Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Which type of Queen fan are you?

forum rss feed
Author

LadyMoonshineDown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 894 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 05, 01:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

***Note: If you see these (*) before my posts, then understand that it is just dripping with sarcasm.***

Have you ever noticed that if you observe something as silly as these forums for a bit, you start to see that there is more than one type of Queen fan? Well, I've taken an objective analysis and catagorized all Queen fans into their rightful place. Try and see if you fit into any of them...... ;)

1. The radio play 'fan'-
You know, the people who say "oh yea, that one group with that one song that's all WEEEEE ARRREEEE THEEEE CHAAAAAMPPPIOOOOONNNNSSS." But ask them the name of the singer and they'll scratch their head longer than a fat man scratches his balls during the third inning.
2. The greatest hits aficionado-
We all know who these people are. (In generality of course). These people are the ones that have every type of greatest hits, or just one and play it until it crumbles with the woes of overplay. Also, if you notice, when asked what their favorite Queen song is, they will reply with something such as 'Killer Queen' thinking that not stating WWRY/WATC will make them seem more of a sophisticate of the music itself. Or even better, they recite all their favorites in order of the GHits list. However, they are appreciating Queen, so who can hate them for that? At least they are trying. :)
3. The polite, emerging fan-
I think this is more of stage, but some people never seem to grow out of it. I love these fans because they are just getting into the greatness of Queen, yet they are still learning of more great songs that leave them at the most polite, friendly manner because lord knows getting ridiculed by someone who knows their stuff would suck. Bad. ;)
4. The quoting frenzy fan-
These people know their Queen, but show it through constant quoting of songs. It isn't bad. As a matter of fact, none of these are bad, and I'm not speaking as if I'm so arrogant (but it may come off as that). However, quoting songs by Queen becomes really annoying. Fast. Nevertheless, they know their Queen.
5. Collectors Items snob-
You know who you are. lol.
6. The weird fan-
Anyone who is a Queeble should be stabbed. In the face. Ok, not the face, but these people are insane, and have no life.
7. The chill Queen fan-
They know they know more than anyone else, but they don't flaunt it ridiculously, or bash others for not knowing. These are the best, because discussing Queen with them is wonderful and insightful, yet they don't bash say, a Ghits fan. :)

Which one are you?
Cheers

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 05, 01:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think I'm a chill Queen fan. I would be a collectors item fan (but not a snob, of course!) if I wasn't so broke. ;) I could be a quoting frenzy fan, but then again, I quote every band. I'm equal opportunity when it comes to song quotes!

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 05, 03:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think you missed one out

the - down to earth just loves the music fan

these guys do not cow-tow to every thing that queen did - just because "it's disloyal" to say hot space is shit, these people do not think that four minutes of FM belching into a mic would still be opus dei.

and most importantly, if they disagree with someone on any musical issue they say so - they are honest and do not court peer popularity for the sake of being a sychophant

- and that's what i am proud to be

go deo na h√Čireann
Yogurt user not visiting Queenzone.com
Yogurt
Royalty: 1927 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 05, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would think I'm a chill queen fan.

I don't swim in your toilet, so don't pee in my pool!

Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 05, 08:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would see my self as a "chill" too...

2+2=5
*goodco* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1129 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 05, 08:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Susan and I are each 'Brenskis' (shouldn't that be a category?;-))

and generally 'chills'.....but will let the hammer fall where need be

oops, guess that's another category, too.

Howz abouts a 'bachelors degree, working on a masters, but will never be a PhD' as some of the much more astute fans are?

And we're glad they're around.

joe,wife,dog+

"Discretionary posting is the better part of valor." Falstaff
kerfuffle87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 419 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 05, 10:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

id like to think im a 'chill' category, but maybe a bit weird as well... not through what Queeble is going on about but i do talk bout Queen with my friends too much maybes. there is though like other guys have said, just appreciation of their music, which is the kinda fan i am.

"Minds are like parachutes, they only function when they are open" - Sir James Dewar
Mle2747 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 16 Mar 05, 12:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I sad to admit that I'm somewhat of a Greatest Hits Aficionado. Though I'm somewhere in between that and Polite Emerging Fan. I own other CDs, but I only like the good songs, and those good songs happen to be on the Greatest Hits albums. Sort of confusing but oh well... :D

...Psycho hose beast...

Posted: 17 Mar 05, 19:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

woo.
Funny how the majority of all of you said 'chill.'
Oh lord, how did I know?
Well, I am the type of fan that I didn't catagorize, lol. Wouldn't YOU like to know......
cheers

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
Ander Vørschört user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 684 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 05, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LadyMoonshineDown wrote:

***Note: If you see these (*) before my posts, then understand that it is just dripping with sarcasm.***

Have you ever noticed that if you observe something as silly as these forums for a bit, you start to see that there is more than one type of Queen fan? Well, I've taken an objective analysis and catagorized all Queen fans into their rightful place. Try and see if you fit into any of them...... ;)

1. The radio play 'fan'-
You know, the people who say "oh yea, that one group with that one song that's all WEEEEE ARRREEEE THEEEE CHAAAAAMPPPIOOOOONNNNSSS." But ask them the name of the singer and they'll scratch their head longer than a fat man scratches his balls during the third inning.
We all know who these people are. (In generality of course). These people are the ones that have every type of greatest hits, or just one and play it until it crumbles with the woes of overplay. Also, if you notice, when asked what their favorite Queen song is, they will reply with something such as 'Killer Queen' thinking that not stating WWRY/WATC will make them seem more of a sophisticate of the music itself. Or even better, they recite all their favorites in order of the GHits list. However, they are appreciating Queen, so who can hate them for that? At least they are trying. :)
I think this is more of stage, but some people never seem to grow out of it. I love these fans because they are just getting into the greatness of Queen, yet they are still learning of more great songs that leave them at the most polite, friendly manner because lord knows getting ridiculed by someone who knows their stuff would suck. Bad. ;)
These people know their Queen, but show it through constant quoting of songs. It isn't bad. As a matter of fact, none of these are bad, and I'm not speaking as if I'm so arrogant (but it may come off as that). However, quoting songs by Queen becomes really annoying. Fast. Nevertheless, they know their Queen.
6. The weird fan-
Anyone who is a Queeble should be stabbed. In the face. Ok, not the face, but these people are insane, and have no life.
7. The chill Queen fan-
They know they know more than anyone else, but they don't flaunt it ridiculously, or bash others for not knowing. These are the best, because discussing Queen with them is wonderful and insightful, yet they don't bash say, a Ghits fan. :)

Which one are you?
Cheers

I'm not a Queeble, I'm a Mercurist and I have a life!

That time will come, one day you'll see, when we can all be friends.

Posted: 17 Mar 05, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Forever88 wrote:

LadyMoonshineDown wrote:

1. The radio play 'fan'-
6. The weird fan-
7. The chill Queen fan-

Which one are you?
Cheers

I'm not a Queeble, I'm a Mercurist and I have a life!

Hmm.....
Cheers

DarkQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 630 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 05, 21:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LadyMoonshineDown wrote:

woo.

EXACTLY what I was gonna point out. So which fans are stepfords then?

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 14:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DarkQueen wrote:

LadyMoonshineDown wrote:

woo.

EXACTLY what I was gonna point out. So which fans are stepfords then?

OOOH, MEEEE, MEEEE! I'M A STEPFORD! Ok, as you all know, I'm not.
Or so I think......
Hmm, well, I am what I am, and you are what I say you guys are, because I am god, and only god can make those judgements. Yessss! ;)
Cheers

Lady Cool Cat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 421 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 14:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd say I'm a chill Queen fan
And also, I don't know whicj category it is, but I'm the kind of fan which apreciates everything about Queen, but I wouldn't think that it would be rude to say ``Hot Space is shit´´, because it's just what people think...There are some songs of Queen that I don't like, so what? i'm still a fan! Fans AREN'T obligated to like everything about Queen, etc. !

Friends Will Be Friends; Life without friends is like Rock n' Roll without Queen.

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 15:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lady Cool Cat wrote:

I'd say I'm a chill Queen fan
And also, I don't know whicj category it is, but I'm the kind of fan which apreciates everything about Queen, but I wouldn't think that it would be rude to say ``Hot Space is shit´´, because it's just what people think...There are some songs of Queen that I don't like, so what? i'm still a fan! Fans AREN'T obligated to like everything about Queen, etc. !

Fans don't have to like everything, but we appreciate the effort nonetheless.
Cheers

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

. The chill Queen fan-

I think that's me...oh...and sorry about me going off on Robert Smith...if you all remember I said when I started that topic, that I do in fact..like The Cure..I just didn't like that Bobby thrashed my Queen..oh I better chill...

and I don't have to listen to Queen to do it, I might even listen to...The Cure.... or The Allman Brothers or Christina Aguilera...you all get the point. Or I could go to Chilli's Restaurant...little USA humor there!

xyz
Roy Queen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 221 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 17:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm a mix, between the best catagories... :)

heyheyheyhey, it was the DNA...
Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 205 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 18:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

a bit of 4, 5 and 7

I want to break free from your lies you're so self satisfied I don't need you
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 21:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i'm 7 -.-;

Sonia is 4 xD this is soooooo true

Killed by drones.
Good_Company50 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 176 posts

Posted: 24 Mar 05, 15:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think I am between polite, emerging fan (there always will be people who know much more than me) and the down to earth, just loves the music fan.

We're only living in our dreams in Another World -- Brian May