Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Why did band put "Fried Chicken" lyrics to end "One Vision"

forum rss feed
Author

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Forgive me but I have never seen "The Making Of One Vision" Documentary...which I hear details how all the band members contributed in the songwriting process of the song "One Vision", (which I Love).

Which band member decided (why do I have a feeling it was Freddie)...to use the words/lyrics...fried chicken to end the recorded (not the written version) version and the live versions of "One Vision"...and Why?

xyz
ernie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 104 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 05, 20:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dunno...i've heard they used it just to show that they're not taking themselves too seriously but that's completely through the grapevine with no source to back it up whatsoever lol

but the documentary is hilarious though..."one dump, one turd, to fix john deacon"

"...one sex position!"

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 05, 00:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Didn't Jim Hutton say he thought of adding Fried Chicken?

DJ's the man we love the most
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 05, 02:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They were all hungry for fried chicken, And thought that if BRIAN of all people wanted meat, that it was a historic occasion and HAD to be put on the album.

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 05, 02:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He used this line later in "Stealin'" demo (as I remember... I maybe wrong, but on one of The Miracle demos there's something about fried chicken) :)

maxpower user not visiting Queenzone.com
maxpower
Bohemian: 477 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 05, 04:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the reason for it is this... the song was building, building & buidling up to a musical climax ( a bit like the beatles "a day in the life") ... "yeah give me one hope" etc.. & Queen being who they where took the seriousness of the situation away & ended with "gimmie fried chicken"

Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 05, 10:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes it was jim hutton whose said "fried chicken" and freddie liked it and they left it in it's as simple as that i'm sure it's also mentioned in "mercury and me" book somewhere.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

agneepath! 11994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1132 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 05, 11:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There s a brief discussion of this very topic in one documentary - Channel 4s "Killer Queen"

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 05, 16:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To be fair, One Vision doesn´t end in "fried chicken", it ends 10-20 secs later with "god works in mysterious ways"

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 05, 17:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

To be fair, One Vision doesn´t end in "fried chicken", it ends 10-20 secs later with "god works in mysterious ways"

Sebastian you're great with this stuff. What's the accurate story behind this?

xyz
Lady Cool Cat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 421 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 05, 13:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, I think they wanted to break the tough, political-like air, so they added it.
Or, Jim Hutton added it.
Or, they were really hungry for chicken when they were writting the final lyrics.

But, whatever the reason is, it still rocks!! ;D

Friends Will Be Friends; Life without friends is like Rock n' Roll without Queen.

bassist08 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 332 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 05, 20:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ernie wrote:

dunno...i've heard they used it just to show that they're not taking themselves too seriously but that's completely through the grapevine with no source to back it up whatsoever lol

but the documentary is hilarious though..."one dump, one turd, to fix john deacon"

"...one sex position!"

I thought he says "one dump, one turd, two tits John Deacon..." maybe I just heard different.

"The most important thing, darling, is to live a fabulous life. As long as it's fabulous, I don't care how long it is." -FM

Ander Vørschört user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 684 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 05, 22:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bassist08 wrote:

ernie wrote:

"...one sex position!"

I thought he says "one dump, one turd, two tits John Deacon..." maybe I just heard different.

no its tits

That time will come, one day you'll see, when we can all be friends.
ernie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 104 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 05, 15:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Forever88 wrote:

bassist08 wrote:

ernie wrote:

"...one sex position!"

no its tits

ah, my bad. i heard it differently

KenJ_1986 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 75 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 05, 23:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They did it to mess with your mind... just so you'd drive yourself mad wondering why.

-KenJ
Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 05, 13:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#FF399> Linda Of The Valley wrote:

de je vou...

u mean deja vu, deary?

2+2=5