Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queen Freddie's Backing Band

forum rss feed
Author

Queen& user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 562 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Mar 05, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In Work Today I was Talking to some one bout the queen & paul rodgers tour he thinks freddie was queen i dont agree dont think freddie would have been as half as succesful without bri roger john what u think

Paddy Can You Hear Me Now

Phoenix Nights Series 1
supernova190188 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 232 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 05, 14:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think Freddie would have been reasonably successful solo, as he did actually show shifting millions of records in his solo career, but this was partly due to him being in Queen in the first place.

We love you Freddie, R.I.P
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 05, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It`s utterly impossible to know. Perhaps Fred would travel to the US looking for his big break and end up being the singer of Aerosmith, leaving Steven without job and forcing him to move to London, then Steven would be singing in Queen and everybody here would say "Steven is way better singer than that Fred bloke from Aerosmith". Just one of the billions of possibilities.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Little_Queenie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 558 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 05, 12:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course not. Just listen to some songs on Freddie's solo albums, and compare them with those on Queen albums, where John, Bri and Rog are playing. Waaaaay better.

Give me a good guitar, and you can say that my hair's a disgrace, oh, just find me an open car - I'll make the speed of light out of this place...
flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 05, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

It`s utterly impossible to know. Perhaps Fred would travel to the US looking for his big break and end up being the singer of Aerosmith, leaving Steven without job and forcing him to move to London, then Steven would be singing in Queen and everybody here would say "Steven is way better singer than that Fred bloke from Aerosmith". Just one of the billions of possibilities.

i believe freddie really disliked tyler from aerosmith,, its a good story about it if nobodys read it,
p.s i know this is off topic, but i had to share sorry:)

oo la la
KittyCat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 104 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 05, 13:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

flash00. wrote:

i believe freddie really disliked tyler from aerosmith,, its a good story about it if nobodys read it,
p.s i know this is off topic, but i had to share sorry:)

so share the story ... I didnt hear about it :o)...

"You don´t wanna hear it? If you don´t wanna hear it, fuckin´ go home!"

Freddie Mercury
ANAGRAMER user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 675 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 05, 15:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

matthew poulter wrote:

In Work Today I was Talking to some one bout the queen & paul rodgers tour he thinks freddie was queen i dont agree dont think freddie would have been as half as succesful without bri roger john what u think

Your work mate was right - especially live
The tour isn't Queen - those days are over - stop kidding ourselves

Hitman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2217 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 05, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

THe world would not be the same without Liv Tyler

Anything too stupid to be said... is sung.
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 05, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Little_Queenie wrote:

Of course not. Just listen to some songs on Freddie's solo albums, and compare them with those on Queen albums, where John, Bri and Rog are playing. Waaaaay better.

That`s an unfair comparison. Fred wrote Mr Bad Guy when he was in his more pop oriented era. If he had had a solo album in 1974 it had been hard-rock + progressive. The question is: how could he get musicians for that? Jeff Beck & co would be expensive to hire, and if he wasn`t famous yet, then he didn`t have enough money, therefore he couldn`t. That`s why he had the benefit of Brian, Roger and John.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
ryancoke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 202 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 05, 23:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

......I never thought of it that way before, man!

Give us the right key, f#@! sakes...