Don't pythons eat children?

Something to think about...

DJ's the man we love the most
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Feb 05, 00:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cool! I had a neighbor a few years back that was a guitarist in a struggling rock band, And his house was FULL of snakes. He had one by the name of Rocky Balboa as well... The crazy old bastard also had a disturbing addiction to Super Mario RPG on the SNES, But THAT, children, is a story for another day. ;)

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 05, 06:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's cool! My cousin has or had a python (her boyfriend bought it..then it grew..then it became a pain). She has either sold/given it away by now or is desperately trying.

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 05, 09:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't like snakes or spiders. Anything else I can deal with.

Sowwwrry TickQueener.

If that snake does anything to our Miss James you are in deep doo doo.

;)

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 05, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It'd be cool to have a bunch of snakes named after action flick characters. Villains and heros alike.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 03 Feb 05, 15:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

or The Governator

I have to admit that I'm scared of snakes, but I think they're kinda cool and I rather enjoy to watch documentaries about snakes on the National Geographic channel or Animal Planet.

Now, when it comes to spiders those scare the shit out of me. I'd never live under the same roof with a tarantula regardless of how safe is the cage. I'd rather be fu**in' homeless or live in a shelter.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 05, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's awesome! I have a full-grown ball python. They're the sweetest animals alive, don't have a mean bone in their bodies when it comes to things that are bigger than them - hell, mine roams freely in my bedroom these days except at night, I keep the door closed while he's there.

It kind of freaks visitors out, though.

What's up with you people and spiders? Spiders are some of the least aggressive animals alive - as long as you don't try to mate with their men, or act like you want to, you're fine.

God wants you to send me some money.

"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 03 Feb 05, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

geeksandgeeks wrote:

What's up with you people and spiders? Spiders are some of the least aggressive animals alive - as long as you don't try to mate with their men, or act like you want to, you're fine.

I think that's because they're just f'in ugly.

Did I ever tell you about the time that I saw at Petco this scorpion mom carrying her babies on her back. I never thought I would ever see something as cute as it is also disturbing.

Posted: 03 Feb 05, 20:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

geeksandgeeks wrote:

I think that's because they're just f'in ugly.

Did I ever tell you about the time that I saw at Petco this scorpion mom carrying her babies on her back. I never thought I would ever see something as cute as it is also disturbing.

Yep, you told me about that one. Baby scorpions are incredibly cute...unfortunately, they grow, and those stings hurt. I've never been stung, but I've seen the effects they have.

Spiders, on the other hand - most of them are too small to bite a human, and the ones that are dangerous to humans just aren't very aggressive. Wolf spiders and bird-eaters are actually quite pretty, in a kind of symmetric way. Most unfortunately, we have movies that are called things like "Arachnaphobia" and "Eight-Legged Freaks" and "Super Android Mutant Amazon Slime Spiders From Hell" that haven't exactly done much to calm people about spiders. I'll find myself talking to a guy, and he'll ask me what my hobbies are - when I say that I raise tarantulas, he'll announce that he wants a drink and saunter casually away. Sometimes he'll saunter at upwards of 45 miles an hour.

Y'all might have figured out - I love spiders :)

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 05, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cool. I want a snake now. A Taipan will do.. *dies due to death*

Spiders are fine. Just so long as they don't breakdance fight me. I'm the best at that.

Also I hate them due to a certain part in Neverwinter Nights when there's a jillionty of them.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 03 Feb 05, 22:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

geeksandgeeks wrote:

Y'all might have figured out - I love spiders :)

Does your boyfriend have anything against any of your unusual pets?... including the spiders of course.

Also, I don't need to mention that I am extremely arachnophobic. So much that the only time that I've ever cursed at one of my parents was once when my mom showed me this humongous poster size picture of a tarantula. She was a bit far from me, but it still scared the living shit out of me.

Flashman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Flashman
Deity: 4523 posts

Posted: 04 Feb 05, 03:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Snakes don't belong in houses. You are a very cruel person.

That bird of yours could do so much better.

FLASHMAN STRIKES AGAIN!

Paul Rodgers is not the best thing since fried Fred.
Hitman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2217 posts

Posted: 04 Feb 05, 03:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser wrote:

I don't like snakes or spiders. Anything else I can deal with.

Sowwwrry TickQueener.

If that snake does anything to our Miss James you are in deep doo doo.

;)

Yup i can't stand snakes, and rats too...even big spiders

Anything too stupid to be said... is sung.
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 04 Feb 05, 10:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Geeks, I have those wood spiders I think they are called all over my house in the summer and fall. I have a big farm behind my house. Their bodies are about the size of a quarter!!! They are HUGE!! I don't know if that is what bit me one time, but I woke up with a huge red swollen bite on my arm. I had to go to the dr. and he had to drain it!! He said it was most likely a spider bite. Of course I don't know if it was or not but I'm pretty sure one of those bastards got me!!

I hate em!!!

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Posted: 04 Feb 05, 14:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser wrote:

Geeks, I have those wood spiders I think they are called all over my house in the summer and fall. I have a big farm behind my house. Their bodies are about the size of a quarter!!! They are HUGE!! I don't know if that is what bit me one time, but I woke up with a huge red swollen bite on my arm. I had to go to the dr. and he had to drain it!! He said it was most likely a spider bite. Of course I don't know if it was or not but I'm pretty sure one of those bastards got me!!

I hate em!!!

I'm totally with you, Lisser. My house is filled with those giant spiders (I don't think that there is a particular spieces of them..I see a HUGE variety of different ones). We have tiny spiders, medium spiders, and gigantic freaky ones. My mum calls them "rhinospiders" hehe. I used to be able to kill them when I was little, but ever since I had a gross experience with killing one,I can't even go near those things.

I usually do a "spider check" before I go to bed, so my mind will be at peace.

(Jim Rohn)

Posted: 04 Feb 05, 16:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think scorpians are cool, but I would be afraid to go near one too. I have a dead scorpian that my dad brought back from one of his business trips to Arizona many years back. I love it, it's in a small glass casing that looks sorta like a snowdome.

(Jim Rohn)

Posted: 04 Feb 05, 16:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser wrote:

I hate em!!!

Ouch, yeah, I have some of those in my yard too. Can't do a whole lot about them except wear gloves when you go in the yard, but they're not poisonous, just kind of irritating. If you're dealing with a brown rec or a black widow, on the other hand - Lord bless you and keep you. Don't let her near your fingers. I say "her" because the males are harmless.

Having common grays around the house is nice in the summer though, when the air is 1 part oxygen and 147 parts mosquito.

Dan - as a matter of fact, he's very arachnaphobic, but it hasn't affected anything yet, so it's cool.

Posted: 05 Feb 05, 10:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="lime">KillerQueen840 wrote:

I think scorpians are cool, but I would be afraid to go near one too. I have a dead scorpian that my dad brought back from one of his business trips to Arizona many years back. I love it, it's in a small glass casing that looks sorta like a snowdome.

Yeah, I get a little jumpy around them too. They're more aggressive than spiders, and both sexes sting.

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 05 Feb 05, 14:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My philosophy teacher said he used to grab tarantulas by the tail when he was a kid.

He also told us that once that he started teasing an scorpion with a stick, and the scorpion did nothing but try to sting the stick in order to defend itself. The poor scorpion kept wondering why his wooden enemy didn't seem to die, so the scorpion got so sick and tired of being pushed around by the stick, that it stung itself.