Author

YourValentine user is on Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Feb 05, 09:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bush is here - and this is the situation:

- no tram , bus or cars are in the streets.
- all highways in the area are closed
- all schools, kindergartens and the university closed
90% of the shops are closed
-people are not allowed to be in the streets
-if they leave their homes or are on their way to their homes, they are accompanied by police
-all private garages in the city are sealed, no car is allowed to leave them
- all public carports are empty and closed
-all mail boxes and trash bins in the cities were removed, all cars removed
- all manhole covers in the city were weld closed and cannot be opened
- no ships allowed on the Rhine river, all bridhes closed
- no planes allowed over the city area. There is an announcement that any private plane will be shot down without warning
- instead police helicopters are cruising
- the International airport in Frankfurt was / will be closed for an hour when the president lands/takes off
- all hotel rooms in the city are occupied by American security people

pretty much the same is happening in our neighbour city across the Rhine where Bush visits American soldiers.
The progamme of Mrs Bush : visiting American children of soldiers yesterday, visiting Ramstein (US air base) today. Nice to meet you, Mrs Bush

Now tell me, is that normal in the USA when the President visits? Is this the safer world he created when he attacked the Iraq?

I do not want any google ads here.

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 05, 09:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

not really
we are used to him and dont pay much attention when he comes around.

MY GOD spell it write.
YourValentine

Posted: 23 Feb 05, 09:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ICQ, William:)

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 05, 09:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nothing is on lock down like that when he's around. When he flies in our airport (Greater Cincinnati/Northern KY International) all other air traffic is halted, but the airport is not closed. I'm not sure if every time this happens but it is not unusual for F-16s to fly next to Air Force 1. They have orders to shoot down anything that comes near them. It is normal for streets to close down when the motorcade comes through, but it doesn't take very long.

I'm not sure why your people aren't allowed out and everything is so locked down. Here when the President is out, he likes to shake hands with people and be social. I guess his advisors just don't feel like he's safe.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

YourValentine

Posted: 23 Feb 05, 09:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Apparently, he thinks that "Old Europe" is full of terrorists I think Bush is paranoid. No other president ever required such heavy security. Bush senior visited my city and it was a very different story, he actually talked to German people.

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 05, 09:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ow my god... I'm glad Bush doesn't come over to the Netherlands. (our goverment supports that asshole, so there's no need for him to talk to those sissies) Hate living in isolation.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Lisser

Posted: 23 Feb 05, 09:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bush should talk to your people. I can imagine how that would make your city feel if Bush acts like he is too good to speak to your people. He should make more of an effort to speak to the people of other nations. Maybe if he did he might be more liked??? is that possible?? hahahaahaaa!

How are you feeling today Barb? Hope your day is going well.

:)

NJ!!!

YourValentine

Posted: 23 Feb 05, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am forced out of work like most people here.

Initially, Bush wanted to chat with students from our university but the plan was cancelled because he did not want to answer any questions the students handed in:

about the American social security system, the Kyoto protocol, The US opinion about the UN, the Iraq war, the American economy, The US nuclear weapons in Germany, the role of the NATO etc etc etc.

Instead he will talk to "young leaders" i.e. young (American) members of various German-American friendship organisations. I don't mind with which American citizens he or his wife speak, I only wish they would do it at home and I would not have to pay for it with my tax money.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 05, 10:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Mir@cle wrote:

Ow my god... I'm glad Bush doesn't come over to the Netherlands. (our goverment supports that asshole, so there's no need for him to talk to those sissies) Hate living in isolation.

Trust me, he will go there knowing that pot is legal in the Netherlands. The man sure hasn't forgotten his old party days. However, he might not go to the Netherlands while blow is still illegal, and we all know that's his favorite.

If Bush doesn't go there, then at least we know that his daughter Jenna would be more than happy to party on in Holland.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
The Mir@cle

Posted: 23 Feb 05, 10:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

double post

The Mir@cle

Posted: 23 Feb 05, 10:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

Initially, Bush wanted to chat with students from our university but the plan was cancelled because he did not want to answer any questions the students handed in:

about the American social security system, the Kyoto protocol, The US opinion about the UN, the Iraq war, the American economy, The US nuclear weapons in Germany, the role of the NATO etc etc etc.

That's because he has no arguments to defend his political decisions. They would have kicked his ass.

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

The Mir@cle wrote:

Trust me, he will go there knowing that pot is legal in the Netherlands. The man sure hasn't forgotten his old party days. However, he might not go to the Netherlands while blow is still illegal, and we all know that's his favorite.

If Bush doesn't go there, then at least we know that his daughter Jenna would be more than happy to party on in Holland.

That would be a good reason to forbid smoking Canabis here ;-)

Lisser

Posted: 23 Feb 05, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do you still get pay for the day you can't work Barb? I hope so.

NJ!!!

flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 05, 12:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i actually like bush, i know most you guys dont but....
i think it shows how powerful a nation/usa and bush are around the world, i listened to his speach last night and i really think he's gonna go after iran, CIA insiders or whatever have info that iran are planning to nuke isreal when its nuclear weapons are finished.:(

oo la la
The Mir@cle

Posted: 23 Feb 05, 12:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

flash00. wrote:

i think it shows how powerful a nation/usa and bush are around the world, i listened to his speach last night and i really think he's gonna go after iran, CIA insiders or whatever have info that iran are planning to nuke isreal when its nuclear weapons are finished.:(

Powerful... aarrrgg. That's what I hate! Is the rest of the world less important than the USA??? I hate that arrogance. No offence to you guys.

The CIA let us believe what they want. Didn't the USA attacked Iraq because of the Nuclear weapons?? By the way, Israel does own a lot nuclear weapons as well. So let Israel defend itself, it's their own fault that they have a lot of enemies.

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 23 Feb 05, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

flash00. wrote:

Can you trust the same people who gave the information that Iraq had WMDs, and links to Al-Qaeda? North Korea is most likely to nuke South Korea or Japan than Iran to nuke Israel. Yet Bush doesn't seem to care much about North Korea. Oh, and what can we say about Osama Bin Laden? Remember him? The man who killed 3,000 Americans but who seems to be forgotten more and more by the Bush administration day by day. Where the hell is he? and why Bush doesn't go after him even though the entire world knows that he's the biggest threat to America.

Iran could hate Israel all they want, but at a time like this when relationships between Israel and Palestine have shown major improvements leading to a quite possible declaration of an independent Palestinian state, any wrong move from Iran would put the whole world including Muslim nations against them.

Iran has shown more progress towards peace than the United States, and their peace purposes are very poor let me tell you. The Bush administration is an absolute embarassment to this great nation. Their arrogant "kick-ass" attitude is nothing but an evil obsession with power.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Lisser

Posted: 23 Feb 05, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hate that the rest of the world thinks all Americans are arrogant. I promise you, most Americans don't believe we are superior to other nations. Only the most ignorant people believe they are superior to others. I have never and will never think that I am better than anyone from a different country. I just live my life like everyone else does. I keep breathing and do what I need to do to stay alive.

:)

NJ!!!

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 23 Feb 05, 14:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

True thing there Lisser

Most Americans are not arrogant. At least we know that 59 million of them could possibly be arrogant, but when it comes to bringing up numbers, that equals to just 20% of the country's population.

So don't blame us for the attitude of a fifth part of all Americans.

YourValentine

Posted: 23 Feb 05, 14:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't worry, Melissa, most Europeans are intelligent enough to make the difference between a nation and the administration. I would not want to be judged for the actions of a German government, either. There is a strong history of friendship between Europe and the USA although Bush does a lot to tarnish it. He really has the nerve to lecture Putin about democracy and the rule of law while he is doing a lot to sabotage both in his own country.

Luckily, he left and we have our city back.

Leppar user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 236 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 05, 14:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can't you stop whining? Bush is doing a good job and it seems no matter what he does he gets stick for it? He is doing his best and doing what is best for his country. Fact is you can't please everyone but at least he is doing something about world problems. Can you cut him some slack please?

Don't call me gigolo, don't call me Casanova

Just call me on the phone and baby come on over!
Lisser

Posted: 23 Feb 05, 14:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am glad to hear that Barb. I know world issues are def important but there are so many things here in his own country he needs to look at in the face and do what he can to rectify them.

I've said this before and I'll say it again....we should mind our own business and stay out of other country's issues and off their property. Unless they have some sort of weapon aimed right at us and intend to harm us, then there is no need for our govt to intrude on other countries.

Just my opinion.

NJ!!!