Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > This board is getting pathetic!

forum rss feed
Author

Joma user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 388 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Feb 05, 16:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok, this site used to be a good source of information but now it is all jokes and argument and personal stuff.
Please can anyone tell me where I can go and discuss seriously? Please send it to jomex@web.de so no-one silly can follow.... cheers

Live life to the full!

Posted: 07 Feb 05, 16:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What else could I expect....

Live life to the full!
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 05, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A handrag, and a copy of the home game?

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 05, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i'v been over this numerous times, the reason we disagree is simply the age difference between most of us, it's hard to see things the same way as a teenager. i'm in my early thirties so it's hard to chat about music with a 15 year old, you get my drift. why do i continue to cum hear, it's pretty simple, it's my of love for queen.

Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 05, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey a queen fan the same age or there abouts about time i've nothing aganist younger people but having people on here over 30 makes me feel a lot better.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 05, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I personally think this board has improved greatly since some changes have taken place.

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)

Posted: 07 Feb 05, 17:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jose Canseco wrote:

A handrag, and a copy of the home game?

YES!! that's it

Live life to the full!

Posted: 07 Feb 05, 17:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

i'v been over this numerous times, the reason we disagree is simply the age difference between most of us, it's hard to see things the same way as a teenager. i'm in my early thirties so it's hard to chat about music with a 15 year old, you get my drift. why do i continue to cum hear, it's pretty simple, it's my of love for queen.

True, I agree.

Live life to the full!
BiggyRat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 25 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 05, 17:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

I agree Mike. I'm 40, and grew up with Queen (not literally of course) I waited and hounded record shops on the days leading up to a new album/cd release asking "have you got it yet?". A lot of "fans" here, only became fans very late in the band's career or after they "finished" So, I agree age does play a large part, but is all the flaming really necessary?

Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
RainMustFall2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 129 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 05, 18:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to admit, I've been visiting QZ for two years, previously as RainMustFall, and it has gone a bit downhill with really strange topics and endlessly repeated questions. I think Sebastian's site going under construction had some long range effects on the Queen online community!

StarShine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 220 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 05, 19:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Isn't okay just have a little fun once in a while? Huh? Joma?

Love ya guys!:)

Posted: 07 Feb 05, 21:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, having fun is alright, I don't want to spoil that. I was just really angry about that Brenda guy...
Maybe I will calm down again.
One day.

Live life to the full!
My Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Melancholy Blues
Royalty: 1039 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 05, 00:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

Yes, I think so.
It's rather difficult to discuss or get proper informations especially about archival topics with the fan site like this where many people of different ages are coming.
But I enjoy Queenzone...sometimes feel tired of jokes being repeated, otoh sometimes feel we need jokes...
So...why don't you continue to come here like mike hunt... :-)

Je vais bien.

Estoy bien.
We Are The Champions user not visiting Queenzone.com
We Are The Champions
Bohemian: 879 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 05, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BRENDA wrote:

Hey a queen fan the same age or there abouts about time i've nothing aganist younger people but having people on here over 30 makes me feel a lot better.

I'm over 40 myself and enjoy mature and constructive debate. However, you can't stop young people/teenagers posting on these threads. The age limit is 13 isn't it? I usually ignore immature..call it what you like...comments, profanity where I feel I have to. People can obviously relate to others who are of the same age group I guess and besides, young people grow up much quicker these days!!

We all of us deeply apologise for this god forsaken shit heap of a building...but we will make it rock.

Brian May Wembley Pavilion 11.05.05.
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 05, 12:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We-Are-The-Champions wrote:

and besides, young people grow up much quicker these days!!

IMHO it's actually quite opposite, but... maybe I'm wrong...

Voice of Reason 2014 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1058 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 05, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some of your comments are interesting, though surprising.

It's the serious arguments I can't stand - where people tell each other to fuck off and try to arrange meeting to fight.

I mentioned this to my brother and he said the same thing happens on the soccer website he uses!

"Build your muscles as your body decays!"
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 05, 13:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#00FF33> Linda Of The Valley wrote:

Some older queenzoners here are so racist to us younger ones...

You know, I’m almost fifteen and I’ve never had anybody on these boards be rude towards me about my age. Usually, age isn’t the issue, it’s maturity. Then again, Linda, you do like to argue with people. Maybe take a break from swearing at everyone who disagrees with you and prove you can be mature by not fighting back?

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 05, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

great...young people are turds, go play on QOnline...shoo! xD

Killed by drones.
Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 05, 16:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just to clear up any misunderstanding what i meant was people the same age as me would be better to get relevant information like for example "do you remember when the magic tour was announced and the press coverage at that time was all queen and how exciting it was back then",no offence but anyone under a certain age wouldn't know.

I for one are really chuffed there's so many teenagers and young adults loving queen and finding something out about them with the same enthusiasm as i would imagine us older guys and gals did years before.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 05, 16:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have always made it a point in the years that I have frequented this board to try to treat people online with the same respect and courtesy that I would in everyday life. If I wouldn't say something to someone's face, I wouldn't say it here. Its very easy to hide behind a keyboard and hurl insults at people while you're safely anonymous. But I daresay that about 90% of the insults exchanged here wouldn't be repeated if the parties involved were standing face to face. I don't think it has anything to do with age either. As much tripe is posted by older posters as it is the youngsters. Just my feelings on the topic of this thread...

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.