Posted: 09 Feb 05, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

did queen ever play the studio version live

Paddy Can You Hear Me Now

Phoenix Nights Series 1
Farlander user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 662 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 05, 14:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I assume you mean in an arrangement more like the studio version (i.e. with piano).

I think when they first started doing this song, it was more like the studio version, yes.

Queen& user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 562 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 05, 14:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mayby they should do it like this on the new tour
wiv the 4 of them

Phoenix Nights Series 1
Farlander user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 662 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 05, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love the studio "Love of My Life" but don't care much for the live versions with guitar, so I'd be all for this. Unfortunately, the guitar/vocal duet version seems to be kind of a classic live bit.

Queen& user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 562 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 05, 14:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Farlander wrote:

I love the studio "Love of My Life" but don't care much for the live versions with guitar, so I'd be all for this. Unfortunately, the guitar/vocal duet version seems to be kind of a classic live bit.

yer mayby when freddie was here but now hes not dont think they should do it on this tour

Phoenix Nights Series 1
kohuept user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 552 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 05, 17:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm fairly certain a "piano/harp" version
was never performed outside the studio.

You just can't beat the reasonably priced mosquito repellant OFF.
shmoopy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 11 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 05, 17:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i actually read an interview where freddie said it was adapted for the guitar on stage and because of that he forgot how to play it on the piano. he said if he wanted to do it he'd have to go back to the sheet music and he really can't read music that well either lol...i'll see if i can find that interview for u later

shmoopy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 11 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 05, 18:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What's your best song so far?

I don't know, I write 'em, and leave'em. If you asked me to play some of my older songs on the piano, I couldn't. I forget them, I learnt them for the time. I have to go in a day earlier and try to work out all the chords to my own songs. I forget them very quickly. For example, "Love Of My Life" is adapted on stage for guitar, but it was written on the piano.
I've totally forgotten the original and if you asked me to play that now, I couldn't. Sometimes, I have to go back to the music sheet, and I can't read that well either!

there u go...i got that from here: http://queen.musichall.cz/index_en.php?s=ro&d=fredie81

My Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Melancholy Blues
Royalty: 1039 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 05, 18:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

shmoopy wrote:

i actually read an interview where freddie said it was adapted for the guitar on stage and because of that he forgot how to play it on the piano. he said if he wanted to do it he'd have to go back to the sheet music and he really can't read music that well either lol...i'll see if i can find that interview for u later

Oh, is that so? very interesting and very Freddie-like!
Sometimes I have wondered why he has never played it on the piano in the live stages.
But many fans have always loved to see him singing next to Brian playing guitar. And so do I.
Of course album version is very very stunning...
I hear he sometimes played classics partly such as Chopin at rehearsals, so he was inspired by such classic tunes so much...indeed, his piano playing reminds me Chopin and so on...again the piano part of LOML is very very fantastic!

Je vais bien.

Estoy bien.