Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Live Downloads After Concerts!

forum rss feed
Author

[ Wybren™ ] user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 18:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QOL:
"
QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS LIVE TOUR DOWNLOADS
After each show on the forthcoming tourvthe band will be making live tracks available for download exclusively on www.queenonline.com. You can burn these tracks onto a special packaged blank Q+PR CD that is available to buy in the site online store. The idea is that once you have purchased the disc you can then burn the live tracks to it and create your own Queen + Paul Rodgers live album!

All profits after production go to The Mercury Phoenix Trust –‘Fighting Aids Worldwide’.

www.mercuryphoenixtrust.com

Click here for more on the Queen + Paul Rodgers Live Downloads.
"

Good news! I hope they'll make every song from every show available:)

[ Ahoy' Rotterdam, April 26th ]|[ Rhein Energie Stadion Köln, Juli 6th ]|[ Gelredome Arnhem, July 10th ]
We Are The Champions user not visiting Queenzone.com
We Are The Champions
Bohemian: 879 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 05, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've seen this...excellent news. I hope they release every song from every concert as well!!

One thing though, if you don't buy the Queen + PR CD are the songs still available? I've got enough CD's to burn many shows. The maximum amount of time for each CD is around 73 minutes I beleive...not enough for even one gig!! (150 minutes each show....not even 2 is enough unless it's edited).

Think I'll wait until early next week so see if Farncourt set list is available for download before I commit!

We all of us deeply apologise for this god forsaken shit heap of a building...but we will make it rock.

Brian May Wembley Pavilion 11.05.05.

Posted: 19 Mar 05, 05:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We-Are-The-Champions wrote:

I've seen this...excellent news. I hope they release every song from every concert as well!!

One thing though, if you don't buy the Queen + PR CD are the songs still available? I've got enough CD's to burn many shows. The maximum amount of time for each CD is around 73 minutes I beleive...not enough for even one gig!! (150 minutes each show....not even 2 is enough unless it's edited).

Think I'll wait until early next week so see if Farncourt set list is available for download before I commit!

Fancourt won't be available, since all the 'download earnings' go to the Mercury Phoenix Trust, not to 'Mandela' (and that's why they have the 46664 concerts in the first place).

I think you won't have to buy the Q+PR CDRs (€7,50 for an empty CD:S) to download the songs. I hope 7 Digital accepts PayPal, does anyone know?

[ Ahoy' Rotterdam, April 26th ]|[ Rhein Energie Stadion Köln, Juli 6th ]|[ Gelredome Arnhem, July 10th ]
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 05, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When all profits go to MPT we should not criticise the project, right? I think it's useless to get only a few songs from each concert. If I only get selected few songs I rather go for the bootleg. I donate enough money and I don't need some Itune rubbish to do my bit. Not to mention the ridiculously expensive blank CD.

Again a basically good idea is ruined before even starting. Why in all the world is it so hard to release a decent soundboard Audio CD from each concert? Other artists can do it and it would be the only way to make bootlegs redundant. They can still donate their profit if they want.

I do not want any google ads here.

akan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 05, 11:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

When all profits go to MPT we should not criticise the project, right? I think it's useless to get only a few songs from each concert. If I only get selected few songs I rather go for the bootleg. I donate enough money and I don't need some Itune rubbish to do my bit. Not to mention the ridiculously expensive blank CD.

Again a basically good idea is ruined before even starting. Why in all the world is it so hard to release a decent soundboard Audio CD from each concert? Other artists can do it and it would be the only way to make bootlegs redundant. They can still donate their profit if they want.

i agree with you.

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 05, 11:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We need to get ppl to bootleg all the shows, I have a feeling that is gonna be the only way we will ever be able to hear them.

MY GOD spell it write.
agneepath! 11994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1132 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 05, 12:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The scheme sounds half-arsed... which seems typical of Queen Production these days.

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 05, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Compare with...

http://www.surfdog.com/cdstraycats.html

as far as I can tell, every show from last tour...

Hitman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2217 posts

Posted: 24 Mar 05, 14:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Even a famous italian band (elio e le storie tese) releases the whole live concert on cd 10 minutes later the end of the concert for 10Eur each cd, completed with jewel case and booklet (there are three different setlists of concerts)...they can burn 50 cds at once and you get it without caring for bootlegs cos the quality is excellent!!!!!!

so Queen Production....get a life and learn from smaller bands...you can make (and donate) lots of money in this way!

Anything too stupid to be said... is sung.
FairyKing user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 05, 04:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hitman, stavo per dirlo io!

Yep, hitman's right, that was a great great idea

http://queenrodgers.tripod.com

- - -

'sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad I'm even better...

...give me no lip I got enough on my own"
hcrvelin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 251 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 05, 14:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If it is good and I like it I will be the first one to pay. If I don't like it I won't have it at all. That's how it goes in my world.

H
Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 05, 16:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does anyone want to guess how many songs are released before the project is abandoned? :I

I have no intention of buying any downloads from QP, even if they would release complete concerts... Give me a factory pressed soundboard recording with a proper booklet from the concert of my choice, and I'm ready to part with my hard earned money.

Otherwise you can forget it!

Posted: 26 Mar 05, 00:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tero wrote:

Give me a factory pressed soundboard recording with a proper booklet from the concert of my choice, and I'm ready to part with my hard earned money.

Otherwise you can forget it!

Well...maybe we'll forget it..
..and i guess will always be so sadly sorry for this...lol

- - -

Professor Snowy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 13 posts

Posted: 26 Mar 05, 17:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is this a way for Q+PR to make even more money?
Just think - Fans now do their own CD pressing. No more pressing plant charges!!!
Having said that... I've ordered one!

This IS the real life?

Not just a fantasy?

Posted: 27 Mar 05, 00:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Professor Snowy wrote:

Is this a way for Q+PR to make even more money?
Just think - Fans now do their own CD pressing. No more pressing plant charges!!!
Having said that... I've ordered one!

No more comments than this:
Some people can just see the bad side in everything...or they're just blind.

"All profits after production go to The Mercury Phoenix Trust –‘Fighting Aids Worldwide’".

www.mercuryphoenixtrust.com

- - -

Posted: 27 Mar 05, 07:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The songs will be made available (most probably)at http://www.queenpluspaulrodgers.com .

7Digital (the QOL download shop provider) is likely to host this download shop as well. I mailed 7Digital about PayPal. They replied they only accept credit cards, no PayPal:'(

Posted: 29 Mar 05, 04:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QOL:

The first set of downloads will come from the Paris date at the Zenith on Wednesday March 30th. The downloads will be up on QOL approx 48 hours after each show.

Why Paris?!?

Penetration_Guru

Posted: 29 Mar 05, 14:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please please please please please walk in with vid cam held high and use EXACTLY those words when challenged....

agneepath! 11994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1132 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 05, 15:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"cos im sure as hell am takin a video cam and filmin the thing, if they say no, i say fuck u you arse rapin butt monkey! cant stop me!"

- well, with that sort of attitude, he deserves a right royal pounding.

Penetration_Guru

Posted: 29 Mar 05, 16:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"good" is such a tricky word to spell....