Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Where are the negative persons??

forum rss feed
Author

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 06:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After the Fancourt performance, they all stand up to shoot Paul down... But where are they now??


I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 07:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perhaps they're still waiting to seem him in concert? :/

I doubt very much that everyone who has critisised Paul in the past was at Brixton...
For starters, they couldn't all fit in there. :P

Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 07:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

maybe they saw a ice cream stand and they couldnt resist the temptation...


2+2=5
Fairy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 902 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 08:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I think that those of us who aren’t particularly thrilled by the idea of this tour – in various degrees and with different reasons – will feel this way in spite of how well Paul does. At least, that’s how I feel. I also believe the great majority of those who are against the tour won’t go to see the concerts so they can’t have an opinion about them, though I believe it was a good show.

Ps. I don’t know why some of those who are in favor of the tour claim that those who are against it are not true fans. Being Queen fans doesn’t necessarily mean being Brian Roger + PR fans.

In any case…good luck for the rest of the tour!

Fairy



“If the house crumbles... I’ll just build it again”

King Freddie



http://miracleblog.queenzone.com/
Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 10:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Being a fan means being supportive of the band - or in this case, what's left of the band - even though your favorite member is dead or not participating and being a fan CERTAINLY means at the VERY LEAST not WISHING and HOPING for the tour to be a FAILURE and practically SALIVATING WITH DELIGHT when the Fancourt show turned out to be less than spectacular. And I have seen MANY on this board doing just that over the last two weeks. Not everyone but many (and not necessarily you). Regardless of whether or not Freddie was your favorite, regardles of how much you like or dislike Paul Rodgers, regardless of whatever personal grudge you hold against Brian May for whatever perceived greed/arrogance/whatever you see in him, a TRUE FAN does not wish ABJECT FAILURE for the band or the remnants of the band they claim to love. "If they don't do it MY WAY, I hope they FAIL!" BOLLOCKS! You don't have to like or agree with everything they do, but that is going way too far for anyone to call themselves a fan. To THAT group of "fans", I say FUCK THE LOT OF YOU! I hope the tour is blindingly successful and popular if for no other reason than to spite you all and rub your smug, self-righteous and holier-than-thou faces in it! HA!


Blow it out your ass.
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fairy wrote:

Ps. I don’t know why some of those who are in favor of the tour claim that those who are against it are not true fans.

I actually heard it other way more often- those who attend the shows should be ashamed, blah blah blah- this kinda bollocks. Not many ppl who didn't like the idea were so articulate as you, who I remember was arguing against, but knowing why and using some argumentation with it; still respecting the others' views. Now Fairy- that was RARE. I guess the attitude (I haven't seen it but than- I was avoiding THOSE discussions recently) you're talking about was just the reaction top all that ridiculous spit that we heard for liking the idea. I HAVE TO say that i've got now great satisfaction, as the gig itself was a HUGE success and honestly- a great tribute to AWESOME MUSIC. And all nay-sayers can now IMO go and f**k themselves. But nay-sayers- I don't mean ppl like you. I mean ppl who just felt necessary to abuse others for liking the projects, who didn't even know what the hell were they about, who were negative just for the sake of it- claiming that they're the ones who love Freddie so much and only they know how to respect his legacy. Well- fuck that. To this attitude you can react only either by ignoring it or replying in not very diplomatic way. With you it was different- I remember at QOL you were against it, but you were arguing in NORMAL way, and anyone could understand where were you coming from; I repeat- that was rare. Hence- maybe some ppl just thought- payback time. As ridiculous as it sounds- that's how it worked IMO...

Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 11:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What you simply have is a bunch of ne'er do well losers who, leading up to the show, showered Paul, Brian, and Roger with insults from the safety of their computers.

I'm sure that their mothers are proud...

Now, having seen the mighty pheonix that is Queen rise again, the motors coming back to life, they have been proven wrong.

So, now they sit in their Mom's basement, in their Bloomers, probably ripping others on some different site.

All of those LOSERS can go play in traffic.

After they get done tossing to internet porn....




"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"



Sean Connery
Fairy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 902 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 12:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek wrote:

Fairy wrote:

Ps. I don’t know why some of those who are in favor of the tour claim that those who are against it are not true fans.

I actually heard it other way more often- those who attend the shows should be ashamed, blah blah blah- this kinda bollocks. Not many ppl who didn't like the idea were so articulate as you, who I remember was arguing against, but knowing why and using some argumentation with it; still respecting the others' views. Now Fairy- that was RARE. I guess the attitude (I haven't seen it but than- I was avoiding THOSE discussions recently) you're talking about was just the reaction top all that ridiculous spit that we heard for liking the idea. I HAVE TO say that i've got now great satisfaction, as the gig itself was a HUGE success and honestly- a great tribute to AWESOME MUSIC. And all nay-sayers can now IMO go and f**k themselves. But nay-sayers- I don't mean ppl like you. I mean ppl who just felt necessary to abuse others for liking the projects, who didn't even know what the hell were they about, who were negative just for the sake of it- claiming that they're the ones who love Freddie so much and only they know how to respect his legacy. Well- fuck that. To this attitude you can react only either by ignoring it or replying in not very diplomatic way. With you it was different- I remember at QOL you were against it, but you were arguing in NORMAL way, and anyone could understand where were you coming from; I repeat- that was rare. Hence- maybe some ppl just thought- payback time. As ridiculous as it sounds- that's how it worked IMO...


 Thanks Fenderek. I see what you mean. Thanks for remembering my arguments! You are right, I have my views but this has nothing to do with hoping the tour
is a failure...My reaction when I heard the concert in South Africa was of sadness, certainly not of joy. I totally respect the band and anyone who is
going to their shows.

Thanks again and ciao to all

Fairy


“If the house crumbles... I’ll just build it again”

King Freddie



http://miracleblog.queenzone.com/
bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 16:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ray D O'Gaga wrote:

Being a fan means being supportive of the band - or in this case, what's left of the band - even though your favorite member is dead or not participating and being a fan CERTAINLY means at the VERY LEAST not WISHING and HOPING for the tour to be a FAILURE and practically SALIVATING WITH DELIGHT when the Fancourt show turned out to be less than spectacular. And I have seen MANY on this board doing just that over the last two weeks. Not everyone but many (and not necessarily you). Regardless of whether or not Freddie was your favorite, regardles of how much you like or dislike Paul Rodgers, regardless of whatever personal grudge you hold against Brian May for whatever perceived greed/arrogance/whatever you see in him, a TRUE FAN does not wish ABJECT FAILURE for the band or the remnants of the band they claim to love. "If they don't do it MY WAY, I hope they FAIL!" BOLLOCKS! You don't have to like or agree with everything they do, but that is going way too far for anyone to call themselves a fan. To THAT group of "fans", I say FUCK THE LOT OF YOU! I hope the tour is blindingly successful and popular if for no other reason than to spite you all and rub your smug, self-righteous and holier-than-thou faces in it! HA!



No Freddie = NO QUEEN. QUEEN 1991 RIP


Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
hcrvelin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 251 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:


No Freddie = NO QUEEN. QUEEN 1991 RIP

I believe everyone sane agrees with that. But this is not Queen but rather Queen+PR. You can perhaps call it Queen II. It is band which on ashes of old one is playing all those known tracks back to us. And people like it. At least majority as reactions are after Brixton. You may find offensive whole thing, but your reaction is even more offensive my dear. If you wish to announce to whole world that Queen is RIP for you and everything after is scam then simply put it as your signature. No need to spam every topic with that. Is it that hard?


H
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 17:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fairy wrote:

Well I think that those of us who aren’t particularly thrilled by the idea of this tour – in various degrees and with different reasons – will feel this way in spite of how well Paul does. At least, that’s how I feel. I also believe the great majority of those who are against the tour won’t go to see the concerts so they can’t have an opinion about them, though I believe it was a good show.

Ps. I don’t know why some of those who are in favor of the tour claim that those who are against it are not true fans. Being Queen fans doesn’t necessarily mean being Brian Roger + PR fans.

In any case…good luck for the rest of the tour!

Fairy


Absolutely right. This is what I have said after the first fights on this board between Bri, Rog + PR fans and Queen fans.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually there are some persons who was there and who didn't like PR as a frontman, read "Post Your Brixton reviews here!" and you'd see it.

pastieman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 62 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Poodle wrote

No Freddie = NO QUEEN. QUEEN 1991 RIP


Poodle/K9, you are like an old woman, moaning on and on all the bloody time.
Move on in life and stop playing the same song over and over again, you are boring us all, we know what you think.
I and many thousands of others have moved on, I am proud to say I was at Brixton and had a bloody good time, at a fantastic show, put on by 2 of my heros. Your negativaty is getting very thin.

Do us all a huge service (but mainly yourself), swallow your pride and get a ticket and have the fucking time of your life at a live concert, playing Queen songs, sung by members of all of our fav band, in 2005.
The only loser in all of this is YOU, if you dont do this, trust me you will live to regret it, and grow old, being a sad person, dwelling in the past and not living the here and now or in the future.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pastieman wrote:

Poodle wrote

No Freddie = NO QUEEN. QUEEN 1991 RIP


Poodle/K9, you are like an old woman, moaning on and on all the bloody time.
Move on in life and stop playing the same song over and over again, you are boring us all, we know what you think.
I and many thousands of others have moved on, I am proud to say I was at Brixton and had a bloody good time, at a fantastic show, put on by 2 of my heros. Your negativaty is getting very thin.

Do us all a huge service (but mainly yourself), swallow your pride and get a ticket and have the fucking time of your life at a live concert, playing Queen songs, sung by members of all of our fav band, in 2005.
The only loser in all of this is YOU, if you dont do this, trust me you will live to regret it, and grow old, being a sad person, dwelling in the past and not living the here and now or in the future.


Live your own life and don't give advices to other people about their lives, you're not God. (That's not about Brixton show that's about the habbit to change someone's life by your own advices)

Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 19:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No Freddie = NO QUEEN. QUEEN 1991 RIP


You know fuck-all, my friend. Kiss Brian May's ass. He and Roger put their money where their mouth is. They're better men than you'll ever be.

Bound to be a loser in the end. Hopefully a real fan will get the ticket you're too pure to buy. Enjoy staying home and listening to your CDs.


Blow it out your ass.
pastieman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 62 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 19:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If I was God, then Freddie would still be with us.

All I was trying to say was this, people need to move on and not live in the past for the rest of their days. Life goes on, we all need to move on, and not live in a time warp. This not only applies to our dear Freddie, but to anyone we have lost ( I lost my sister-in law last month, age 33, with 3 kids under 4 years old). We must never forget those we have lost, but we cant stay still forever, we all have to rebuild our lives and move on.

We just dont need to here the same thing over and over again, its boring, and people get fed up of it.
I am not trying to tell others what they should do, but its sad when some folk are so pig headed that they wont give anything new a chance, so miss out in the end and live to regret it.

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6374 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 23:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ray D O'Gaga wrote:

Being a fan means being supportive of the band - or in this case, what's left of the band - even though your favorite member is dead or not participating and being a fan CERTAINLY means at the VERY LEAST not WISHING and HOPING for the tour to be a FAILURE and practically SALIVATING WITH DELIGHT when the Fancourt show turned out to be less than spectacular. And I have seen MANY on this board doing just that over the last two weeks. Not everyone but many (and not necessarily you). Regardless of whether or not Freddie was your favorite, regardles of how much you like or dislike Paul Rodgers, regardless of whatever personal grudge you hold against Brian May for whatever perceived greed/arrogance/whatever you see in him, a TRUE FAN does not wish ABJECT FAILURE for the band or the remnants of the band they claim to love. "If they don't do it MY WAY, I hope they FAIL!" BOLLOCKS! You don't have to like or agree with everything they do, but that is going way too far for anyone to call themselves a fan. To THAT group of "fans", I say FUCK THE LOT OF YOU! I hope the tour is blindingly successful and popular if for no other reason than to spite you all and rub your smug, self-righteous and holier-than-thou faces in it! HA!


Good post, except for the following stepford quote:

"Being a fan means being supportive of the band - or in this case, what's left of the band - even though your favorite member is dead or not participating"

Am I not a real fan if I think Flash Gordon or Hot Space is subpar? What if I dislike the Pepsi commercial or 5ive etc etc. Must I blindfully accept everything Queen does as being perfect? What is wrong with expressing a critical opinion?

By the way, I do plan on seeing Queen if the come to North America.



Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!



Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html



B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Benja user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 80 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Mar 05, 01:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One thing is to be a FAN and other thing is to be Fundamentalist about something. I think PR is a very good singer, not in my top list but just a very good singer, but i like the idea of Brian and Roger doing something and is their band so they can do it whith whoever they want to.


Doing Alright!
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Mar 05, 02:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pastieman wrote:

If I was God, then Freddie would still be with us.

All I was trying to say was this, people need to move on and not live in the past for the rest of their days. Life goes on, we all need to move on, and not live in a time warp. This not only applies to our dear Freddie, but to anyone we have lost ( I lost my sister-in law last month, age 33, with 3 kids under 4 years old). We must never forget those we have lost, but we cant stay still forever, we all have to rebuild our lives and move on.

We just dont need to here the same thing over and over again, its boring, and people get fed up of it.
I am not trying to tell others what they should do, but its sad when some folk are so pig headed that they wont give anything new a chance, so miss out in the end and live to regret it.


Sorry about your sister-in law :(

Yes, I agree, but if some people wants to miss out and regret - let them do it. Don't waste your time!

turolf_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Mar 05, 03:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This tour is to much a Brian May solo tour and a C-version of the magic tour. Why can´t they play a medley like "ogre battle, white queen, tenement funster, save me, it´s late, sail a way sweet sister...and so on???

Why are they skip INNUENDO, one of the greatest song ever???