Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Headlong video.

forum rss feed
Author

Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Feb 05, 08:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi guys i've just dusted off my greatest flix2 video and played it 4 the first time in ages i wanted to see the innuendo videos and i saw them and wondered about a couple of things.

The start of innuendo there's a building with big arch windows and the same building features in headlong at the start, are these studios? i'm just curious to know.

I really like the headlong video it looks like freddie's having a ball on it and he still looks good even though he must have felt like f****n shit, also a question on this wasn't this video shot in november 90 and not april 91 as stated in gf2 booklet, the reason i'm saying this is because i had a christmas issue of the fan club magazine and in there was a letter written by either freddie or brian and it states that they had just finished filming the video to headlong and it would make sense that this was the case because the appearance of freddie in "headlong" to "i'm going slightly mad" is very different and i think they have the date wrong.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 05, 08:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is indeed a studio. I think it was called Metropolis Studios or something.

And they actually filmed the main parts of Headlong in Nov. 1990. Brian filmed additional balcony parts in April 1991, so the Queen Fan Club is actually right on both counts.

brian_may_wannabe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 05, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I haven't seen it. Hope it come on the Greatest Video Hits III DVD if and when it is released.

daniel.hughes

made_in_heaven (thats_what_they_day)
Martin Packer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 527 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 05, 10:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice yellow sweatshirt. :-)

But then I have a screensaver of him in a blue shirt from the same video. He didn't look good.

I have a theory: Perhaps bits of Freddie footage are from the 2 shootings - late 90 and early 91. That might explain why he looked worse in the "blue shirt" shots.

I hate being this morbid. :-(

Martin
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 05, 10:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Was there a "One Vision" style making of with Headlong? I have a Queen documentary where they play Headlong footage that was not in the filmclip (for the morbid, it's just the guys standing around and Freddie looking very tired).

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 05, 16:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Martin Packer wrote:

Nice yellow sweatshirt. :-)

But then I have a screensaver of him in a blue shirt from the same video. He didn't look good.

I have a theory: Perhaps bits of Freddie footage are from the 2 shootings - late 90 and early 91. That might explain why he looked worse in the "blue shirt" shots.

I hate being this morbid. :-(

Are you serious? I've always thought that Freddie looked terrible in the yellow shirt and quit good in the blue one.

Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 05, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

gonna show my ignorance now...but - wasn't part of the Headlong vid filmed onboard the Queen Mary ?

go deo na h√Čireann
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 05, 17:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<B><font color=#ff7f00>Brenski</B> wrote:

gonna show my ignorance now...but - wasn't part of the Headlong vid filmed onboard the Queen Mary ?

No.

Even then, Brian and Roger were the only Queen members aboard the Queen Mary ship.

maxpower user not visiting Queenzone.com
maxpower
Bohemian: 477 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 05, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i find the headlong vid difficult to watch due to Freddie's health, slightly mad was different black & white, in a costume, these are days is easier again probably down to the black & white, but i have to say Freddie in his blue shirt he appears a little heathlier ("playing" the solo on that acoustic guitar) compared to band scene in the yellow jumper, i just dont find it easy viewing he was very brave

Martin Packer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 527 posts

Posted: 17 Feb 05, 03:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whisperer and maxpower, I concede these things are a matter of personal opinion. I guess:

1) I like the yellow jumper for its own sake.

2) Freddie was doing a little dance when in the yellow jumper - albeit not moving very far.

3) My downer on the blue shirt is that if you have it static on your screen - in my case as a screensaver - you inspect the picture more closely than you perhaps should.

All in all I think we can agree that Freddie carried the whole last few years of his life extremely nobly, and the band must've been incredibly supportive.

The subterfuge is in interesting, but I really wouldn't want to eg trouble Brian looking for details. As has been said before with 20-20 hindsight a lot of it is plain to see (the subterfuge, that is). But it wasn't 100% successful as, even in the Miracle timeframe, we all knew something was different.

Martin
kashmir user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 17 Feb 05, 09:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey guys. You're not right. There were two footages of the Headlong video. The first filming was in november 1990 in Montreux, they were recording in the studio and in the same time they filmed the video....Freddie was in the blue shirt.. The second part of the video was filmed in april 1991 in London, Freddie was in yellow shirt... That's correct information.

Teremov
nino trovato user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 59 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 05, 08:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes Brenda it was slated for November 23, 1990. I remember seeing an outtake or two and noticed the slate with the date on it. Exactly one year later he was gone.

Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 05, 08:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was released in usa in feb 91 and the video was already completed by then as it was filmed in november90 the april91 footage is with brian's footage on the stairs adding some extra guitar which i haven't heard on any other version incidentally,and then featured firstly on greatest flix 2 in oct 91 and i for one could not see freddie looking terrible in "i'm going slightly mad" and then about 2 months later looking slightly better in headlong,the timescale doesn't tally.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

TheDrown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 05, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Would it be too much to ask, does anyone have a link to view this video online, or could post it? I've seen it once, in Holland, and have only seem glimpses since then, and have been very interested in viewing it again since that time... any help is appreciated. Thanks gang.

jeff payne 1680 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 711 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 05, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

buy gvh2

jeffpayne56@msn.com
lyricalassasin77 user not visiting Queenzone.com
lyricalassasin77
Bohemian: 435 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 05, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not one of my favorites either song nor video. I think even if Freddie was healthy and well, the whole premise for the video seemed to be hastily put together just to have a video......

Dislocate your spine if you don't sign.....He say's I'll have you seeing double
Scott_Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 704 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 05, 17:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Headlong is not on the US GH2.

Having a smoking area in a restaurant is like having a pissing section in a swimming pool
freddie4ever92 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 98 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 05, 18:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have GVH2 and headlong isn't on mine. How can I see it ? Is it one of the hidden ones? Please help as I would like to see it!

freddie4ever92 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 98 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 05, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh,ok. Thanx !!! :-)

Freddie-B user not visiting Queenzone.com
Freddie-B
Deity: 2859 posts

Posted: 19 Feb 05, 06:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think he looks worse in the yellow jumper, if worse is an appropriate term.

It's a good video though, shows them having fun at least, which I don't think is forced at all.

Slightly Mad is a million times harder to watch, in my opinon.