Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > How about this to open the show!

forum rss feed
Author

Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Mar 05, 09:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think that they should open the show with what they are familiar with and i'm not talking about one vision but i'm thinking about the classic "procession" or even ADATR intro to welcome the band on and considering they more or less start with TYMD that would be perfect.

What's the link with eminem anyway? or his brian trying to keep in with trend? who knows?.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

newcastle 86! 16483 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 05, 16:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yeah the original tymd intri would be good

martinjkstones
hcrvelin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 251 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 05, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...or some small mix like hearing the bicycle rings (from BR) and as they become louder and louder storm the stage with TYMD. I believe that would function well... first Paul appears and does acustic solo (one verse), then lights goes off, bicycle rings.. louder and louder... as they do light start roaming across the venue and with first sound of TYMD explosion of lights and gig starts! :)

H
iljaiya user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 63 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 05, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A mix from all openings would be great!
Part Procession, ANATO opener, ADATR opener, WWRY or Overture, Flash, Machines, One Vision and/or It's a beautiful day.

Posted: 31 Mar 05, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bloody hell! itll take all nite for the opening tune! ...........

martinjkstones
iljaiya user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 63 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 05, 18:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not the full songs love. Just parts...
And so what! The opener already is 20 minutes.
Make it a good opener an add a few more minutes so people won't get bored.

jericho05 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 677 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 05, 19:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BRENDA wrote:

What's the link with eminem anyway? or his brian trying to keep in with trend? who knows?.

Eminems website has (had?) a link to Queenonline on it. Maybe they are mutual fans.

Shake it Sugaree

Posted: 31 Mar 05, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

true true.....

martinjkstones
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18633 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 05, 00:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

iljaiya wrote:

Part Procession, ANATO opener, ADATR opener, WWRY or Overture, Flash, Machines, One Vision and/or It's a beautiful day.

I like the chronological instrumental idea... Procession, then ADATR, then Machines, then IABD.

Dream Theater did something similar to that last year. The tension built as it approched closer and closer to 2004 on the screen, and then the climax of the band walking on stage.

Incredibly effective.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 05, 03:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sounds great GH! And MUCH better than Eminem! ;)

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
The King Of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2259 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 05, 04:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Enimem's a Queen fan??? Hm, why hasnt he sampled a Queen song yet? Or has he, and I just dont know about it? lol.....I know he sampled Dream On by Aerosmith......I'm not generally a fan of such things, but if anyone could do it interestingly it would be Mr. Mathers

I'll take you to the Seven Seas of Rhye
bigV user not visiting Queenzone.com
bigV
Royalty: 1646 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 05, 05:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The King Of Rhye wrote:

Enimem's a Queen fan??? Hm, why hasnt he sampled a Queen song yet? Or has he, and I just dont know about it? lol.....I know he sampled Dream On by Aerosmith......I'm not generally a fan of such things, but if anyone could do it interestingly it would be Mr. Mathers

He has! The song "Puke" from his new album samples WWRY, but it's almost unrecognizable.

As for the opening number I think that Innuendo or IABD would be perfect.

V.

I'm as mad as HELL, and I'm not going to take this anymore!

digi190 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 84 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 05, 06:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i'll like was it all worth it!!

willem-jan 8923 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 818 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 05, 07:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

iljaiya wrote:

I like the chronological instrumental idea... Procession, then ADATR, then Machines, then IABD.

Dream Theater did something similar to that last year. The tension built as it approched closer and closer to 2004 on the screen, and then the climax of the band walking on stage.

Incredibly effective.

It also reminded me of the DT opening from their last tour. Really effective indeed. However, if they would do something like that, everybody would blame them ripping off Dream Theater.

GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 05, 08:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He sampled WWRY on "Till I Collapse" on his 3rd album, well moreover Dr Dre did as he produced the song(Dre got permission). Eminem then sort of sampled WWRY for Puke on his new album, but re-arranges the formula slightly, varying it a touch (he too got permission from Brian, but more directly by sending a representative from Shady Records in a limo, and then playing it to Brian for his approval).

Eminem also left a message for Bri/Rog, just saying he admires Queen. I think Brian knows that, although he may not be a big fan of rap as such, knows how to appreciate other artists and not be so single minded about musical genres. I don't care whether people don't like rap, its rubbish to suggest Eminem isn't brilliant at what he does.

Also, Brian cheekily put the intro lyrics to "Lose Yourself" on his site on Sunday/Monday morning before the Brixton gig. Wonder if he'll put anymore subliminal things on his posts?

Hank H. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 05, 11:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GreatKingSam wrote:

I don't care whether people don't like rap, its rubbish to suggest Eminem isn't brilliant at what he does.

I do like rap and I do suggest that Eminem is far from being brilliant at what he does.

I don't think the opener for this tour was a good idea... there would be so many options how to build up tension, but neither track 13 nor Eminem nor PR solo do build up any tension.

But never forget that Brian May is a great believer in not giving people what they want. lol, I'm sure it was hard to find a possibility to not give us what we want regarding the opener, but they found a way!!

GH, didn't you want to stay away from this board until you saw a concert?

"I'm a great believer in actually NOT giving people what they want"

Brian May, 11 March 05
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 05, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like Eminem (although I know some of you don't).

I however disagree with the idea of opening the show with an Eminem song because Queen has way too many choices for better opening songs:

- Procession
- Flash (Intro)
- Innuendo
- Now I'm Here
- Tear It Up
- Tie Your Mother Down
- Death On Two Legs
- One Vision
- Let Me Entertain You
- We Will Rock You (Fast)

IMO an opening song for a concert should ALWAYS be a really good one that can get the whole crowd pumped up and ready to rock.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 05, 11:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Btw, I agree with most of you who say that rap/hip-hop is for the most part shit and way too cliche of itself.

I however have to say that there some brilliant stuff from Eminem, Run DMC, Dr.Dre, and the greatest of all... 2Pac.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 05, 11:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

I however have to say that there some brilliant stuff from Eminem, Run DMC, Dr.Dre, and the greatest of all... 2Pac.

Yes brilliant.. I mean, who else but a genius could write lyrics like these:

Two trailer park girls go 'round the outside...
Guess who's back, back again
Shady's back, tell a friend..

Classic, I tell ya...;-)

GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 05, 12:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well.... Eminem didn't. They're from a song called "Buffalo Girls" by Malcolm McClaren.

Eminem only added the "Shady's back" part (which easily rhymes with the original song).

It justs makes me laugh that people could be so closed minded about things. I hate certain music, but I won't allow myself to deny the fact that those artists are still good, just I don't like them at all. To say Eminem has no talent is crap.