Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Newbie bootleg question

forum rss feed
Author

barnephiliac user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 16 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 04:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As I could not find specific info about this on this board, I thought I'd give it a shot here. (My apologies if this was brought up before - I didn't catch it.)

My goal is simple: I want to collect 2 or 3, preferably "silver" or "pressed", bootlegs from each Queen tour. Can anyone tell me which are the ones to have? A little explanation on "why" would be very much appreciated (is it the quality, the setlist or is the band simply "on fire" that night that makes the recording so special?)

I would be very grateful if any of you experts out there can help me (and probably some other fans too) in getting this "must have" list together.

Thanks!

XcessQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 381 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 04:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here you'll find everything you've always wanted to know:

http://www.queenonstage.com/www_docs/MineWeb-page/queenbootindex.htm

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18629 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 10:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The best bootlegs are rarely the silver-pressed ones. Don't make these your primary goal. The majority of the best recordings are from private collections. Go through some collector websites to see what's out there.

As for silvers, many of the shows have been released more than once, so it's good to know which versions are the best ones. You've given me a great idea: I should make a comprehensive list of silvers. There are lists online, but none give a recommendation of which is the ultimate version. I think I'm going to do that.

I'll post here again when it's on my site.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

www.queencollector.com is a ripoff website

TOO overpriced

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18629 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 22:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Inu Yasha<h6>a.k.a. Lum's Stormtrooper wrote:

www.queencollector.com is a ripoff website

TOO overpriced

That, and some of his recordings are from mp3. Kobe 75 and Brian's Hiroshima 93 were clearly digitally compressed.

He also puts labels on his cds, and that will actually ruin the cds over time. My Vienna 9-29-84 discs have "acquired" digital noise over the years on the last few songs of each.

But, his artwork is fantastic. He sure knows how to use a graphics program. I even sent him cds in exchange for art at one point.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca