Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > THOSE GOING TO LATEST GIGS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES

forum rss feed
Author

bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Feb 05, 19:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Have you no respect for Freddie ?.

IT IS NOT QUEEN

Queen died as a live band in August 1986.

Why is it only John Deacon can see the light ?

The tour should be renamed Brian May/Roger Taylor + Paul Rogers.

QUEEN SHOULD NOT AND I REPEAT NOT BE USED IT IS BEING DISRESPECTFUL TO FREDDIE'S MEMORY.

BURN YOUR TICKETS AND PROTEST ON MASS.

Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
Headlong24 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 62 posts

Posted: 11 Feb 05, 19:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Go fuck yourself, don't tell me what I should do. You should go sod off!!!!

Play The Game

Posted: 11 Feb 05, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So you prefer Paul Rodgers to Freddie then do you Headlong ?

Your ain't a real Queen fan mate.

I Repeat Queen died as a live act in 1986 you dumb fuck. Prick.

tomnever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 199 posts

Posted: 11 Feb 05, 20:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's you "Bryans Permed Poodle", who are not a real fan.

You're not even able to write "BrIan" properly, you poor negative pathetic loser !!

"Surrender to the city of the fireflies

Dance to the devil in beat with the band

To hell with all of you hand in hand"

Posted: 11 Feb 05, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

and get the fuck out of here, this is not a place for "false" provocative fans.

Nobody invited you.

Posted: 12 Feb 05, 04:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am a real fan. Went to both Wembley shows in 86. Own every single Album, Single, DVD Queen have ever made.

If some fans want to delude themselves that they are going to see Queen on Tour then that's up to them. My point is the Queen name should not be used

Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 05, 04:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

Have you no respect for Freddie ?.

IT IS NOT QUEEN

Queen died as a live band in August 1986.

Why is it only John Deacon can see the light ?

The tour should be renamed Brian May/Roger Taylor + Paul Rogers.

QUEEN SHOULD NOT AND I REPEAT NOT BE USED IT IS BEING DISRESPECTFUL TO FREDDIE'S MEMORY.

Oh no here we go again let me tell you brian and roger have got has much right to call themselves queen as they want to they are half the band, what do you think the alternative should be? qu or brian may/roger taylor + paul rodgers ,sorry mate too much of a fuckin mouthful that is.

Listen to the song the show must go on and freddie's saying when i'm gone you carry on you have my blessing same as if another member had died(god forbid) they were 4 equal guys in a great fuckin band with ultra massive egos which makes them so intriguing.

So no i won't protest and burn my tickets i'll be looking forward to seeing my fave band one last time before the sands of time take them away for all eternity.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

Libor2 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Libor2
Bohemian: 661 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 05, 05:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

These endless disputations about if they should use name Queen, or who is the real fun are really boring.

The reality is, that they use name Queen (+Paul Rodgers) and I don't see any reason, why they wouldn't use it. It's their "brand name" not your, BPP.

They are Queen (or, what left from Queen). Freddie is dead (it's sad, but maybe some people should understand it, after almost 15 years of this fact) and John don't want to participate (from whatever reasons - it's his decision).

I've been listening to lot of music all my life. For me the world didn't end, when Freddie was gone. I accepted, I won't see Queen in all its glory, never in my life.

Now I have the chance to see and hear the half of Queen live. And, for me, the old rocker, with IMHO great frontman Paul Rodgers. Maybe the "rock" times are returning with him. Not with people like Williams or Michael.

--- So, I will be there, and I don't give a fuck, if I am real fan or not (and also - it isn't your bussiness to judge, who is or isn't the right one). I'm fan of good music, and I hope, I'll get it there. You could, of course, sit at home and look at the wall with Freddie poster. It's your problem, not mine.

Libor

PS. Look at all those line-up changes in, for example, Uriah Heep. They make very good music all the time, in 90's better than all, what they did in 80's and almost as good, as in Byron era. If they stopped playing after Byron and then Hensley left, their fans would miss some really good CDs. And live gigs of course. (I could continue: Yes, Genesis, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden etc.)

Some Queen fans are strange: they should be happy to see Brian and Roger playing live and instead I hear only complaining. Sad.

But now it's time to be gone - forever...

Posted: 12 Feb 05, 05:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excellent post Libor. You rock !

Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 05, 05:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Libor2 wrote:

(I could continue: Yes, Genesis, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden etc.)

It's interesting that Genesis and Iron Maiden should be mentioned in here... I would think they are examples that prove against your point.

Sure, Genesis replaced Peter with Phil. But that was before they were famous... When they tried to replace Phil after twenty years, the band fell apart!
The same thing almost happened to Iron Maiden, but they were saved by getting Bruce back. :P

Hankster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 469 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 05, 06:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

interesting topic mate!

btw .. let's all give our friend Bryans Permed Poodle a warm welcome, people!

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 05, 08:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why don't you just ignore idiots like this one?

Hitman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2217 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 05, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Libor for president!

and "Linda of the valley" his first lady!! :D:D

Anything too stupid to be said... is sung.
wesi72 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 173 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 05, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

OK mate - what on earth gives you the right to:

a) Tell thousands of people that they have no right to enjoy themselves, or that they should feel guilty about it.

b) Tell two of Freddie's colleagues and best friends how they should go about respecting his memory.

Just wondering...

Cheers,
Andrew

Cheers,

Andrew
cream user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 05, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hate the way some assholes insist on supporting their rock band like a football team. Yes, Queen are the greatest of all time in their genre, but Brian May and Roger Taylor are world class musicians in their own right who were inadvertently plunged into a black hole by a dire consequence of Freddie Mercury's sex life.

Freddie was the greatest and is irreplacable. That is blindingly obvious.

I don't give a stuff if you were at every Queen concert and have every cd and dvd, perhaps you should read the sleeve notes and check your spelling of BRIAN, hell if you have every release by Queen you should have read it enough times.

Oh and thanks for the advice, I'll get straight to burning my 2 tickets for the Paris gig! You are obviously a mine of information on the world of music, I'm sure Freddie would be very proud of your sort, urging music lovers to burn their tickets.

Freddie ain't doing anymore gigs, life moves on, its sad but true. I can't wait to see the new Queen + Paul Rodgers tour, if you're not going "on protest" then stay home, shut up and let the rest of us go and have a blast.

I assure you that we will not be the losers.

Freddie F user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 53 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 05, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Those who never experienced Queen live haven't got a better choice. It's the same for the Rolling Stones fans: two founding members are gone: Brian Jones and Bill Wyman; AC/DC tours without Bon Scott since 1980... Everyone's free of his own decisions, that's crap to tell such a thing. I want to hear Queen songs played live without seeing a cover band, that's it.

legends never die! user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 73 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 05, 11:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think instead of burning our tickets we should applaud brian and roger for what they're doing, reviving the greatest songs ever.

of course i cant burn my ticket since i dont have one :(

Steve P user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 113 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 05, 11:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well thanks for pointing out where I am going wrong Poodle. I suppose being at Worcester in 73 and Knebworth in 86 (attending 50+ concerts in between) makes me not a real "Fan" although I think that there is a chance that I may be.

When this came up a few weeks ago I posted then and I'll post it again. I was fortunate enough to be born at just the right time to appreciate what are and will be one of the best live acts EVER. You must remember Wembley when one Vision started ..... THE GROUND SHOOK ....and when Bo Rap and Ga Ga were played. What was the atmosphere like ???

Come on lets give others (including the youngesters) the chance to hear and feel the music and appreciate what Brian and Roger are willing to do for us.

I am taking my Wife, my 20 year old Son and 22 year old Daughter to Cardiff. It's like Christmas Eve in our house.

So how about just letting everyone enjoy it. If you want to stay at home that's fine by me.

See ya

PS
If you want me to get you a Tour Programme and send it to you I will ......

Lady Cool Cat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 421 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 05, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Leave us alone! We'll do whatever we want! It's still half ofQueen, and it's good enough for me, 'cuz my dream was to see Queen perform...but, since Deaky and Freddie will never come back, might as well see Brian and Roger perform! They still rock,too!!!

Friends Will Be Friends; Life without friends is like Rock n' Roll without Queen.

boy of destiny user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 214 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 05, 12:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and has the right to express it. If the tour does come to North America I know I'm going. It may not be "Queen", but they'll put on a hell of a show just the same. Think of them as the best tribute band in the world.