Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Hello ......... It's not Queen

forum rss feed
Author

Dickie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 13 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 12:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It really hacks me off to see all this hype about the 'Queen' / Paul Rogers tour.

First of all, let's all get one thing straight, IT IS NOT Queen. Just to remind everyone, Queen were Freddie Mercury (deceased), John Deacon (left), Brian May and Roger Taylor.

John Deacon was quoted as saying, after Freddies death, no one could replace Freddie and ain't that the truth. He had the right idea i.e. "thanks, hope you enjoyed it, but it can't be the same again"

This is a couple of ageing multi-millionaires rockers (think Spinal Tap) with time on their hands trying to recapture former glories and it really pisses me off because I first saw Queen supporting Mott The Hoople, followed them until their last live gig at Knebworth, that's how long I have been a fan of the REAL Queen.

PLEASE, PLEASE Brian and Roger, follow John's example.

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey, we discussed this millions of times, long ago.
Simple: no-one thinks it IS Queen. It simply is not. As you say.
But it is a GREAT band in it's own right and most of us prefer this above Brian and Roger sitting at home doing nothing. A great band, with an awesome singer and our favourite drummer and guitarist. Hey they even play Queen songs! What more do we want?!

As Freddie would say: If you don;t want to hear it, fucking stay home! ;-)

Peace!

Steve P user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 113 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dickie wrote:

It really hacks me off to see all this hype about the 'Queen' / Paul Rogers tour.

First of all, let's all get one thing straight, IT IS NOT Queen. Just to remind everyone, Queen were Freddie Mercury (deceased), John Deacon (left), Brian May and Roger Taylor.

John Deacon was quoted as saying, after Freddies death, no one could replace Freddie and ain't that the truth. He had the right idea i.e. "thanks, hope you enjoyed it, but it can't be the same again"

This is a couple of ageing multi-millionaires rockers (think Spinal Tap) with time on their hands trying to recapture former glories and it really pisses me off because I first saw Queen supporting Mott The Hoople, followed them until their last live gig at Knebworth, that's how long I have been a fan of the REAL Queen.

DICKIE

YOU AND I HAD THE GOOD FORTUNE TO BE BORN AT THE RIGHT TIME TO SEE QUEEN LIVE. LIKE YOU I SAW THEM SUPPORT MOTT AND ABOUT 60 TIMES UP UNTIL KNEBWORTH.

THERE ARE KIDS OUT THERE NOT AS FORTUNATE AS US. SO WHY THE FUCK CAN'T THEY ENJOY THE CLOSEST THING THAT YOU CAN NOW GET TO QUEEN ON TOUR !!!

I FOR ONE AM GRATEFUL TO BRIAN AND ROGER (AND PAUL) FOR DOING WHAT THEY'RE DOING.

Last weekend I did a 21st Birthday Gig and finished with Bo Rhap and WWRY. The kids went NUTS and all joined in.

Let them enjoy the music played by the people who wrote it.

PS I am an ageing Rocker too (But I can make my Burns and AC 30 ring like a bell)

Steve P user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 113 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dickie

A quick question .... have you had your head up your arse ...... or don't you visit here often ....

englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 13:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

im sure ive seen this before.... oh yeah

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=474521

Read that Dickie then fuck off........

long live Queen and Paul Rogers

ryancoke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 202 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 14:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dickie wrote:

Get over yourself, man. What's done is done, they're on tour, deal. Plus, Freddie would want this. You really think he had the mindset "Once I'm gone, let Queen die". John's set in his ways, as sad as it is, but everybody's different. I, for one, can't wait to see Brian and Roger - Roger's a huge role model of mine!

Give us the right key, f#@! sakes...
Rich Tea user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 248 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 15:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yep I've followed Queen since the Mott tour days right through to the Tribute concert! And I am going to see the real QUEEN in a few days time to! I really get hacked off by this its 2005 Freddies gone its not the old days live in the past if you want I for one am moving on and I am grateful that I will be hearing those classic riffs again! Freddies Dead Long Live Queen

Shadow boxing with yourself just seems to get you no where!
jeff payne 1680 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 711 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 15:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh shit it's not Queen another 50 quid down the drain. Who is it then? The rolling stones, status Quo- bands still playing after loosing AT LEAST 3 MEMBERS.

jeffpayne56@msn.com
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 15:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Black Sabbath (Ozzy - Dio)
Deep Purple (Gillan - Hughes)
AC/DC (Scott - Johnsson)
Iron Maiden (d'Ianno - Dickinson)

Just a few examples of legendary bands that at one point changed their singer, which in all cases was a mayor contribution to the sound and vision of the band in question, for another one. Sure, most of those bands sounded a lot different all of the sudden because of that. Just like "Queen" will sound a LOT different. But in all cases mentioned bands turned to something equally good or maybe even superior work. AND played new but also old work live on stage.
Why should Queen be any different??

Sure you've been to a Brian solo gig?
Sure you've been to a Roger solo gig?
Why not go to a gig where you get them BOTH?

sexmachine user not visiting Queenzone.com
ready to reload
sexmachine
Bohemian: 466 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 16:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"the show must go on"freddie mercury 1991

Picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.
kohuept user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 552 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 16:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The tickets say Queen...
Brian and Roger say they're Queen...
The drum kit reads Queen...
The lights will show the name Queen...
John gave them the go-ahead (supposedly)...
Freddie's mom gave them her blessing...
Millions of fans say it's Queen...

What kind of battle are you trying to fight?

You just can't beat the reasonably priced mosquito repellant OFF.
englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 17:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

taylorgaga wrote:

rite, im am a 17 yr old 6th form student, i live in the north of England and my favourite band is Queen, now if you work out the maths i was not around when Queen did their final tour EVER! and i was upset when i knew Freddie was gone and their was probably no chance of Queen ever going bak on tour agen, but when i heard Queen were touring agen, i was thrilled, so do me a favour and FUCK THE BLOODY HELL OFF YOU THICK BASTARD! QUEEN LIVE ON! QUEEN ARE TOURING THIS YEAR! NOW LET THE MILLIONS OF YOUNG AND OLD QUEEN FANS ENJOY WOT IS PROBABLY THEIR FINAL TOUR EVER! OK? NOW ONCE YOU HAVE READ THIS DICKIE! FUCK OFF! SHIT HEAD!

Dam right

JohnC user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 18:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dickie wrote:

It has been talked over and over, but you are right and I don't give a shit for that tour. This ain't Queen, it's Roger Taylor, Brian May & Paul Rodgers. Bottom line.

hcrvelin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 251 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 18:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dickie wrote:

In your dreams man. Meanwhile, our dream will become truth! :)

H
JohnC user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

taylorgaga wrote:

FUCK THE BLOODY HELL OFF YOU THICK BASTARD! QUEEN LIVE ON! QUEEN ARE TOURING THIS YEAR! NOW LET THE MILLIONS OF YOUNG AND OLD QUEEN FANS ENJOY WOT IS PROBABLY THEIR FINAL TOUR EVER! OK? NOW ONCE YOU HAVE READ THIS DICKIE! FUCK OFF! SHIT HEAD!

Hey calm down. If you you want to follow Linda of the...and not respecting people go ahead, but don't coming crying when we tell you to eat shit yourself!

Queen T user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So is that where Linda went? bye bye?

We Are The Champions user not visiting Queenzone.com
We Are The Champions
Bohemian: 879 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 19:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh no..all this shit again!!
Oh dear, some people never learn!!.
To coin a phrase: Opinions are like assholes; everyone's got one!!

We all of us deeply apologise for this god forsaken shit heap of a building...but we will make it rock.

Brian May Wembley Pavilion 11.05.05.
TheDrown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 21:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Again, I'm in my early twenties and this will be a good chance to go see some Queen material played by a genuine source.

Why people argue so much is easy, we all have strong feelings.

This tour is a good idea. It isn't Queen though. If it were, it wouldn't be billed as "Queen + Paul Rodgers", for one thing. (thats for all of you who have said PR is now the new vocalist/member, etc.- no member of a band should have individual billing)

Watched the VH-1 Legends recently and both Bri and Rog are very adament that without Freddie, it wouldnt be Queen- so there you go. I think that they realize this isn't Queen at all, but the music of Queen, brought to a new audience and a new generation hopefully. My own suspicions is that, in the years following Freddie's passing, they realized they really had nothing to do.

Zander05 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Zander05
Bohemian: 860 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 22:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dickie, here's a thought. Just a thought, but bear with me....

SHUT THE HELL UP!

I, for one, could give a shit what you think. And I've finally decided to give up even trying to say that Paul Rodgers isn't going to "replace" anyone because there are a lot of Queen fans who are just so fucking thick that I'm amazed they can string two words together. Whether you like it or not, Queen are going to tour using the Queen name and performing Queen songs with two Queen members. If you don't like it, fucking don't go to the concerts! It's just that easy!

I'll never know why people keep posting the same damn rant about this. Did anyone stop to think that maybe there are some Queen fans that might want to attend the new shows to bring back the rush of Queen shows from 20+ years ago? Or how about people like me who were born too late to even see the band live? Are we not entitled to at least see TWO members on stage???? I will not argue that these shows will stomp Wembley into the ground. They won't. But I still want to see some of the greatest rock artists in history - even though Freddie and John will not be in attendance.

Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 05, 03:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh no it's debate time yet again(groan) we all know it's not queen that's quite obvious the queen that i grew up with but hey times have changed, circumstances have changed no more freddie RIP john deciding to take the george harrison route which is fine with me so we have the other two not just any other two either.

What we have is two fantastic musicians in their own right and a invincible duo of a shit hot legendary rock band who have been absolutely f****n itchin to get back on the live circuit for quite a few years then getting the right person happened by accident,paul rodgers with brian amy chemistry hits off more than once realising that hey this could be reallly f****n good why not take a gamble younger fans who haven't seen them are in for a guaranteed mind blower and i can see topics in the future reading Queen with paul are brilliant etc etc.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.