Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > U.S. Tour ??????

forum rss feed
Author

DragonQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 05, 11:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Any indication if the King of Queen (May) will bring his Band to the states at any point????????

Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 05, 13:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If they come, I'm gonna boogie oogie oogie till I just can't boogie no more.


"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"



Sean Connery
Queen& user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 562 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 05, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

doubt it there not big over there


Paddy Can You Hear Me Now



Phoenix Nights Series 1
We Are The Champions user not visiting Queenzone.com
We Are The Champions
Bohemian: 879 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 05, 16:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Check out Brian's soapbox on
www.brianmay.com

They're looking at a possible Canada/USA tour in September/October 2005. They haven't been forgotten in the US..it's just that they haven't toured there since 1982 after the Hot Space tour.

A US tour is long overdue and I think they'll play small/medium sized arenas as on the European tour.


We all of us deeply apologise for this god forsaken shit heap of a building...but we will make it rock.

Brian May Wembley Pavilion 11.05.05.
DragonQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 05, 18:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope you are right! I have not seen them since the 70's! But they just do not get much bigger over here!!!! Contrary to popular belief!!!! Cheers!

Queen T user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 05, 20:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

M. Poulter:

Why do you doubt it? It says on his on the Queen tour site off of Brian's page on the timeline under September/October "Planning US/Canada tour," which you can logically deduce they are looking at venues...

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Feb 05, 02:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bambam wrote:

There's a prospect of them touring. It's not an all out war between the U.S. and Queen, you know. Does We Will Rock You @ Paris Las Vegas ring a bell? No animosity there, man. Hollywood walk of fame? What's this America-hates-Queen thing anyway?


Isn't it a fact that they almost sold no records in the US after making the IWTBF video?? I don't think that Freddie being gay was fully accepted there. I guess that's why they didn't come over to the US the last years they toured.


I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
We Are The Champions user not visiting Queenzone.com
We Are The Champions
Bohemian: 879 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Feb 05, 09:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Mir@cle wrote:

<font color="whitesmoke">bambam wrote:

There's a prospect of them touring. It's not an all out war between the U.S. and Queen, you know. Does We Will Rock You @ Paris Las Vegas ring a bell? No animosity there, man. Hollywood walk of fame? What's this America-hates-Queen thing anyway?


Isn't it a fact that they almost sold no records in the US after making the IWTBF video?? I don't think that Freddie being gay was fully accepted there. I guess that's why they didn't come over to the US the last years they toured.


The US just didn't get the IWTBF video and were rather shocked at seeing four men in drag. It was banned by MTV at the time. It's a spoof on Coronation Street.....for any Americans it's a UK TV Soap...and I agree with you when you say that Freddie being gay was not fully accepted over there. They even apparantly threw razor blades at Freddie in 1980 as a protest at his mustache!!. The writing was on the wall for Queen as far as US tours was concerned after the release of Hot Space. It resulted in very poor record sales and empty seats at concerts.

Queen, and probably any other band under these circumstances, were therefore reluctant to do any further US tours....unsold seats, apathy, poor record sales so decided to concentrate on other markets. It took the Wayne's World movie and Bo Rhap to resurrect Queen as a major artiste in the US. Apparantly, it was being called "Bohemian Rhapcity" by some people and shows, possibly how much Queen had been forgotten in the US? It got to number 2 in the Billboard Charts!!.. so made Queen popular and cool again to the general US public. Also didn't Brian tour as support for Guns'N'Roses in 1993? Brian might have toured as a support on the strength of this as well as being asked by Guns'N'Roses so Brian at least doesn't ignore the US audience.

America does not hate Queen and Queen does not hate America!!. You've got WWRY and Hollywood Walk Of Fame for god's sake and the possibility of a tour in September/October 2005!! There's always been a fan base in the US as in any other country so look forward to the tour when it's announced!!


We all of us deeply apologise for this god forsaken shit heap of a building...but we will make it rock.

Brian May Wembley Pavilion 11.05.05.
jasen101 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 746 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Feb 05, 03:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saving face? The only reason why Queen didn't tour America after 82 is the fact that you have to "work" for a US tour...european audiences have always been easier to please. AIDS was also out there and Freddie said in an interview that he wasn't going to tour America because of that alone! Unfortunately, the whole "gay" labelling and "i want to break free" video coupled with an incredibly homophobic US throughout Ronald Reagan's terms definately took Queen out of the spotlight after 82.


Freddie: "Yes, we'll have a great big cock fly over the crowd!"

Roadies: "Yeah! Great Idea!"

Freddie: "And it will fly into a great big mouth with a moustache!"

7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Feb 05, 00:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I really hope QPR tour the US.


When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
MercuryArts user not visiting Queenzone.com
MercuryArts
Bohemian: 839 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Feb 05, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Had they chosen to do a N. American tour back in '84 or '85 I think it would have boosted sales for that album. I was a 15 year old sophmore living in the Philadelphia area when Works was released. I waited w/ baited breath to hear the announcment of an upcoming tour. The video for IWTBF didn't help them in the anti-gay/homophoic society of this very prudish country. But the single was released a couple of months prior to the video and it bombed anyway. I was one the people that didn't like the song as well. Never did, from the moment I bought the record the day it was released I thought it was weak. Had the soong been a top 40 hit I'm sure the vidoe would have fared much better.
Fortunately I was able to see them in '82 on that final N.A. tour.
I think I will cry if they choose not to hit the states later this year. Now having money to go see them I am planning to hit the N.Y.C., Balt., D.C., Philly, Cleveland, and VA. shows. Provided they play all those cities. Hears to hoping & waiting once again w/ baited breath.


"Take care of those you call your own"
MercuryArts user not visiting Queenzone.com
MercuryArts
Bohemian: 839 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Feb 05, 11:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't believe I spelled HERE'S worng! Damnit!


"Take care of those you call your own"
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Feb 05, 09:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We-Are-The-Champions wrote:

The Mir@cle wrote:

<font color="whitesmoke">bambam wrote:

There's a prospect of them touring. It's not an all out war between the U.S. and Queen, you know. Does We Will Rock You @ Paris Las Vegas ring a bell? No animosity there, man. Hollywood walk of fame? What's this America-hates-Queen thing anyway?


Isn't it a fact that they almost sold no records in the US after making the IWTBF video?? I don't think that Freddie being gay was fully accepted there. I guess that's why they didn't come over to the US the last years they toured.


The US just didn't get the IWTBF video and were rather shocked at seeing four men in drag. It was banned by MTV at the time. It's a spoof on Coronation Street.....for any Americans it's a UK TV Soap...and I agree with you when you say that Freddie being gay was not fully accepted over there. They even apparantly threw razor blades at Freddie in 1980 as a protest at his mustache!!. The writing was on the wall for Queen as far as US tours was concerned after the release of Hot Space. It resulted in very poor record sales and empty seats at concerts.

Queen, and probably any other band under these circumstances, were therefore reluctant to do any further US tours....unsold seats, apathy, poor record sales so decided to concentrate on other markets. It took the Wayne's World movie and Bo Rhap to resurrect Queen as a major artiste in the US. Apparantly, it was being called "Bohemian Rhapcity" by some people and shows, possibly how much Queen had been forgotten in the US? It got to number 2 in the Billboard Charts!!.. so made Queen popular and cool again to the general US public. Also didn't Brian tour as support for Guns'N'Roses in 1993? Brian might have toured as a support on the strength of this as well as being asked by Guns'N'Roses so Brian at least doesn't ignore the US audience.

America does not hate Queen and Queen does not hate America!!. You've got WWRY and Hollywood Walk Of Fame for god's sake and the possibility of a tour in September/October 2005!! There's always been a fan base in the US as in any other country so look forward to the tour when it's announced!!


i thought the razor blades were thrown in South America?


Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!



NJ!!!























Victoria user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 529 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Feb 05, 03:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MercuryArts wrote:

I can't believe I spelled HERE'S worng! Damnit!


lol, don't worry. There's been worse. At least you saw it :)


*honk* *honk* - Harpo
We Are The Champions user not visiting Queenzone.com
We Are The Champions
Bohemian: 879 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Feb 05, 09:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="whitesmoke">bambam wrote:

Lisser wrote:

We-Are-The-Champions wrote:

The Mir@cle wrote:

<font color="whitesmoke">bambam wrote:

There's a prospect of them touring. It's not an all out war between the U.S. and Queen, you know. Does We Will Rock You @ Paris Las Vegas ring a bell? No animosity there, man. Hollywood walk of fame? What's this America-hates-Queen thing anyway?


Isn't it a fact that they almost sold no records in the US after making the IWTBF video?? I don't think that Freddie being gay was fully accepted there. I guess that's why they didn't come over to the US the last years they toured.


The US just didn't get the IWTBF video and were rather shocked at seeing four men in drag. It was banned by MTV at the time. It's a spoof on Coronation Street.....for any Americans it's a UK TV Soap...and I agree with you when you say that Freddie being gay was not fully accepted over there. They even apparantly threw razor blades at Freddie in 1980 as a protest at his mustache!!. The writing was on the wall for Queen as far as US tours was concerned after the release of Hot Space. It resulted in very poor record sales and empty seats at concerts.

Queen, and probably any other band under these circumstances, were therefore reluctant to do any further US tours....unsold seats, apathy, poor record sales so decided to concentrate on other markets. It took the Wayne's World movie and Bo Rhap to resurrect Queen as a major artiste in the US. Apparantly, it was being called "Bohemian Rhapcity" by some people and shows, possibly how much Queen had been forgotten in the US? It got to number 2 in the Billboard Charts!!.. so made Queen popular and cool again to the general US public. Also didn't Brian tour as support for Guns'N'Roses in 1993? Brian might have toured as a support on the strength of this as well as being asked by Guns'N'Roses so Brian at least doesn't ignore the US audience.

America does not hate Queen and Queen does not hate America!!. You've got WWRY and Hollywood Walk Of Fame for god's sake and the possibility of a tour in September/October 2005!! There's always been a fan base in the US as in any other country so look forward to the tour when it's announced!!


i thought the razor blades were thrown in South America?


Wasn't it the boobs?


Pairs of false tits were thrown at Freddie at the Rock In Rio festival when he sang I Want To Break Free. On the razor blades, read that in Canada 1980 as part of NA Tour, disposable razors were thrown as a protest(BIC throwaways?) so I was "right" in a way although not strictly US.
Razor blades were sent by fans to Freddie in 1980 as certain fans....me not included.... liked his new mustached image or so I read somewhere.


We all of us deeply apologise for this god forsaken shit heap of a building...but we will make it rock.

Brian May Wembley Pavilion 11.05.05.
Voice of Reason 2014 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1059 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Feb 05, 12:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


Hey 7Innuendo7,

Did you know that QPR is a soccer team in the UK?

It stands for Queens Park Rangers.

Glad to hear you're hoping they tour the US!







"Build your muscles as your body decays!"
Voice of Reason 2014 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1059 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Feb 05, 06:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey!

Last night I saw Body Language being used in Nip / Tuck!

Surely this now paves the way for a North American tour!!!








"Build your muscles as your body decays!"
goinback user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 997 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Feb 05, 01:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I want to boogie oogie oogie too if that's ok :)

Lots of people I know have told me about Queen touring (I'm here in the US) just because it's been in the news, so to me it seems like a lot of non-Queen fans know about it. Especially with some Bad Co songs I'm sure it will be a big hit. I think a lot of people here are over the gay thing honestly. Lots of teenage males from the '70s will probably remember Brian May's guitar playing. Plus there's the whole sort of glam-rock revival via The Darkness, etc....

I think the rock stations will be talking about it quite a bit in whatever town the band is coming to, since no one thought it would happen.

Several weeks ago on the NHL pregame they were doing some kind of interview with game footage, and they played 4 Queen songs in the background! They played Under Pressure, A Kind Of Magic and something else which all were sort of sports-themed. Then they played Radio Ga-Ga which was an odd choice so I figured they must have just had a Queen fan doing the music, and it lasted over 5 minutes. I have been noticing more and more Queen here everywhere lately.


"I have no time for Time magazine. Or Rolling Stone." Jethro Tull
7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Feb 05, 10:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queens Park Rangers? oi, love soccer!

Brian would be a forward, Roger a midfielder, Paul a halfback? Fullback? Who's the goalie? Deacon? ;)

bring 'em on!


When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
We Are The Champions user not visiting Queenzone.com
We Are The Champions
Bohemian: 879 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 05, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Voice of Reason 2005 wrote:

Hey!

Last night I saw Body Language being used in Nip / Tuck!

Surely this now paves the way for a North American tour!!!







I hope that choosing Body Language...which is absolute crap and Queen's worst ever single... is no reflection on the show! Probably chosen for its vanity content and of course body reference. Don't think Body Language being played has affected the possibility of a NA tour at all....just a red herring.


We all of us deeply apologise for this god forsaken shit heap of a building...but we will make it rock.

Brian May Wembley Pavilion 11.05.05.