Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Mar 05, 18:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't count your chickens before they hatch

hcrvelin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 251 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 05, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't :) Give some time to the guys and show some confidence. Nothing is perfect so tweak your expectations.

H
Mr. Teatime user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 114 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 05, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The band sound great, upon relistening. Paul Rodgers has a great voice, his lyrics were down to nerves and we only heard a butchered edit.

I think we're all really disappointed because the thing was heavily edited... so we're letting out our frustration unfairly on the band. And - I loved Roger Taylor's drumming. He's really got into drumming shape again...

Steve P user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 113 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 05, 18:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No way was it sad, lets give them a bit of time, a lot of support, but most of all the opportunity for us to listen to the WHOLE of their setlist - not just 3 songs and Katie M warbling her way through TMLWKY

Steve P user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 113 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 05, 18:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I heard Freddie make a bigger mess of some of the numbers and he sang some of them for 10 years, PR has had a month

hcrvelin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 251 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 05, 18:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yup. The drum sound was really good. Almost everyone noticed that Rog looks old and tired. Actually, you can see that on some earlier performances too. But his sound was really good. Since they all agreed to be back on tour I would expect that Rog knows he has enough energy for whole tour and thus he agreed.

H
Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 05, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First off, it was their first gig. Yes, he fucked up some words, but that could be nerves. And what's with everyone threatening to go to Brian's soapbox to bitch? Yes, it was disappointing to see only 4 songs. Better than no songs? absolutely! And the same crew moaning about 4 songs would be bitching about seeing 15 and having the surprise of knowing what would be played at the concert they're going to. Can't please everyone.

You know, good times are now.
pirrakitas user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 119 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 05, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Imagine that the only live performance of Bohemian Rhapsody you have listened to is from the Zoom bootleg (Osaka 1976). What you would think of Freddie?
I am sure Brixton will be great!

k-m user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 535 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 05, 18:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WWRY and WATC were the last songs of the show. Don't you think Paul should feel more relaxed by then? Probably he messed up the other songs as well and that's why he was still nervous at the end of the concert. And I hate his bluesy manner too.

Knute user not visiting Queenzone.com
Knute
Bohemian: 807 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 05, 19:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

k-m wrote:

WWRY and WATC were the last songs of the show. Don't you think Paul should feel more relaxed by then? Probably he messed up the other songs as well and that's why he was still nervous at the end of the concert. And I hate his bluesy manner too.

Well if you hate his bluesy manner, than it doesn't matter if he forgets words or not.
If you do not like PR's voice than you will not enjoy any shows period.
If you have a ticket you might as well sell it because it will be a big letdown for you.

Me, I'm a big Free/Bad Co fan as well as a Queen fan.
So I love his bluesy manner.
If I lived in Europe I would buy your ticket.

jericho05 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 677 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 05, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't wait to hear full sets. As I've said before Paul Rodgers is awesome and what I heard did nothing to change that impression.

Shake it Sugaree
Knute user not visiting Queenzone.com
Knute
Bohemian: 807 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 05, 19:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jericho05 wrote:

I can't wait to hear full sets. As I've said before Paul Rodgers is awesome and what I heard did nothing to change that impression.

Hey Jericho, I noticed your Sugaree signature.

I saw something like a hundred Dead shows.
So Paul forgetting lyrics doesn't phase me at all.
I watched Jerry forget lyrics for ten years. LOL

pirrakitas user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 119 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 05, 19:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just listened to We Are The Champions. What is wrong with Paul?????????. He just forgot the line "I've made a few" (of mistakes!). So what?????? Freddie used to do the same with a lot of songs!!!!
Long live Queen!!!!!

PS: Tie Your Mother Down was awesome, and We Will Rock You, who cares about the lyrics?

DrumBrother user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 223 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 05, 21:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't believe all the negativity on these pages, I only had audio for some reason and to be honest it didn't sound as bad as it's been made out to be. Obviously it's been edited, how stupid can people be. Paul IS better than this but the guy has had to learn upwards of 20 Queen songs in a matter of weeks, cut him some slack. People were selling their tour tickets when this thing ended and were going to swamp Brian's website with complaints, call themselves Queen fan?????? Queen fans my arse

Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 05, 22:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

k-m wrote:

Anyone agree's?

No

Blow it out your ass.
Grantcdn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 200 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 05, 00:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is a great comeback...just sad that we got screwed in having only 4 songs...why didn't they at least tell us this before....Since that is their first show together they are going to be fantastic...hear how cool Tie Your Mother Down was....Paul has a fantastic voice and stage presence...he'll get all the lyrics right in time too (Freddie made slip ups as well as does every performer) I'm so happy they are playing live again and Rockin!! This must be so great for them....Does anyone have a source on how to get the rest of the concert??? any friends in South Africa??

TheProphet user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 05, 01:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was a OK performance to be the first. PR just can´t learn 20 new songs on a few weeks, so you can´t really blame him that much. And don´t forget that TYMD was really good!!!!!!!

?
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 05, 01:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought the performance was good, and I can't wait to hear more from them. Tie Your Mother Down sounded great.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

k-m user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 535 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 05, 05:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul had more time to learn - not few weeks, but few months! They were preparing for it for a long time. Brian said it on Capital Gold interview recently.