Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Freddie's Obsession w/ Arrows on his Shirts, videos, etc.

forum rss feed
Author

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 18:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wonder why Freddie liked arrows so much on his clothes, at least on the Hot Space Tour, at Milton Keynes., etc.

Also arrow imagery...remember the "sensual" body painted arrow pointing..down..that the band had in the video for "I Want To Break Free".

(Although The Who used an arrow as their main logo too.)

But Freddie & Queen used it for more shall we say...erotic meaning don't you think.

xyz
wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 19:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They wore clothes that were in fashion at the time, the Works era gives a great example.
Guess jeans, addidas shoes, well every one cept brian, he stuck with the pirate age shirts.

MY GOD spell it write.

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What about the arrow imagery though...remember the "sensual" body painted arrow pointing..downwards..that the band had in the video for "I Want To Break Free".

Hmmm...

xyz

Posted: 22 Mar 05, 20:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

maybe a longer lasting fad
hard to to think some one being obsessive about arrows
remember not all the ideas in the videos are his, I read somewhere that 10+ ppl come up with ideas and blah blah for videos

MY GOD spell it write.
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 05, 06:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"What about the arrow imagery though...remember the "sensual" body painted arrow pointing..downwards..that the band had in the video for "I Want To Break Free"."

That was Body Language - why do I even bother to answer. Apparently you try to wind up people with your nonsense posts.

I do not want any google ads here.

Lord Blackadder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1163 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 05, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

arlene wrote:

What about the arrow imagery though...remember the "sensual" body painted arrow pointing..downwards..that the band had in the video for "I Want To Break Free".

Hmmm...

He wore the arrow stuff on Hot Space tour because that was his 'thing' for that tour. Differant things for differant tours. Like the jackets on the Magic Tour, the crown lighting rig on the Crazy/Jazz/Live Killers tour (or whenever it was).

On the cover of Body Language the single it has the arrows painted on 2 bodies. Freddie wearing the arrows connects with that. I think that stuff is clever. Like when the artwork of singles is similar of the album they are off (like Innuendo or The Miracle).

It was a daft question really. In words similar to those of Dr Frank N Furter 'You better wise up Arlene Weiss'.

"I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull"

Posted: 23 Mar 05, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

"What about the arrow imagery though...remember the "sensual" body painted arrow pointing..downwards..that the band had in the video for "I Want To Break Free"."

That was Body Language - why do I even bother to answer. Apparently you try to wind up people with your nonsense posts.

The version of "I Want To Break Free" video that I have seen here in the USA, does have a body painted arrow pointing downward. I Have watched it MANY times!!!!

xyz
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 05, 11:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, I hope we get a deep and introspective post on Brian's obsession with clogs next!

Posted: 23 Mar 05, 11:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I want to break free video does have ppl with arrows painted on them during the solo part, in some ballet like crap dancing and stupid shit like that, I had to actually see it again, I thought the same way Barb did about that, very easy to forget, well not so easy, but this aint something I want to remember.
Now about Brian's clog, go ahead Arlene, start a new topic so we can discuss that

MY GOD spell it write.

Posted: 23 Mar 05, 12:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstüssyb wrote:

I want to break free video does have ppl with arrows painted on them during the solo part, in some ballet like crap dancing and stupid shit like that, I had to actually see it again, I thought the same way Barb did about that, very easy to forget, well not so easy, but this aint something I want to remember.
Now about Brian's clog, go ahead Arlene, start a new topic so we can discuss that

Well thank you! I just watched the video yesterday for IWTBF so I remembered that.

Anyway...at the risk of starting a jaws like feeding frenzy...why don't YOU start the post on Brian's clog...go ahead..right now..and I will answer your topic.

On your marks, get ready..go!

xyz

Posted: 23 Mar 05, 13:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

arlene wrote:

Anyway...at the risk of starting a jaws like feeding frenzy...why don't YOU start the post on Brian's clog...go ahead..right now..and I will answer your topic.

I'm to shy to start my own topic, I like topics the way I like woman, waiting and ready for my imput.

MY GOD spell it write.

Posted: 23 Mar 05, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstüssyb wrote:

arlene wrote:

I'm to shy to start my own topic, I like topics the way I like woman, waiting and ready for my imput.

Well I like being on top and assertive, start things..you get the point eh,...of my men that is...but I also like a man who isn't a p***y and is ready to be a man of action..as Freddie would say, "Action this Day".

Go for it...be a man!!!

xyz
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 05, 15:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is no version of the IWTBF video with body painting, not to mention arrows.

The middle part of the video is an re-enactment of Nijinsky's ballet realisation of Debussy's "Prélude à l'après-midi d'un Faune". The dancers wear ballet suits, there is no body painting. Freddie is, of course, the Faune and he wears a replica of Nijinsky's costume - with no arrows at all.

I do not want any google ads here.

Vad user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 63 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 05, 15:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"as Freddie would say, "Action this Day".

That was Roger.

Victoria user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 529 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 05, 15:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

arlene wrote:

Well I like being on top and assertive, start things..you get the point eh,...of my men that is...but I also like a man who isn't a p***y and is ready to be a man of action..as Freddie would say, "Action this Day".

Go for it...be a man!!!

Eeeeh... too much info.

*honk* *honk* - Harpo
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 23 Mar 05, 16:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it's because Arrows stand symbol for the phallus

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Lord Blackadder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1163 posts

Posted: 24 Mar 05, 11:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't remember any arrows on theose bodies in IWTBF. I remember like cow spots on the ballet dancers costumes though.

"I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull"

Posted: 24 Mar 05, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<B><font color=salmon>Dust Biter</B> wrote:

Vad wrote:

"as Freddie would say, "Action this Day".

That was Roger.

Hahahaha! That actually made me LAUGH...

I meant when Freddie SANG it in the song. Some things I mean as circumstance, not literal. (I know Roger wrote it).

xyz
*goodco* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1129 posts

Posted: 24 Mar 05, 15:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen knew that some of their biggest fans attended Central Michigan University. For about twenty years, the Chippewas football team sported arrows on their helmets, in the style of the old Washington Redskins.

This was the band's tribute to us.

Check liner notes, on the sleeve for the third vinyl of GH III.

joe, wife, and CMU canine+

"Discretionary posting is the better part of valor." Falstaff
My Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Melancholy Blues
Royalty: 1039 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 05, 11:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And so...what do you think about Brian's outfit w/ many arrows on it which he sometimes wore from the middle to late '70s?

Je vais bien.

Estoy bien.