Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Last Freddie's videotaped interview?

forum rss feed
Author

Freddie F user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 53 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Mar 05, 07:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In the "Queen rocks" VHS, you can see 3 or 4 seconds of a tired, bearded Freddie, sitting in front of a mixing desk, telling a few words to the DoRo's camera. I think it has been recorded during a band photo shoot, circa May 91, or even later. I wonder if it's not Freddie's last ever videotaped interview and if there is not more of it "in the can". We all know that "These Are The Days Of Our Lives" is the last video ever: Roger and John had been interviewed during the shooting, but Freddie?

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 05 Mar 05, 08:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I suspect he cut down his interviews because he didn't have the energy or the time to fart around. Making a video, a filmclip, or even just shooting an interview can be a very long process - and I don't really think he had all the time in the world to give to that kind of caper.
Very professionally he still put in a lot of time to this sort of stuff - with his health the way it was he could've just stopped all interviews, filmclips and public appearances a lot earlier, but he didn't. At least not till 1990ish.

That interview sounds like it'd be during the Headlong shoot? I don't have whatever interview you're talking about, but in this Queen documentary I have there's bits of 'Headlong' video that aren't in the filmclip, so it's probably the same.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 05 Mar 05, 08:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, it wasn't during during the Headlong video recording. Freddie doesn't have the wig and has no make-up. I think it was during a photo shooting, because I had a picture of this session (he wears a red shirt).

bobo the chimp

Posted: 05 Mar 05, 10:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmmm, interesting.

Maybe you should post a still so people know what yer talking about?

And... what wig?

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
bobo the chimp

Posted: 05 Mar 05, 10:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And also, keep in mind if it's May 91 he'd be VERY ill looking, for that is when they shot the These are the Days of our lives video.
Maybe it's earlier, like from the time of The Miracle?

Posted: 05 Mar 05, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doesn't he wear a wig for I'm Going Slightly Mad? It doesn't look like natural hair... Maybe I'm wrong...

Posted: 05 Mar 05, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I... didn't know about this. I'm so sorry, I don't know what to think... It's not the interview I was talking about, but I thank you for the information. Freddie was incredibly courageous to tell this in such a situation - he could hardly stand, let alone walk... I don't know, I really don't know, I'm just... horribly sorry... I didn't know.
P.S. I don't have the mentioned picture anymore, but I think I can find it in another site's gallery.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 05 Mar 05, 11:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

taylorgaga, that sounds iffy. I'm pretty sure nothin' like that ever happened. But I love to be proven wrong.

And FreddieF, when I said 'wig?' I was actually talking about Headlong. Of course it was a wig in Slightly Mad :P

Vdo28 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 59 posts

Posted: 05 Mar 05, 12:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If taylorgaga is right (what I seriously doubt) then that does mean there's a heavy interview lying around, that of "These are the days of our lives".

It seems interesting to know what Freddie told during that interviews, maybe his view at life, or his thoughts about Queen after his passing.

But maybe that's to far fetched...

Always look at the bright side of life....

Posted: 05 Mar 05, 12:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Isn't there a interview at the headlong video in which Freddie says:"Hi my name is Kim Basinger"?

bobo the chimp

Posted: 05 Mar 05, 12:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dunno, I don't want to call 'liar' on anyone but it doesn't sound right to me. I have a feeling that it'd be common knowledge if it actually existed.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 05 Mar 05, 12:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I mean - he kept his illness such a closely guarded secret. If he'd blabbed on camera, people present on the set would've blabbed in turn to friends and family... it's just how it goes.

Posted: 05 Mar 05, 12:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You are right Zebonka.
That's why its hard to believe.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 05 Mar 05, 12:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think I'll put it slightly below the Roger Taylor sex vid as far as believability goes. I believe it if I see it - but I don't want to see, because I prefer to remember Queen in a different light than crying and extremely ill or naked.

Posted: 05 Mar 05, 12:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If it's a fake, shame on taylorgaga. You just can't kid on such a subject!

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 05 Mar 05, 12:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

I dunno, I don't want to call 'liar' on anyone but it doesn't sound right to me.

I'm not afraid. Taylorgaga is a liar.

No such video exists.

DJ's the man we love the most
flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts

Posted: 05 Mar 05, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lol... theres no sutch vid!!!!
but! my little beautys!! freddie did do one last interview and thats deffo 100%!! it was in montreaux mid 91 or possibly later and it was david richards who done the interview (non video) and he was really ill, i cant remember davids comments but its in one of my bio's and its his words, but i dont know what the interview was about, but it wasn't anything to do with his illness!!!
2nd; there is a or was a sex tape of roger and his partner b/c the thief tried to sell it to the sun newspaper, so.....girls drool over that!!! lolll

oo la la
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 05 Mar 05, 13:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How convenient you deleted it. I would've thought with a rare video such as that, the person in possession of it would cherish it no matter what.

-fatty- 2850 user not visiting Queenzone.com
-fatty- 2850
Deity: 2029 posts

Posted: 05 Mar 05, 14:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's not lying as I have seen the video as well. It is not however the last interview Freddie gave.
I used to have a tape which was recorded at Garden Lodge about a week before Freddie died. It's over two hours long and in it Freddie explains the meaning behind Bohemian Rhapsody, the truth about the cocaine carrying dwarves at the Jazz launch party, the name of the member of the Royal Family who gave him AIDS and the exact location of the secret stash of previously unreleased material including a duet with John Lennon.
Unfortunately I taped Casualty over it. The I accidently spilled sulphuric acid over that tape.
Oh yes, and then it was hit by a meteorite.

fatty.

Lady Cool Cat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 421 posts

Posted: 05 Mar 05, 16:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If it was the last video of Freddie...I wouldn't like to see it...It would be too sad...

Friends Will Be Friends; Life without friends is like Rock n' Roll without Queen.