Forums > Queen - General Discussion > what meaning does this have?

forum rss feed
Author

Ezto user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Mar 05, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

if you own or have seen the wembley concert on dvd you can see that on "A kind of magic" they inflate huge Queen dolls and one starts floating towards the sky while the others stay in he stadium. The one that floats is Mercury's. Can thsi have any meaning? I mean did they try to tell us something about him with that plus the song? or just coincidence?



Esteban
wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Mar 05, 18:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

didnt John's or brian's land in some one else yard a few miles away?



MY GOD spell it write.
Mean Mistreater user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 482 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Mar 05, 19:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That would be awesome to have one of those balloons deflate on your roof or something.

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Mar 05, 19:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yea, pretty sure they list it some where, poor guy had to call help to get it out of his yard


MY GOD spell it write.
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Mar 05, 20:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstüssyb wrote:

didnt John's or brian's land in some one else yard a few miles away?


There must be a meaning behind that! Conspiracy theorists of the world unite!

LowSammy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 61 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Mar 05, 20:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it was John's, signifying that he would no longer be in the band 20 years later.

bassist08 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 332 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Mar 05, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=orange>Joe Satriani</bold> wrote:

Mean Mistreater wrote:

That would be awesome to have one of those balloons deflate on your roof or something.


Yeah. I'd keep it!


And build a shrine around it, and burn incense while chanting Queen in front of it day and night.

*cough* sorry. I felt the urge for some random-ness.

But seriously that would be soooo friggin cool. I wonder what ever happened to the balloons any way.
And I thought that it was John's that floated away wasn't it? If you keep watching during the concert, though, every now and then John'll look up at it and stare at it floating away.



"The most important thing, darling, is to live a fabulous life. As long as it's fabulous, I don't care how long it is." -FM



Zander05 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Zander05
Bohemian: 860 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 05, 21:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That inflated Freddie turned up in a woman's garden the next day (According to Greg Brooks' book). I find that amusing. :-)

Zander05 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Zander05
Bohemian: 860 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 05, 21:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It also is a sign of the apocolypse...

*3*Playful as a pussycat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 590 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 05, 16:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bassist08 wrote:

<font color=orange>Joe Satriani</bold> wrote:

Mean Mistreater wrote:

That would be awesome to have one of those balloons deflate on your roof or something.


Yeah. I'd keep it!


And build a shrine around it, and burn incense while chanting Queen in front of it day and night.

*cough* sorry. I felt the urge for some random-ness.

But seriously that would be soooo friggin cool. I wonder what ever happened to the balloons any way.
And I thought that it was John's that floated away wasn't it? If you keep watching during the concert, though, every now and then John'll look up at it and stare at it floating away.


amen to that...


Freddie Mercury is my sexi moon lobster



"Mis francais est la meme que before. C'est un peu crap"-Brian May

"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear!" -Freddie Mercury
Ander Vørschört user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 684 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 05, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Playful as a pussycat wrote:

bassist08 wrote:

<font color=orange>Joe Satriani</bold> wrote:

Mean Mistreater wrote:

That would be awesome to have one of those balloons deflate on your roof or something.


Yeah. I'd keep it!


And build a shrine around it, and burn incense while chanting Queen in front of it day and night.

*cough* sorry. I felt the urge for some random-ness.

But seriously that would be soooo friggin cool. I wonder what ever happened to the balloons any way.
And I thought that it was John's that floated away wasn't it? If you keep watching during the concert, though, every now and then John'll look up at it and stare at it floating away.


amen to that...


Any one have it, cos i want it, and i'll kill someone, i mean get mad at someone if i can't have one! ;-)


That time will come, one day you'll see, when we can all be friends.
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 00:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I heard John Deacon's balloon floated into someone's yard, drunk some tea and watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest while wearing an insanely boring beige sweater.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
dave2005 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 144 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 02:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually, John's balloon flew over the cuckoo's nest, according to the Cuckoo. :)


That time will come, 1 day youll see, when we can all be friends
bassist08 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 332 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Mar 05, 21:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

I heard John Deacon's balloon floated into someone's yard, drunk some tea and watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest while wearing an insanely boring beige sweater.


OH MY GOD!!! That's friggin hilarious!!! LOL!!!
"insanely boring beige sweater." Priceless.


"The most important thing, darling, is to live a fabulous life. As long as it's fabulous, I don't care how long it is." -FM