forum rss feed
Author

mrWKMahler user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 192 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 05, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmmm....

Hiya

Rapid Share.de is popular here byfar but why?

I go there, I'm deluded with adverts, have to chose between free and pay downloads and have got to wait for minutes and more before a download starts. Not every Jane and or Joe is going to figure out their layout. I'm not bothering with trying to upload either. They state webhosting yet not a link exists to read about hosting a website. It states, 30,000,000 sized files. Files stay until you delete them or 30 days of inactivity.

With http://www.yousendit.com

1 gigabyte of transfer to multiple email addresses, no adverts, no pay, no wait and privacy is secure as well as they check for viruses. So, all I'd do is send the link to me and whoever else and post the link here at this board or wherever else. It stays on their servers for 7 days. Not a hassle at all. Go to where the link is at yousendit.com, the download starts in 20 seconds via auto select unless you start it first. The file can be deleted by the sender. Also yousendit.com hails from Silicon Valley, California, USA, the mother land of all Windows PC operating software and countless others worldwide.

....................and your vote is?

WKMahler

David Jones user not visiting Queenzone.com
David Jones
Deity: 2469 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 05, 12:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm getting really pissed off with RapidShare as it keeps saying I'm downloading files when I'm not. Then my quota for the hour is used up by downloading files I'm not, so I can't download anymore! I've tried clearing my cookies, but that don't work either...

Any other tips?...

"Freddie would have loved it" - Brian May
paul525715 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 9 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 05, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How to cure the "it says I have downloaded when I havent" problem...

Buy the cheapest premium package. It's about £7. Then you can download up to 8 files at once and it solves the problem.

The reason there's a problem with it when you're on the free system is because some ISPs put a proxy server (or something like that) between you and their site. So infact the IP address that they receive isn't just from your computer. It's from hundreds of computers. Hence it says you've been downloading when you haven't. The premium service isn't done on IP, its done on cookies. Problem solved. For £7 I guess it's worth it.

I had to do that to get it so that I could download files. But there again I'm not surprised I couldn't download anything easily. NTL (my ISP) are crap, have always been crap and always will be crap. But they provide fast downloads and that outweighs the disadvantages.

Paul

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 05, 14:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RapidShare. For the guys with slow connection it's more good than YSI

ficodr user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 68 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 05, 14:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The bad thing about yousendit, is that it allows a limited number of downloads...(i guess very few downloads)for example, days ago, in this forum, someone upload the KAMPUCHEA 1979 concert, but when i tried to download it, an awful message appeared to me "File/Server unavailable"... something like that... (what a great bootleg!!!)

But, every time i want to download something from rapidshare, it's very fast... and i've never had any error message!

... and your opinion is....

bye!

Hola!
« Jay » user not visiting Queenzone.com
« Jay »
Bohemian: 843 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 05, 16:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well at this moment I prefer YouSendIt just because Rapidshare is becoming very frustrating. I mean it just sucks that you have to wait a whole hour just for some louzy 15 MB!

gk1998 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 13 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 05, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

www.uploadhut.com is very good, up to 50mb files.

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 05, 17:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Both are shite, for reasons already stated.

Let's try this uploadhut thingy...

rachael mae. user not visiting Queenzone.com
i am lush
rachael mae.
Royalty: 1489 posts

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 05, 17:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can't get to it.

« Jay » user not visiting Queenzone.com
« Jay »
Bohemian: 843 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 10:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

Both are shite, for reasons already stated.

Let's try this uploadhut thingy...

Mmmmh the terms of usage kinda bug me, they seem really strickt about certain things. I'm gonna give it a shot though, I just hope they don't think I'm uploading official stuff.

rachael mae. user not visiting Queenzone.com
i am lush
rachael mae.
Royalty: 1489 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmm, they do seem strict at Upload hut

wll6568 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 05, 05:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I recently found new file hosting site: Momoshare, yeah very funny name, but it's really good. It doesnt have the 1file/hour limit like Rapidshare.

http://www.momoshare.com

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 05, 09:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rapidshare is good. But - I keep finding myself with files that are 52mb, and so I can't use Rapidshare... NGGGGH!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Suigi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 856 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 05, 21:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I prefer Rapidshare.
That's why I bought a premier membership.
Just-makes-sense.

HE ROCKS US STILL.

Proud Supporter of the Queen Lives Compilation
nana189 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 07, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I had payed for a rapid share account in nov for a month...on jan 5th I payed for another month account and it keeps saying my account has expired on Dec 5th (which is my old account) needless to say I can't use my new rapid share account.. Is there anyway I can get a hold of rapid share to fix this problem.. I try rapid share support but I keep getting an email that is not from a real person
thank you for any help

tgunn2760 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 301 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 07, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

David Jones wrote:

Posted: 4/10/2005 12:45:35 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm getting really pissed off with RapidShare as it keeps saying I'm downloading files when I'm not. Then my quota for the hour is used up by downloading files I'm not, so I can't download anymore! I've tried clearing my cookies, but that don't work either...

Any other tips?...

Disconnect from the internet, and then connect again. You will have a new IP address. Do this every time you want to download a new file.