Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > The Tour Dilema

forum rss feed
Author

Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 07:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK - I managed to get my freebie tickets for Brixton and will now be going - it's taken a great deal of thought, but I think I need to give the guys a chance.

Now, I know that there are a lot of people that have bought tickets for MULTIPLE shows on the tour.

Based on the fact that the Fancourt was something of a disasterous embarassment in terms of fan's perception professionalism - fluffed solos / lyrics etc, if the Brixton Academy show proves to be just as shambolic, how many people will actually vote with their feet and decide not to go to the other shows that they have booked tickets for?

Benn
RMT-Nick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 11 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 07:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Benn wrote:

If the Brixton Academy show proves to be just as shambolic, how many people will actually vote with their feet and decide not to go to the other shows that they have booked tickets for?

Brixton will be the first "real" show; I'm booked for that and then Wembley Pavillion. Their will be several shows between these gigs- therefore time to improve and become better-, and so regardless of whether I think Brixton was a bit dodgy (which, frankly, I don't), I'll be in London on May 11th.

Killjoy, Bad Guy
We Are The Champions user not visiting Queenzone.com
We Are The Champions
Bohemian: 879 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Based on the fact that the Fancourt was something of a disasterous embarassment in terms of fan's perception professionalism - fluffed solos / lyrics etc, if the Brixton Academy show proves to be just as shambolic, how many people will actually vote with their feet and decide not to go to the other shows that they have booked tickets for?

I dislike negativity and the reaction of fans to the Farncourt "embarrassment" but on the other hand have to be realistic! If the Brixton Academy show was not up to what I expect and felt let down I for one would definitely sell my tickets for multiple shows on this tour!! Having said that, it's the first show on the tour and surely they will get better as the tour progresses.

It's a test of loyalty I guess. Are you prepared to suffer through what in your eyes is a shit show and give the boys another chance or are you one of those complaining fans with high standards who think the whole idea is a crock of shit!!

If the tour reviews are bad and fans are complaining, I for sure wouldn't like the hassle of getting rid of unwanted tickets!!

We all of us deeply apologise for this god forsaken shit heap of a building...but we will make it rock.

Brian May Wembley Pavilion 11.05.05.
Voice of Reason 2014 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1058 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 08:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let's see how many tickets go up on eBay the day after Brixton!!!

"Build your muscles as your body decays!"
The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 08:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is typical for Benn... Always look on the dark side of life. Fancourt wasn't that bad. They won't dissapoint me.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 09:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mir@cle:

>This is typical for Benn... Always look on the dark side of life.

As stated previously, if there is something to be positive about, I'll be there singing it's praises (see the Deluxe Edition releases thread). If there isn't, I won't be. Perhaps I'm not easily pleased.....

>Fancourt wasn't that bad.

In what way?

>They don't gonna dissapoint me.

So, having said tha Fancourt wasn't "that bad", you're now saying that it is evidence enough for you to categorically state that the band won't disappoint you. What would have to happen for you to be disappointed or are you just going to the show and be extatic whatever the level of professionalism / mistakes made?

Benn
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 09:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have planned my trip for a long time. Even if Brixton disappoints me, I'll attend other gigs anyway - especially since I paid a lot of money for tickets etc.

Unfortunately, I'm too loyal to refuse to go and see a Queen gig. I'm often disappointed by Queen but I can't help myself and I always give them another chance :(

We Are The Champions user not visiting Queenzone.com
We Are The Champions
Bohemian: 879 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 11:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Voice of Reason 2005 wrote:

Let's see how many tickets go up on eBay the day after Brixton!!!

That's great optimism!! Let's hope you're right!

We all of us deeply apologise for this god forsaken shit heap of a building...but we will make it rock.

Brian May Wembley Pavilion 11.05.05.
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Disastrous in Fancourt was Katie Melua, african children choir and crappy version of WATC... But I really liked Tie Your Mother Down. Am I weird...? I thought it was good (Spike's keyboards a bit too high in the mix, IMO), I like the way Rodgers sang it-
-if the gig will be as bad as melua / WATC- I'll be hugely disappointed and will be following reviews from further gigs wandering if I should go to see other 6 gigs in May and july.
-if it's gonna be more like TYMD (I don't mind forgetting lyrics, it's actually funny...)- I'm happy

The Stealer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well here we go judging them on the first real gig and if you are not satisfied-dismissing the rest of the tour? Rubbish. There are good nights and bad nights..often times it takes more than a few gigs to warm up.
As for me-
Flights are booked, hotels are arranged, train passes purchased- tickets for 6 shows in England in hand ...I am fully committed. I am going to have a good time, watch roger drum, brian being 95% focused on playing guitar and listening to a greatrock voice...again open mind. It's a good buzz anyway you look at it--this will be my two week holiday, going on tour with QPR..

kohuept user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 552 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 15:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So people are reluctant to accept a change in 'Queen' as we are used to,
then from those that accept that change, there are some having difficulty accepting the fact that the show itself will change and improve!?

Have so many people never in their life changed their minds/opinions/habits?
Have so many people tried something and succeded on the first attempt?

What in hell do you expect from Q+PR?

You just can't beat the reasonably priced mosquito repellant OFF.
RohemianBapsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 05, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some Queen songs would be nice :)

Keep Good Company
Smoggy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 20 posts

Posted: 24 Mar 05, 05:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm planning on going to the newcastle show in may as a local travel company is offering tickets and travel to the show - if I do end up going the show will be my first concert ever. And, despite the obvious fact that Freddie will not be there I'm still excited about it. I just hope PR can get his shit together as hes a great vocalist.

akan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 541 posts

Posted: 24 Mar 05, 05:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll attend all the gis i can.I serously doubt that they can disappoint you at the shows.
You can say all the bad about them and have all the doubts that you think but i'm sure that when you will be in front of the stage you will gone crazy and think "why did i think so bad before?".
Anyway this is probally the last tour so i think that it wouldn't be good to refuse to see them.
If you sell the tickets for the additional shows that you decided to attend then don't complain of haven't seem them live enough after the tour.

maybe i have written some grammatical mistakes, so let me know if they are there, thanks.

JohnC user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 24 Mar 05, 21:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sure it will be shit, like all the dates of the tour.

Scott_Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 704 posts

Posted: 24 Mar 05, 22:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Scully-

You are often disappointed by Queen?
Please explain.

Which era of Queen?
Why?

You seem like such a devoted fan to be disappointed.

Having a smoking area in a restaurant is like having a pissing section in a swimming pool
akan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 541 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 05, 04:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JohnC wrote:

Sure it will be shit, like all the dates of the tour.

I am happy that you won't join a show because i'm happy that Brian and Roger doesn't have fans so stupid.

FairyKing user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 05, 04:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First of all, i'm not that pessimist.
Then, I don't like everything that queen do just 'cos they're my 'heroes'!

But i have to say that i liked TYMD a lot, i don't mind mixes that much. Have you ever listened to the ORIGINAL recordings of the 'TRIBUTE' or WEMBLEY and others? They're very different...
Well and yes, i loved katie melua! i also loved her songs and i menaged to (er..download) her CD! I am not mad and no fool, this is just my opinion guys.

We'll see mistakes - but they're humans so they know how much ppl is expecting to see them onstage, so they could be a bit nervous though they're huge stars. i don't mind wrong lyrics much.

If you want the perfection, listen to the original ALBUMS, as no live concert is perfect...
even the over-rated wembley, which was manipulated quite a lot to sound better on the cd...'Bowl' is a lot better, but still not perfect.

I am optimist, i know i'll have fun and i'll criticize if i'll see bad things. this doesn't mean i won't enjoy the show but i expect no perfection guys.

Let's have fun - don't go there ready to 'boo' for any mistake you're bound to hear...just enjoy the show or stay at home if you think it won't be enough good. nobody forces you to go there!

http://queenrodgers.tripod.com

- - -

'sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad I'm even better...

...give me no lip I got enough on my own"
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 05, 04:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Scott, just look at recent years - we got WWRY with Five, WWRY musical, Pepsi commercial, a couple of one-off gigs (various Halls Of Fame etc.), the 46664 festivals and that's about it. From that the ONLY thing I appreciated were the two or three gigs for fans (FM Tribute 2001, Walk Of Fame party 2002...)

RohemianBapsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 05, 06:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My tour dilema:

What were the dates I most wanted to go to with a limited budget.

NOT : should I stay or should I go (sounds like a good song title ;)

Keep Good Company