was going on.

Again, more examples of people seeing a post and responding as opposed to READING a post, understanding it and THEN responding.

As for being a TRUE Queen fan, how do YOU define or determine who ir what constitutes a true fan? If you have or know of criteria that you have to fulfill to be one, then please let me know "Officer" and I'll come quietly and plead guilty.

Benn
The Mir@cle

Posted: 01 Feb 05, 05:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If I read your post, I can make only one conclusion: You thought that he said it for the bands goodwill and not cause he meant it... But I may be too dumb to understand you.

I still think your attitude on this board is too negative.

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 05, 07:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Mir@cle wrote:

I still think your attitude on this board is too negative.

Yep

Chom own mudder fukker.

Posted: 02 Feb 05, 11:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

> Too negative

In "your" opinion.........

If there was somethign that I felt "positive" about, then I would be positive about it. For example, I just picked up the new Eric Clapton "Sessions for Robert J" Cd and DVD combo. It's the best thing I've heard for ages - an absolute delight.

Now, if Brian were to do something along similar lines, THAT would be something for me to be positive about as opposed to pretending to be positive about an expensive greatest hits show......

Benn
Rich Tea user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 248 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 05, 12:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just taken my Clapton CD back and changed it sorry but the biggest load of dirge I've heard in a long time.

Not knocking Benn just proving a point you like it I hate it opinions are like arseholes we all have one!!

Shadow boxing with yourself just seems to get you no where!
Headlong24 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 62 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 05, 14:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Didn't Roger say not to long ago while on a promo tour for the musical that "No Johns not involved anymore and that he just sits at home and collects the checks".And something else to the fact that "Yeah but he likes the money hes making". Now these arent the actual quotes but it was something to that effect. I'm sure some of you remember reading this. So I do think Roger is a little more scarcastic about the situation then Brian is. And perhaps not as understanding about Johns decision. What do you think?

Play The Game
Rich Tea user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 248 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 05, 16:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I remember that but I just took it as a flippant remark mean't in humour rather than anything nasty!

Shadow boxing with yourself just seems to get you no where!
We Are The Champions

Posted: 02 Feb 05, 16:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

An off the cuff remark not to be taken seriously. Opinions are definitely like arseholes.. everyone's got one! C'est la vie!

mr mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
mr mercury
Deity: 4631 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 05, 17:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Benn wrote:

THAT would be something for me to be positive about as opposed to pretending to be positive about an expensive greatest hits show......

I thought every show by every band was a greatest hits show. I have yet to see or hear of a band or singer that did a show of completely new stuff.

But I do agree with the rest of what you say, Benn.

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
bassist08 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 332 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 05, 18:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Beautiful, he has such eloquency with his words. And he's always so diplomatic about things.

"The most important thing, darling, is to live a fabulous life. As long as it's fabulous, I don't care how long it is." -FM