Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Outrageous newspaper article about Queen published in my country

forum rss feed
Author

Brianmay1975 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brianmay1975
Bohemian: 608 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Mar 05, 12:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, this has been published today in my country, in a musical magazine. I didn't go through the trouble of translating it all, but I'm going to write down the main ideas for you. It's called "Queen, the best band ever? No way!". See what you think:

Freddie sounded like a girl on Queen I. And this didn't get better until the second album, Queen II. Which was waaay better than the first, but had a silly track called Funny How Love Is, which could have been replaced by a b-side, See What A Fool I've Been (even despite it was sung in a very gayish manner). Anyway, they ruined what might have been a nice song, White Queen, not using piano on it. Bohemian Rhapsody is way overrrated, not their best song at all. And they should have released A Night At The Opera and A Day At The Races as a double album. Their 1976 Hyde Park show sounded incredibly false and in 1977 at Earls' Court they weren't top shape. Besides that, Brian's guitar solo was always very embarrassing. Jazz was an interesting album, but it all sounded like a compilation. Live Killers was certainly better than Live Magic, but it was in awful quality and it could have been made from earlier recordings. Why the heck did they use synthesizers on The Game? Flash Gordon was a bad album too. And Hot Space was a shame, crappy disco album. The Works is embarrassing too and they used very bad drums on the Works tour. They lost all their energy in the 80s, Roger's solo project The Cross (which is crap) was way better live than Queen. A Kind Of Magic is crap, Live Magic is even crappier and Live At Wembley 1986 is Crap with capital C. Of course, their solo works and all the DoRo videos are crap also. And everything after 1991 is shit, including Queen Rocks and GH3. Nowadays, Queen are embarking on a tour, betraying Freddie's memory, using a terrible substitute for their lead singer. Besides that, Freddie was gay, Brian is a loser and John is insane, maybe even dead. And Roger seems very sick after all the vodkas he took.

The conclusion: Queen is an overrated band. It never was a great rock band and will never be. No way, mainly because all their songs are either about AIDS (BoRhap), drugs (Another one bites The Dust), Satan (Death On Two Legs) and gay sex (all the rest). Queen were a shame in rock music history.

Hmmm people, what are your opinions on such an article?

I LOVE QUEEN!

"My guitar was my weapon and my shield to hide behind" (Brian May)

miffomojen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 96 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 05, 13:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Somebody must have dropped the journalist when he/she was very young. What an utter idiot.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this with us! It's always interesting to see how ignorant some people are.

dragonzflame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2456 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 05, 16:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's hard to say without being able to read the original, but I'd say they wrote it based on their own opinion with no research at all. I guess people are entitled to their own opinion, especially if it was a column rather than a feature article which have to be more balanced.

When life hands you lemons, add vodka.
newcastle 86! 16483 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 05, 18:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think its a fucking scream! im rollin with laughter here

martinjkstones
Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 05, 07:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie commented in many interviews (especially in the US) during the ADATR tour, that he could see the ANATO & ADATR being packaged as one album. Have you ever tried doing it for yourself? Burn a CD with all the tracks from the two albums on there in your own tracklist - it's amazing (well, it's not, but yuo know what I mean) how similar the material is.

Articls liek this are OK so long as you can remain objective yourself when reading them. For someone to write like this, they are passionate enough to vent their fury - the quwestion is "Why?". The trick is to challenge the writer on the key points he / she raises and look for raesoned answers.

Generally, you never hear back, which means that the journo is a twat that thinks they can write what the like without justification.

Benn
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 05, 09:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another homophobic idiot who is obviously pissed and jealous because this "faggot who died from AIDS" achieved through his lifetime things that he won't be able to do in a million fuckin' years.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
[ Wybren™ ] user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 05, 14:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He talking about destroying the legacy of Freddie and some line further he says Freddie was a fag and everything Queen did was crap, so what's there to destroy according to him?!? What a loser. And BoRhap about AIDS? Were the Queenzone forums one of his (many!!!) sources?

[ Ahoy' Rotterdam, April 26th ]|[ Rhein Energie Stadion Köln, Juli 6th ]|[ Gelredome Arnhem, July 10th ]
Rich Tea user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 248 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 05, 14:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think if a Journo wrote that crap in a magazine he would get sacked on the spot! The grammer sucks (even if translated) and I doubt very much that sort of shit would be published?

Anyway who cares is it really worth getting upset about some sick sado I think not

Shadow boxing with yourself just seems to get you no where!
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 05, 15:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think your full of shit brother, MR. brianmay. this so called article sounds more like the assholes on this site, using the word 'crap' to describe albums they don't like. the only one who said those things were you, yes yourself. no one else would say the word crap or utter garbege, only the young kids who know nothing about the band would say that. look in the mirror.

goinback user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 997 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 03:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe he's just being sarcastic...he seems to know way too much about Queen to actually dislike them lol Maybe he's just making fun of people who actually think Bo Rhap is about AIDS, etc.

"I have no time for Time magazine. Or Rolling Stone." Jethro Tull
merc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 27 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 03:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice artilce. The writer is entitled to their opinion. Seriously though, trying not to be biassed, it's hard to think of one person who doesn't like at least one Queen song, even if they'd never buy an album by Queen, or even look at a photo of Freddie. I've never heard anyone say bo rhap is over rated. Also, saying that 'Freddie is gay' as an insult to the band... is this guy in grade 3?!! who gives a shit. And using three examples to generalise over all of their songs, what a wanker. John is...'maybe even dead.??!!!
Sounds like the author wanted a bit of attention... Either that or BryanMay1975 needs some serious translation lessons.

goinback user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 997 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 03:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lol yeah maybe it was all lost in translation? :)

"I have no time for Time magazine. Or Rolling Stone." Jethro Tull
Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 07:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brianmay1975 wrote:

Well, this has been published today in my country, in a musical magazine. I didn't go through the trouble of translating it all, but I'm going to write down the main ideas for you. It's called "Queen, the best band ever? No way!". See what you think:

Freddie sounded like a girl on Queen I. And this didn't get better until the second album, Queen II. Which was waaay better than the first, but had a silly track called Funny How Love Is, which could have been replaced by a b-side, See What A Fool I've Been (even despite it was sung in a very gayish manner). Anyway, they ruined what might have been a nice song, White Queen, not using piano on it. Bohemian Rhapsody is way overrrated, not their best song at all. And they should have released A Night At The Opera and A Day At The Races as a double album. Their 1976 Hyde Park show sounded incredibly false and in 1977 at Earls' Court they weren't top shape. Besides that, Brian's guitar solo was always very embarrassing. Jazz was an interesting album, but it all sounded like a compilation. Live Killers was certainly better than Live Magic, but it was in awful quality and it could have been made from earlier recordings. Why the heck did they use synthesizers on The Game? Flash Gordon was a bad album too. And Hot Space was a shame, crappy disco album. The Works is embarrassing too and they used very bad drums on the Works tour. They lost all their energy in the 80s, Roger's solo project The Cross (which is crap) was way better live than Queen. A Kind Of Magic is crap, Live Magic is even crappier and Live At Wembley 1986 is Crap with capital C. Of course, their solo works and all the DoRo videos are crap also. And everything after 1991 is shit, including Queen Rocks and GH3. Nowadays, Queen are embarking on a tour, betraying Freddie's memory, using a terrible substitute for their lead singer. Besides that, Freddie was gay, Brian is a loser and John is insane, maybe even dead. And Roger seems very sick after all the vodkas he took.

The conclusion: Queen is an overrated band. It never was a great rock band and will never be. No way, mainly because all their songs are either about AIDS (BoRhap), drugs (Another one bites The Dust), Satan (Death On Two Legs) and gay sex (all the rest). Queen were a shame in rock music history.

Hmmm people, what are your opinions on such an article?

in what magazine was it published? do you have the version in Romanian?

2+2=5
3137prof user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 116 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 07:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After all that ranting I'm surpried that he called Hot Space a Shame, crappy disco album.

Also from somebody who hates Queen so much how come they seemed to have listened to all of their music as well as all the solo stuff.

chiflaco user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 15:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow!!...They must have some low standards in journalism in your "country".

lyricalassasin77 user not visiting Queenzone.com
lyricalassasin77
Bohemian: 435 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with the generalized opinion of alot of these responders to your post........This sorry sack of shit (if he even exists, but then again I'm taking your word for it) is just trying to stir a pot of shit and seems to be very blind on alot of aspects of the band......Come on now...."Freddie was a fag" what kind of tireless done over diss is that?? and I agree referring to so many albums and tours as Crap is pretty unprofessional even for a journalist in my book.......Later

Dislocate your spine if you don't sign.....He say's I'll have you seeing double
Maruga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Maruga
Royalty: 1705 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 23:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I Think and believe this men/women (if i can call in that way) doesn't know about music.
Is just a fucking nazi.
Queen II (in my opinion) is the best Queen album, and i don't really think that "Funny How Love is" is a gay song.

Life Is A Bitch...

Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 05, 07:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This article is a bunch of crap.
Queen was a legecy and Freddie was a legend.

RIP Freddie
We love you.

Jimmy Dean user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 488 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 05, 11:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

obviously a fake post looking for attention... looks like BrianMay1975 got the better of us

Vad user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 63 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 05, 15:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"The Works is embarrassing too and they used very bad drums on the Works tour"
Mmmm the drum thing sounds too Queenzone-ish to me. I don't think any casual listener who hates Queen could be able to notice the difference in drums' sounds on tour.

Besides that, it's simply a list of all Queen albums saying 'this is crap''that is crappier' and 'that was crap too'

And what about bashing Queen II, Bo Rhap, Hyde Park and Earls Court, knowing that those are the most endeared highlights to any Queen fan - specially any Queezone member? and mostly, if he hates Queen, how does he know so much data about the band ('Funny How Love is', DoRo, vanished John, Roger Vodka drinker)?? I hate Britney Spears and I don't give a damn about her personal life or who records her videos.

This was made up specially for the board, I have no doubt about it.