Author

mr mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
mr mercury
Deity: 4631 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Mar 05, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color = "crimson">ThomasQuinn wrote:

It's really complex, but you have to cut off all frequencies other than those of the voice using something like an equalizer. It will never be perfect, but if you are going to dub it onto music, it should work fine like that.

Mind you, it's a shitload of work!

So why not give us some pointers then.....

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 00:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know what I wish?
As a guitar player, I wish Queen would release karaoke CD's - but instead of the voices being gone, I wish they'd rip out all the guitar so I could play along. I mean, I can play all that crap, but there's no point if it's already there!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
mystic_rhythms user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 24 Mar 05, 12:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well, I do know of a program that allows you to mix the sound, masking (or even eliminating) vocals of certain songs.

I believe it's called DART Karaoke Author. It allows you to edit the sound and get rid of the vocals. Does not work with all songs though.

If all else fails, there's a website or two that have the songs that are already made without vocals. The karaoke mixes, I believe.

We can only grow the way the wind blows

On a bare and weathered shore

We can only bow to the here and now

In our elemental war

- Rush, "The Way The Wind Blows"
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 05, 09:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When you have the original version, and a karaoke version you can extract the karaoke version from the original version. And all thats left is the lead vocal

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)