Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > BOY.. I am sure glad I jumped ship when I did...

forum rss feed
Author

Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Mar 05, 20:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Alright, yes... I know I said I was never coming back in here, well screw you... I have something to say and I am saying it!

I just heard the edited concert that "Queen+Paul Rodgers" put on and I KNOW I am not the only one that thought it was pure SHIT!!! I figured I would give these guys a chance to prove to the world that they are TRUE pros... well.. I swear, I sure as hell would have NEVER gone on if I didn't know the lyrics to the BIGGEST hits of Queen.. that proved to me that Paul is a HAS BEEN! so here is my account of what was said after the show..

Paul: Oh man, I can't believe I forgot the lyrics to those.. I hope it wasn't too noticable..

Brian: Oh no Paul, those were so small that I doubt ANYONE noticed.. why don't you go have a lie down and rest for the next show..

Paul: thanks Bri... you really are great

Roger: (after Paul leaves) My GOD.. what a WANKER.. I mean shit.. he screwed up Rock You BAD.. not to mention ALL the other songs.. you REALLY need to get rid of him..

Brian: LISTEN YOU FAT PIECE OF SHIT!!! Paul Rodgers is MY last chance to tour and play my homemade guitar in front of a paying crowd, Maybe you should have listened to John and stayed home as well.. I WILL NOT HAVE YOU RUIN THIS FOR ME! People are paying a LOT of money to listen to ME.. not him, not you, not JOHN.. ME! so if you want to ride this wave of history making music to its end I suggust that you shut your mouth.. Why don't you go to LUNCH.. it seems that's what you're best at NOW isn't it!

OK.. so maybe I made a couple things up.. big deal.. the point is. QUEEN IS DEAD!.. I was one of those that felt that they should tour ONCE more.. I WAS WRONG.. I WILL NOT pay to have some old dude SCREW UP lyrics to songs that KIDS know.. and NOW.. I will bid you all Farewell.. as I know that I have angered what few friends I may have had left in here.. I WILL not change my mind on this. I was NOT kidding about my feelings on this new lineup..

Megamike...

My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 05, 20:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, but you try getting up in front of a packed stadium and sing songs that you aren't familiar with. I bet you wouldn't even make it past Roger's drum riser.

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 05, 20:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Somehow...deep down..though my heart is fighting it, I agree. (had a great laugh too!)

xyz
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 05, 20:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

Yes, but you try getting up in front of a packed stadium and sing songs that you aren't familiar with. I bet you wouldn't even make it past Roger's drum riser.

I hope Paul relaxes after all of this and things do in fact turn out fine.

But my feeling is that this was like when you watch The Olympics. Athletes train their whole lives for a few moments on one day and they KNOW that The Weight of The World and Pressure is on them as the Eyes of the World are on them with unbelievable expectations.

They know that, and they have to prepare mentally and emotionally as well, or they will in fact fall flat on their a**. And yes, unfortunately, some athletes do fail. But some don't. And they are every bit as terrified in their ONE BIG Moment. But they take a deep breath and go for it. That's what separates a pro (and the winners)from well the ones who sadly don't make it at the Olympics.

Well this gig was like the Olympics for Paul Rodgers. Fancourt, Nelson Mandela, The International Press, fans, and media...talk about pressure. I Realize that. The eyes of the world and unbelievable expectations were placed on Queen and Paul in their 1st PUBLIC International Gig together.

And he may have trained, and I respect him for it. believe me. And I wanted him to be great. Not so much for him, but as a reflection of Queen, on their behalf, they are so to speak like an Olympic or athletic team, all in this together. If one failed, it topples the whole team.

But Paul muffed up. Big Time. And I sincerely hope that for the tour, he gets over his case of nervousness and gets it together...for Brian, for Roger, for Queen..the team..of Queen.

xyz

Posted: 21 Mar 05, 20:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Keep in mind we're judging this all on the very first gig they've done with Paul as their singer.

I'm sure Paul isn't a rabid Queen fan, and his mistakes are just due to his uneasiness and perhaps unfamiliarity with the songs. Freddie wasn't perfect, either - he messed up several songs along the way, including some of his own ('It's A Hard Life', 'Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy', etc.). He also sang 'We Will Rock You' fairly inconsistently, too - I think the only time it was sung correctly was on the studio version, and that's it.

Scott_Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 704 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 05, 20:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester-

How can Freddie screw up "We will rock you"???
He's the original lead singer.
I'm sorry, between the Fast Version, and concert ending version I wasn't aware that there was a version that Freddie needed to clear through you before he sang it?

Mega Mike- You didn't piss me off...
I have been saying all along...Queen is over. Queen ended on a cloudy overcast day, towards the end of November 1991.

I seen Rodgers live (at the county fair) in 1997 .. he sucked. Hoarse, and screwing up the words to his own songs.

I saw him again in 2001....this time with a fresh hair weave....still hoarse, still sucked.... but at least his band was good this time.

2005... He's destroying the Queen legacy... still hoarse... still sucks .... now he's making Taylor & May look like a dog watching a card trick, and Deacon look like Aristotle.

R.I.P Queen

Having a smoking area in a restaurant is like having a pissing section in a swimming pool

Posted: 21 Mar 05, 21:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Scott_Mercury wrote:

Lester-

How can Freddie screw up "We will rock you"???
He's the original lead singer.
I'm sorry, between the Fast Version, and concert ending version I wasn't aware that there was a version that Freddie needed to clear through you before he sang it?

Ahh, thank you for taking what I said completely out of context. I'm done arguing.

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 05, 21:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn*

There are always nay-sayers
This board has more of them then any other boards

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)

Posted: 21 Mar 05, 21:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This band has more dedicated fans to the REAL band Queen.

REAL FANS WILL NOT ACCEPT QUEEN WITHOUT FREDDIE OUT FRONT.

Having a smoking area in a restaurant is like having a pissing section in a swimming pool
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 05, 22:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Scott_Mercury wrote:

This band has more dedicated fans to the REAL band Queen.

Wow, great to know that I'm apparently not a 'real' fan. Who are you to decide who's a true fan of the band? Just because I don't have a problem with Brian and Roger touring with someone other than Freddie doesn't automatically mean I should be denounced as a Queen fan. It's up to them to decide what they want to do with the Queen name, and just because you may not like what they're doing doesn't mean the rest of us should be faulted or put down for supporting them!

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Zander05 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Zander05
Bohemian: 860 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 05, 22:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As crappy as it is for him to forget the words to songs, keep in mind that Queen have done the same numerous times. Instead of burning Roger at the stake for fucking up I'm In Love With My Car, a lot of people laughed at the whole thing. Freddie messed up PLENTY of songs. Again, nobody chased him out of town for it. Ozzy Osbourne has been messing up words to his songs at Ozzfest for years, yet people still go.

By the way Mike, that was pretty funny :-D

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 05, 23:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm a real fan, and I accept Brian and Roger and who ever they want as a lead singer, So it's not the same, like I give a flying fuck, of course they looked bad, but IMO (!!) they are better then any new band out, and yea, I'll shell out beer money to see them live. So it's not what it was in 1986, it's a still a good show.

MY GOD spell it write.
LucyCoeCollins user not visiting Queenzone.com
   LucyCoeCollins
Bohemian: 109 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 05, 23:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i hafta agree with mike, Queen died in nov 91' and what brian and roger have done with freddie's catalogue since is a disgrace and i won't be buying anything from the queen catalogue in the near future, both mr.may and mr.taylor should take a hint from mr.deacon!

"YOU CAN BE ANYTHING YOU WANT TO BE

JUST TURN YERSELF INTO ANYTHING YOU THINK THAT YOU COULD EVER BE"

Posted: 21 Mar 05, 23:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Athena...
You are agreeing with what I said...not Mike.

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 01:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmm, I think this has been argued in that past, what is a true fan.

Roger rooted the words up to I'm in Love With My Car, so there you go.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
TheDrown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 01:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am not weighing in on either side. But, from a purely logical, common sense viewpoint, anyone with a clue would have to reply to:

"Yes, but you try getting up in front of a packed stadium and sing songs that you aren't familiar with. I bet you wouldn't even make it past Roger's drum riser."

No disrespect meant- but if you are *going* to get in front of a packed stadium to sing songs, you'd better damn well GET familiar with them. Honestly, if you only had a f**king week to learn them, we'd know what you'd be doing for 18 hours a day for those seven days. This was a completely weak excuse- packed stadium or 4 people, the gig is performing as a vocalist for a band, and any professional's job is to work hard and get it right. One mistake is enough, but several mean you need to work harder. And please, I'm not trying to be a "naysayer" and make it miserable for all the people in love with Paul Rodgers, I'm just pointing out something that is fact regardless of what your preference is.

legends never die! user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 73 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 04:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstüssyb wrote:

I'm a real fan, and I accept Brian and Roger and who ever they want as a lead singer, So it's not the same, like I give a flying fuck, of course they looked bad, but IMO (!!) they are better then any new band out, and yea, I'll shell out beer money to see them live. So it's not what it was in 1986, it's a still a good show.

yes i agree... the real fans are those who support brian and roger, regardless of their looks and sound. fans are there to support the band and the real fans are those going to concerts and showing their support and all that. and all the people who are saying that their shit over here could atleast like say they tried hard of some words of encouragement cos remember

a few words of encouragement after a failure is worth more than an hour of praise

GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 05:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it's just a bunch of stupid people who are stubborn in enough to jump on the complaining band wagon.

they come on here and criticise those who want to support Bri and Rog and say WE arent the real fans?

stop bloody complaining. if it were just Bri and Rog touring as Queen, i bet you wouldn't complain anywehre NEAR as much. but as soon as they add that +Paul Rodgers, you go nuts? its not as if he is REPLACING Fred, or even reforming Queen. hes just singing (albeit forgetfully).

just bloody grow up

GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 06:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you mean it's right for you to say it's wrong, but wrong for us to say it is right.

very fair

Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 07:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen without Freddie is like the Stones without
Mick Jagger.

Ignorance is bliss!