Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Freddie Driving

forum rss feed
Author

supernova190188 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 232 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Feb 05, 11:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does anyone know if Freddie held a driving license or was he just driven everywhere?

We love you Freddie, R.I.P
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 05, 11:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He had one lesson, after a few minutes he stopped, told the instructor it wasn't his cup of tea and that woz it. xD
So he had a chauffeur really...well since they got big, before that he walked and took the bus.

Killed by drones.
freddie4ever92 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 98 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 05, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually I read that he hardly ever took the bus. I remember reading somewhere that before they hit the big time, when he had a stall at Kensington Market with Roger Taylor, one time I think it was either Roger or Brian had been and went home and forgot their jacket. Freddie didn't have enough money for a taxi home so he sold the jacket for the money for the cab. I read this in the book : Queen the definitive biography by Laura Jackson.

freddie4ever92 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 98 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 05, 16:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's a really good book actually I would definitly recommend it to anyone that was looking for a good read! xxx :-)

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 05, 18:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He couldn't drive at all.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 05, 20:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think on the 'Magic Moments' or 'Becoming Queen' someone mentioned that while Queen was still struggling to make it big, Freddie didn't want to take driving lessons because he felt that one day rather than him driving, he was going to be driven most of the time.

Eventually, he did.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
KenJ_1986 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 75 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 05, 02:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I certainly can't blame him! I would never drive if I didn't have to, but I'm in America, and there isn't any public trasportation here.

-KenJ
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 05, 04:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well if you see a car go past with no driver, it might be his GHOST at the wheel.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller