Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > last picture of queen together

forum rss feed
Author

bigc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 353 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Feb 05, 10:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

when was/what is the last photo taken of queen(as in freddie,john,brian,roger) taken together?.

I know its before May 30th 1991, as that was the final offical shot of Freddie and filming of These Are The Days Of Our Lives(Brian wasnt present and edited in later).

I'm guessing probably around April..when they shot the remainder of the Headlong video. Im just curious, not in a morbid way, but the last picture of them all together

*Lisa* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 24 Feb 05, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

May 30th 1991 was the day I was born!

bigc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 353 posts

Posted: 24 Feb 05, 11:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color="red">Peter Cetera</b> wrote:

Its been discussed before: Headlong was shot in November / December 1990, Freddie was too ill in April 1991 to look that way. The only thing that was added in April 1991 was probably a shot with Brian on guitar.

The last photo of the band being together was probably during the video for "I`m Going Slightly Mad". I haven`t seen any "newer" picture. Freddie would have been too ill for such a shot.

well I had a feeling it would be....everything has been! its just its been alot less prominent than other topics. I just saw on a website that Headlong was recorded in November 1990 and April 1991, and a few people agreed.

Ander Vørschört user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 684 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 05, 21:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He did in april, all of the shots of him in the yellow sweater!

That time will come, one day you'll see, when we can all be friends.
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 05, 22:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do you listen to Bohemian Rhapsody? There's an appropriate lyric in there....

"NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!"

Come on guys, be serious - he was too damned ill in May 1991 to be Headlonging. In TATDOOL, he's standing there in one spot looking very frail - a lesion on one of his feet prevented him from leaping around and doing cartwheels and whatnot.
With that kind of bloody thing going on inside his body, killing him - do you REALLY think that he'd be doing Headlong-style workouts all over the studio?

Thought not!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 05, 07:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just realized TATDOOL and TSMGO both have butterfly images in the lyrics or video

When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 05, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Forever88 wrote:

He did in april, all of the shots of him in the yellow sweater!

Headlong was filmed much earlier than April of 1991 came, IMO.

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 05, 12:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

7Innuendo7 wrote:

I just realized TATDOOL and TSMGO both have butterfly images in the lyrics or video

I caught this too. But then butterflies are symbols of rebirth,...(ie: perhaps hope, good, etc.). Butterflies are very symbolic of life renewal and much that is good to many people universally.

And don't forget Freddie's use of the Phoenix (also an image/symbol of rebirth and hope), as well in Queen's Crest, and which the band used in naming the AIDS Charity on Freddie's and all AIDS' victims' behalf, The Mercury Phoenix Trust.

Below is a little insight into Freddie's religion, (He was of the Zoroastrian faith), and you can see where the image/symbol of the butterfly might fit in. It is from this site...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrian

For further info. see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddie_Mercury

Quote "The resulting cosmic conflict involves the entire universe, including humanity, which is required to choose one of the two paths to follow. Evil, and the Spirit of Evil, will be completely destroyed at the end of time. Dualism will come to an end and Goodness will be all in all. Men are free to choose the path of either spirit. The path of good or righteousness ("Asha") will lead to happiness ("Ushta"), whereas the path of evil will lead to unhappiness, enmity, and war. Therefore, it's strongly encouraged that one chooses Asha. This philosophy is symbolized in one of the religion's main mottos: "Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds."

With the duality of good and evil comes the concepts of Heaven, Hell and the Final Day. After death, a person's soul crosses a bridge ("Chinvato Peretu") on which its good deeds are weighed against its bad deeds. The soul reaches heaven or falls to hell based on the outcome." endquote

xyz
Ander Vørschört user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 684 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 05, 15:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Do you listen to Bohemian Rhapsody? There's an appropriate lyric in there....

"NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!"

Come on guys, be serious - he was too damned ill in May 1991 to be Headlonging. In TATDOOL, he's standing there in one spot looking very frail - a lesion on one of his feet prevented him from leaping around and doing cartwheels and whatnot.
With that kind of bloody thing going on inside his body, killing him - do you REALLY think that he'd be doing Headlong-style workouts all over the studio?

Thought not!

He wasn't really "Headlonging" in those shots. He pretended to, rocking his upper half back and forth. Notice that you don't see his whole body in those shots, rather than the stuff he does in the blue shirt. Also, he looks sicker in the yellow sweater shots and notice the difference in his beard.

That time will come, one day you'll see, when we can all be friends.
GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 05, 16:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

may i interject with possibly my first useful post on this message board...

but i read somewhere, possibly Sebastian's site, that on May 20th (incidentally my birthday) was the last day Freddie laid any vocals down (or atleast was the day he put down his final vocals for Mother Love - which I am led to believe was the last vocal recordings of him). Now, this would indicate that in these final months he was in the studio in Switzerland doing his final vocal bits and bobs, rather than filming videos and having photos taken. which would suggest that the final pictures of Queen would have been veyr early 1991, around I'm Going Slightly Mad/These Are The Days Of Our Lives.

Posted: 17 Mar 05, 16:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

may i interject with possibly my first useful post on this message board...

but i read somewhere, possibly Sebastian's site, that on May 20th (incidentally my birthday) was the last day Freddie laid any vocals down (or atleast was the day he put down his final vocals for Mother Love - which I am led to believe was the last vocal recordings of him). Now, this would indicate that in these final months he was in the studio in Switzerland doing his final vocal bits and bobs, rather than filming videos and having photos taken. which would suggest that the final pictures of Queen would have been very early 1991, around I'm Going Slightly Mad/These Are The Days Of Our Lives.

Posted: 17 Mar 05, 16:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sorry, double post above, but...

I've just done a tiny bit of research in regards to when the singles were released (Slightly Mad March 91, Headlong May 91, Days Of Our Lives November 91). I feel that the videos were obviously shot at different times with regards to their repsective release dates. To me, I think that the Headlong video was shot before either Slightly Mad or Days Of Our Lives. And given the fact that Brian was away promoting the Innuendo album in the USA very early 1991 which is the reason he wasnt in the Days Of Our Lives video with the rest of the band and added later. Which indicates that perhaps the videos were filmed way before the release date. Perhaps with Freddie's health in mind.

jasen101 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 05, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie's last vocal was done in October of '91...not May.

Freddie: "Yes, we'll have a great big cock fly over the crowd!"

Roadies: "Yeah! Great Idea!"

Freddie: "And it will fly into a great big mouth with a moustache!"

flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 05, 18:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jasen101 wrote:

Freddie's last vocal was done in October of '91...not May.

yea thats true!!!

oo la la
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 00:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I once heard that Queen had a photo shoot the week after TATDOOL was filmed, and they apparently weren't happy with the results for obvious reasons. But that's just a rumour; dunno if it's true or not

Shane Jazz user not visiting Queenzone.com
Shane Jazz
Bohemian: 687 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 00:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What about that photo of the band with the other three standing, and Freddie sitting in the chair? I think it was on the cover of Q magazine in the early 90's, and also on the back inside cover of the Official Queen Biography that came with membership in the Fan Club.....Freddie looked worse for wear in that photo. And what about the famous blue photo from the Innuendo album sleeve? Freddie looks a tad bit better in that one, so I imagine that was shot in 1990....

Man Made Paradise
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 00:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I remember someone quoting Dave Richards as saying it was October 1991 that he sung last. Who knows.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 04:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

not to doubt anyone at all, but I'll check Sebastian's site (if that WAS where i read it). But I know I definitely read somewhere that Freddie last vocals for Mother Love at least were put down on 20th May 1991. and as I'm lead to believe, this was the last song he 'recorded' as such (whereas A Winter's Tale was the last song he wrote).

brian_may_wannabe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 11:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The last picture taken together was probably around the recording the video of These Are The Days of our Lives.

daniel.hughes

made_in_heaven (thats_what_they_day)
Peta user not visiting Queenzone.com
Peta
Bohemian: 319 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 17:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think in may 1991 when Queen filmed the video These are the days of our lives. These photos are on the Greatest hits II. cover.

04.10.08 - Hannover, 05.10.08 - Hamburg, 28.10.08 Budapest, 31.10.08 Prague, 1.11.08 Wien