Forums > Queen - General Discussion > If Freddie was alive...

forum rss feed
Author

Ozzy Queen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 190 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 05, 23:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well i was just wondering if the group would still be touring if Freddie was still alive. My friend seems to think that Freddies voice wouldn't be up to it. Wot do you guys think???

Victoria user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 529 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 05, 23:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like this topic (even if it isn't a new one:D ). I think Freddie would've stayed in the music industry at the least. Maybe a tour. His voice wouldn't be bad. There are others who still sound great well into their years. So why not Freddie? :)

I believe he had capabilities to further his movie soundtrack aspirations. His musical ideas that he used seem like they could develop greatly in favor of such a career. I think he would've been great!

He could've done lots of other things too. You never know. Maybe he could've felt a calling toward bus driving or something. :)

*honk* *honk* - Harpo
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 05, 00:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perhaps we wouldn`t be here... the popularity of the band certainly boosted when he died.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Ander Vørschört user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 684 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 05, 15:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If he were alive, I'd be out chasing for him! ;-)

That time will come, one day you'll see, when we can all be friends.
*3*Playful as a pussycat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 590 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 05, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Forever88 wrote:

lol...can't disagree with that! *sigh* that would be so damn awesome...

Freddie Mercury is my sexi moon lobster

"Mis francais est la meme que before. C'est un peu crap"-Brian May

"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear!" -Freddie Mercury
TheProphet user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If Freddie was still alive queen would have made 3 more albums in the 90:s and one more 21st century... Their music style would change into the pop, just like britney spears. They would only make one tour on the 90s, whitch would be just pure shit whit Freddie just sitting instead of running around in the stage. They would have come up whith maybe 5 big hits, that someone like Max Martin would have written.
In other words, they would be just shit and people would only remember the glory days of the seventies. So its kinda god that they did quit while they still were on the top! RIP Freddie!

?
Lady Cool Cat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 421 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 14:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes...I'd prefer it if he'd died...I feel weird saying this.
Well, I think the whole ``Queen story´´ ended well. The lead singer diyng, and his mates quiting because of their love for Freddie. And, I wouldn't like to see them all be together, and be all old, and still be in the music industry...it would loose all it's ``Queen personality´´. Queen is supposed to be 4 man who have a lot of talent, and are not young, yet not old, and have great personality, and on stage, they're awesome! Now imagine them old, white-haired, running around the stage...

Friends Will Be Friends; Life without friends is like Rock n' Roll without Queen.

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 14:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Forever88 wrote:

Lol, yeah, me too!! I'd follow him to get hos autograph! *starts to cry, when she remembers she can't*

Friends Will Be Friends; Life without friends is like Rock n' Roll without Queen.

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 14:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Forever88 wrote:

Lol, yeah, me too!! I'd follow him to get hos autograph! *starts to cry, when she remembers she can't*

1quen_fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 339 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 16:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah I think it's best he died. Freddie is in a better place anyway.

Fuck them darling, if they just don't get.

- Freddie Mercury
QueenJazz78 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 16 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 05, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I THINK 1QUEN_FAN IS AN ASSHOLE HOW COULD U WANT HIM TO DIE. IF HE WASNT DEAD THEY WOULD BE KICKIN ASS TOURIN WITH HIM RIGHT NOW. NOT SOME DUMBASS PAUL ROGERS WHO CANT SING FOR SHIT! HE WAS THE GREATEST SINGER OF ALL TIME. I WISH HE WERE ALIVE RIGHT NOW AND DOING ALBUMS AND DOING A TOUR. THAT WOULD BE FUCKING AMAZING!!! SO FUCK YOU 1QUEN_FAN!!! FUCK YOU!!

Edgar user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 7 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 05, 21:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hoooooookay.....

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 05, 22:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QueenJazz78 wrote:

I THINK 1QUEN_FAN IS AN ASSHOLE HOW COULD U WANT HIM TO DIE. IF HE WASNT DEAD THEY WOULD BE KICKIN ASS TOURIN WITH HIM RIGHT NOW. NOT SOME DUMBASS PAUL ROGERS WHO CANT SING FOR SHIT! HE WAS THE GREATEST SINGER OF ALL TIME. I WISH HE WERE ALIVE RIGHT NOW AND DOING ALBUMS AND DOING A TOUR. THAT WOULD BE FUCKING AMAZING!!! SO FUCK YOU 1QUEN_FAN!!! FUCK YOU!!

Wow, calm down! (And press the caps lock key while you're at it.) There's no need to curse anybody out just because they don't feel the need to change history.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Harpo_the_taylorette user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 42 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 05, 07:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QueenJazz78 wrote:

IF HE WASNT DEAD THEY WOULD BE KICKIN ASS TOURIN WITH HIM RIGHT NOW. NOT SOME DUMBASS PAUL ROGERS WHO CANT SING FOR SHIT!

I'm betting you've never heard Paul RoDgers sing...he has a very good and incredibly capable voice. Before you go shouting stuff like this you should actually think about your arguement.

"But I'm A Star, Dear Boy"
My Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Melancholy Blues
Royalty: 1039 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 05, 09:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If he were alive, he would make a song for himself to do strip or he would have already made it. :D
In the middle '70s, he used to do kimono strip for the encore as he was singing Big Spender ( which I used for my old user name!) and he said he wanted to make some by himself...

Je vais bien.

Estoy bien.
Leppar user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 236 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 05, 09:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If he were alive he would probably retire gracefully.

Don't call me gigolo, don't call me Casanova

Just call me on the phone and baby come on over!
Scott_Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 704 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 05, 10:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I too think he would have gracefully retired from Rock Music....however, I could see him doing more with opera...

Or putting out an album of great songs of yesteryear, like Rod Stewert's been doing.

You must think, all he knew was music....and Freddie wasn't one to just sit around.

Who knows, maybe Queen would still be touring...its possible...
Hard to believe Freddie would have been 59 this year.

Having a smoking area in a restaurant is like having a pissing section in a swimming pool
Poop Last Panda user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 05, 21:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen would sooooo still be ROCKIN!

1QUEN_FAN is obviously not the #1 QUEEN fan, but he might be the #1 QUEN fan although, whatever the hell that is.

LadyMoonshineDown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 894 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 05, 22:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who knows?
It's not like any of us are right.
Pretty much guesses and opinions really.
Either way, I would have still loved Queen.
Cheers

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
Real_Queen_Lover user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 01:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

in my opinion, because that is all it is, Freddie's voice being one of such a high range, if he was still touring, we'd be seeing different songs performed, ones were he wouldn't have to strain his voice to hit high notes. His voice was at its peak when he died, but 59 is old for someone who can sing higher then alot of women. My guess is, queen would still be around and recording, but we'd see alot less high "Freddie" songs. But you know what, queen ended in their prime, and we should remember Freddie as he was. AWESOME!

Gimmie Some LOVE