Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Life Is Real

forum rss feed
Author

TheProphet user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 05, 14:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like that song.. Maybe the best one of Hot Space. It sounds more like the usual queen on the previous albums. Maybe it would have been a great single!

?
Farlander user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 662 posts

Posted: 13 Mar 05, 15:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's a brilliant song. One of the best on Hot Space. It really shows Freddie's songwriting talent, as it is very obviously Lennon-esque in both words and music, but it still is very much a Queen song. Very difficult to do that.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 13 Mar 05, 16:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...And I like the Peter Freestone's story about how Freddie wrote lyrics for this song and what words he used! ;-)

kerfuffle87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 419 posts

Posted: 13 Mar 05, 17:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=orange>Mr Brittas</bold> wrote:

Life Is Real is one of my favorite Hot Space tracks. It's just great.

im liking it to, this songs def one of my faves from this album, with Under Pressure way ahead though. your profile name anything to do with Brittas Empire?just a wondrin' :-D xxx

"Minds are like parachutes, they only function when they are open" - Sir James Dewar
dave2005 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 144 posts

Posted: 13 Mar 05, 18:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's a great song ! One of the best on Hot Space, and a great Queen song in general. It really shows Freddie's songwriting talent - he was so versatile. It definitely has the Lennon sound - which is cool, as Freddie could write songs in any style ( cf. CLTCL - Elvis sound, etc.). It is a great song indeed - i love it !

The lyrics are Lennon-esque as well, Freddie wrote it for Lennon, and at the same time, I feel some of the lyrics refer to Freddie himself. Especially this part, which is also my favorite - Success is my breathing space ... Loneliness is my hiding place ... Music is my mistress ...

That time will come, 1 day youll see, when we can all be friends
kerfuffle87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 419 posts

Posted: 14 Mar 05, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i lurve Brittas Empire!!! its sometimes on a random cable channel apparently, but i dont have cable :( , bring back the good old days, thats what i say...

"Minds are like parachutes, they only function when they are open" - Sir James Dewar
sexmachine user not visiting Queenzone.com
ready to reload
sexmachine
Bohemian: 466 posts

Posted: 14 Mar 05, 18:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry Funster wrote:

...And I like the Peter Freestone's story about how Freddie wrote lyrics for this song and what words he used! ;-)

hey,what is his story or where can i find it.i especially like the two known live-versions of this song.

Picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.
maxpower user not visiting Queenzone.com
maxpower
Bohemian: 477 posts

Posted: 14 Mar 05, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what was peter freestone's story?

anyway in ref to the song.... a nice tribute to john, cant think of too many lennon songs it sounds like maybe "watching the wheels" a similar tempo based piano ballad

and nicely followed up by put out the fire (loadza guns references) john being shot etc.. & i remember brian saying they didnt put songs in any old order on their albums

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 05, 09:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Story is in the Peter's book - Freddie wrote lyrics (lyrics were written before music in this case) in the air plane and used some explicit lines like: "C**t stains on my pillow" and then Peter said that Freddie should change it if he wants it to be released.

Well, you'd better buy the book - I've read it on Russian, so some things could be lost cause of translation.

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 05, 23:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love Life Is Real. It definitely more than made up for Body Language!

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.