Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Milton Keynes DVD Overdub??

forum rss feed
Author

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3034 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 05, 16:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

On the last verse of Fat Bottomed Girls, when Freddie sings the word 'locality', my orginal MK Bowl VHS tape has a distinct breaking in Freddie's voice, as he searches for a high note. I may be wrong, but I am sure this has been 'cleaned up' in the new version (possible with a drop in from a different live version or the studio original??)

In Justin Shirley Smith's interview at Queen OnLine, he actually stated that there are no overdubs. I'm sure that if this has been doctored (not to any detriment I must add), I'm sure that some fans might worry that there are other little 'touch-ups' that we are unaware of on other live stuff (although I'm sure this isn't so, as unlike many bands, Queen always seemed to state their desire to avoid this route at all costs).

Can anyone shed some light on this either way, for my curiosity if nothing else!!

Cheers

Chris

NTL user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 243 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 05, 16:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow 74, Live Killers, WWRY Montreal 81, MK 82, and Wembley 86 have all definately been overdubbed or doctored to some degree, heavily in the case of the Rainbow.

I love you for your mind baby give me your body.
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 05, 17:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good lord, there's already a topic on this on the first page.

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=477951

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 05, 23:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not to mention it was discussed only a few months ago. All your answers await you with the click of the search button.

Peace,
Adam.