Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Post Your Brixton Reviews Here!

forum rss feed
Author

PhoenixRising user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 99 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Mar 05, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So... let the world know what you thought of the first Queen show!

"I'm not a heavily spiritual person, but when I'm in the studio, I can hear Fred saying, 'No, c'mon, you can do better than that,' and that lifts me and makes me work better." -Brian May
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 05, 18:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Set list in no order

Bo rap
Im in love with my car
love of my life
Tie your mother down
we will rock you
we are the champions
fat bottemed girls
crazy little thing called love
hammer to fall
radio ga ga
want to break free
kind of magic
i want it all
days of our lives
show must go on
lost horizon
seagull
feel like making love
all right now
cant get enough of your love
1 more paul rogers song i do not know

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
miffomojen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 96 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 05, 18:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for posting!

eggy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3358 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 05, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

for now, i quickly added some pics here:

http://uk.f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/eggyrocks/lst?.dir=/My+Documents&.src=bc&.view=

they quality is heavily reduced as i wanted to get 10 pics done in 5 mins not 1 in 10 and i've not cropped any of them as i'm just knackered.
Barbara will have a lot better pictures when she gets back tomorrow

The gig was great. LOML was awesome, i'll post more tomorrow. Really need sleep before work in 6 hours.

Steve P user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 113 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 05, 19:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the review, setlist, and pics folks. You have made an "Old Rocker" very happy.
Sounds like they certainly "Rocked You" ....

Cheers

hcrvelin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 251 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 05, 19:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks eggy! Wow, Paul really seems to be in a good shape.

H
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 05, 19:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks, eggy.

Just remind not to sit in front of you when you try to take pictures :)

DJ's the man we love the most
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 05, 19:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

eggy wrote:

for now, i quickly added some pics here:

http://uk.f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/eggyrocks/lst?.dir=/My+Documents&.src=bc&.view=

they quality is heavily reduced as i wanted to get 10 pics done in 5 mins not 1 in 10 and i've not cropped any of them as i'm just knackered.
Barbara will have a lot better pictures when she gets back tomorrow

The gig was great. LOML was awesome, i'll post more tomorrow. Really need sleep before work in 6 hours.

Thanks for the Great pics for this fan stranded in the USA!

Check out Paul Rodgers in leather pants!
Brian looks great!
And yes Our man Roger looks Great! (much better than at fancourt) You can see his gorgeous blond hair.

Setlist sounds good! I am SO happy they did LOML..my all time favorite song by Freddie and done in concert! So you say it was awesome! Well that's awesome to hear!!!!

xyz
The Stealer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 05, 19:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the photos and information

Two Sharp Pencils user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 163 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 05, 19:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks, great pics!

Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 05, 19:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was lucky enough to be at Brixton tonight and on the whole it was a great show. Paul Rodgers impressed vocally and he didn't have any trouble remembering the words to the Queen songs.

The show had a bit of a weird beginning - a curtain covered the stage and you could hear bits of Track13 from Made In Heaven playing. Then suddenly after about 10 minutes it stopped and "Lose Yourself" by Emienem started to play?!? Then Paul came out from behind the curtian and gave a bit of improv before Brian started to play Tie Your Mother Down as the curtain opened.

more to follow...

Other Queen songs performed tonight, in no particular order;

I Want To Break Free - Paul didn't need to sing this as the crowd completely took over!

Fat Bottomed Girls - excellent performance by band.

Hammer To Fall (Slow/Fast) - vocal shared by Brian + Paul

Crazy Little Thing Called Love'
'39 - Not officially on the Set list but Brian played the opening few chords and the crowd took over and sang the rest of it.

Love Of My Life - Beautiful rendition of this song, Brian sat on a stool in the centre of the stage..next to him was an empty stool. (Paul Rodgers did not sing this song)

Days Of Our Lives - Great performance by Roger, video screen behind showed clips of Queen in their early years - very poigniant.

I Want It All - Brian on vocals...however this song was crying out for Paul Rodgers on vocals...i can't understand why he didn't do it.

A Kind Of Magic -

Bohemian Rhapsody - Band played along to video screen of Freddie at Wembley 86 for the first verse. For the opera section the band left the stage and the video screen played clips of Freddie and a few of John. Paul Rodgers sang the final part of the song.

Radio Ga Ga - Roger started singing this track to a drum backing track, Paul came out and sang the last verse (Paul should have sang the whole song as it sounded much better with Roger playing real drums on it.)

I'm In Love With My Car - Roger sang the whole song and played drums...the man still has it!

The Show Must Go On
We Will Rock You
We Are The Champions

Brian's guitar playing on Feel Like Makin Love and All Right Now was fantastic, those tracks rocked!
Brian also played a 10 minute solo which included snippets of Keep Yourself Alive, Brighton Rock, Chinese Torture and finished with Last Horizon.

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
All Star user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 201 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 05, 19:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was lucky enough to be at Brixton tonight and on the whole it was a great show. Paul Rodgers impressed vocally and he didn't have any trouble remembering the words to the Queen songs.

The show had a bit of a weird beginning - a curtain covered the stage and you could hear bits of Track13 from Made In Heaven playing. Then suddenly after about 10 minutes it stopped and "Lose Yourself" by Emienem started to play?!? Then Paul came out from behind the curtian and gave a bit of improv before Brian started to play Tie Your Mother Down as the curtain opened.

Other Queen songs performed tonight, in no particular order;

I Want To Break Free - Paul didn't need to sing this as the crowd completely took over!
Fat Bottomed Girls - excellant performance by band.
Hammer To Fall (Slow/Fast) - vocal shared by Brian + Paul
Crazy Little Thing Called Love'
'39 - Not officially on the Set list but Brian played the opening few chords and the crowd took over and sang the rest of it.
Love Of My Life - Beautiful rendition of this song, Brian sat on a stool in the centre of the stage..next to him was an empty stool. (Paul Rodgers did not sing this song)
Days Of Our Lives - Great performance by Roger, video screen behind showed clips of Queen in their early years - very poigniant.
I Want It All - Brian on vocals...however this song was crying out for Paul Rodgers on vocals...i can't understand why he didn't do it.
A Kind Of Magic -
Bohemian Rhapsody - Band played along to video screen of Freddie at Wembley 86 for the first verse. For the opera section the band left the stage and the video screen played clips of Freddie and a few of John. Paul Rodgers sang the final part of the song.
Radio Ga Ga - Roger started singing this track to a drum backing track, Paul came out and sang the last verse (Paul should have sang the whole song as it sounded much better with Roger playing real drums on it.)
I'm In Love With My Car - Roger sang the whole song and played drums...the man still has it!
The Show Must Go On
We Will Rock You
We Are The Champions

Brian's guitar playing on Feel Like Makin Love and All Right Now was fantastic, those tracks rocked!
Brian also played a 10 minute solo which included snippets of Keep Yourself Alive, Brighton Rock, Chinese Torture and finished with Last Horizon.

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 05, 19:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am VERY glad that Paul, Brian & Roger performed this, my VERY favorite song tied with TATDOOL in this manner. This will....always be...Freddie's love song..to..his fans..and his most beautifully written song. I wouldn't have it any other way and I'm very happy that the guys recognized how to treat this song.

Same thing, sounds like the band took my favorite song...and aced it. Roger wrote it..so he deserves the honors of singing it in Freddie's stead. Excellent artistic and sentimental touch showing clips of Queen' earlier days behind Roger and the band.

Wish I had been there.

xyz

Posted: 28 Mar 05, 19:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Following on from my review above;

Great show, i thought the setlist was a bit erratic and didn't flow as well as it could have done. Paul Rodgers impressed vocally but needs to be on stage more - he should really have performed both Radio Ga Ga and I Want It All.

The band seemed on good form, Brian's guitar work on Magic, All Right Now, Feel Like Makin Love, and Rock You was top notch. Roger proved he can still drum AND sing for a whole show.

They need to work on the beginning of the show the crowd got a bit restless during Track 13...i don't know if they had technical problems but this went on for too long. Perhaps it would have been better to start with a track like Breakthru' before going into Tie Your Mother Down.

I would have loved to have heard Innuendo live, but it wasn't played...perhaps later in the tour??

The Stealer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 05, 19:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This all sounds great..I have wait another month to see this ;-(

I hope more obscure songs will emerge..I am surprised they did love of my life-glad to see that.

Brian vocals on I want it all? I think PR would be better.

Brian solos sounded like they were GREAT...Lost Horizon!! I have only seen that live once before..looking forward that.

I am really glad to see from the photos posted that Jamie, Spike and the bass player are in the backgound...nothing worse than Jamie blocking my views of Roger and Brian!!!

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 05, 19:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For some reason I cannot access that Link Eggy gave, is there another linky with pic's?

MY GOD spell it write.
mr mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
mr mercury
Deity: 4630 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 05, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstüssyb wrote:

For some reason I cannot access that Link Eggy gave, is there another linky with pic's?

Neither can I see the pics :(

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
queenie1982 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 05, 19:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It sounds great!! I've been waiting all night for the reviews!!! I can't wait for the Madrid show!! Just 4 days...!!

Thank you to all those who shared your experience tonight at Brixton!!

Take care!

MARIA
Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2254 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 05, 19:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks to all of you for the reviews! :)

Cheers,

Ogre-

Keep Passing the Open Windows

Posted: 28 Mar 05, 20:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen never got to tour with the material from the Miracle or Innuendo therefore i'm a little disappointed that only three tracks from these albums made it onto the live set. Don't get me wrong the songs they played on the night were great and went down a storm, but hopefully a couple of newer tracks creep onto the setlist - they should be looking to play;

Breakthru' / Headlong / Innuendo / Too Much Love Will Kill You.