Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > THE MIRACLE TOUR

forum rss feed
Author

Peta user not visiting Queenzone.com
Peta
Bohemian: 319 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Feb 05, 08:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen planed The Miracle tour in 1989. In that time they could not do it. What a pity! I think it would be best tour in their history! But I know Freddie´s health was more important.

04.10.08 - Hannover, 05.10.08 - Hamburg, 28.10.08 Budapest, 31.10.08 Prague, 1.11.08 Wien
Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 05, 09:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think they planned the tour as freddie's illness was declining slowly but the rest wanted to go back out on the road but freddie was aganist it citing he wanted to break the cycle of "album,world tour back in the studio etc" when he was slowly fading away and didn't have the strenghth to strut about on stage.

There was a n interview with mike read on radio 1 in 1989 to concide with the release of the miracle with the four members interviewed for the first time in years and they talk about the album and other things as well.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 05, 09:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#FF399> Linda Of The Valley wrote:

It wouldn't be the best tour.

I'm inclined to agree with you, to be honest. An Innuendo tour, however would have been brilliant!!

News Of The World user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 103 posts

Posted: 15 Feb 05, 08:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree if there was a Miracle tour it would have been huge probably bigger than the Magic Tour.

"I'm Just A Musical Prostitute My Dear"

Freddie Mercury, 1984
Scirocco1977 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 533 posts

Posted: 15 Feb 05, 10:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BRENDA wrote:

I .... but freddie was aganist it citing he wanted to break the cycle of "album,world tour back in the studio etc"

I think that was just an excuse to hide the fact that he was no longer able to tour the world or the continent.

Keep 'em mowing blades sharp!
bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 15 Feb 05, 14:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Scirocco1977 wrote:

BRENDA wrote:

I .... but freddie was aganist it citing he wanted to break the cycle of "album,world tour back in the studio etc"

I think that was just an excuse to hide the fact that he was no longer able to tour the world or the continent.

well, clearly it was - although he somehow was able to visit Montreux regularly and also Spain during that time to record with Montserrat..

Scirocco1977 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 533 posts

Posted: 15 Feb 05, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, flying to a beautiful country is somewhat different to perform every second night a two hour concert, wouldn'T you say? ;).

Keep 'em mowing blades sharp!