Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Harry Potter and it's a kind of magic

forum rss feed
Author

King_of_Queens user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 38 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Apr 05, 07:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was just wondering, why don't they release AKOM for the next Harry Potter film (soundtrack), the music for the song will fit the film, they also can include some of the film's shots in the music video...

Dunno just an idea to see Queen back in the singles charts... What do you think??

"I don't have no time for no monkey business..."
rachael mae. user not visiting Queenzone.com
i am lush
rachael mae.
Royalty: 1489 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 05, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can see that working quite well actually...

kohuept user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 552 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 05, 16:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson">ThomasQuinn wrote:

Have someone explain the idea of a soundtrack to you, please.

Could you explain your idea of a soundtrack, please?

Anyway...
I don't think HP has songs in the soundtrack (I could be wrong), other than that, I think the idea is cool.
Won't happen, though.

You just can't beat the reasonably priced mosquito repellant OFF.
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 05, 17:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can actually see that song working well, but the Harry Potter soundtracks have been all scores, so A Kind Of Magic would be completely out of place.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 05, 19:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It wouldn't be a bad idea, but the song itself is very 80's, and would need to be re-recorded (not necessarily by Queen though) to fit a more modern style, in order to sell the movie to more audiences (as well as the soundtrack, and the single if it happened)

I don't think it'll ever happen, at least not with a Queen track anyways.

Not saying that there won't be any vocal songs in the HP films at all; in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, which I believe gets released on November 15th this year (I could be wrong), there is going to be a ballroom scene with a wizard music band (don't know what style of music though; I haven't read the book since last summer), and they'll be singing for sure.

nasty_queenie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 143 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 03:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Inu Yasha<h6>a.k.a. Lum's Stormtrooper wrote:

Not saying that there won't be any vocal songs in the HP films at all; in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, which I believe gets released on November 15th this year (I could be wrong), there is going to be a ballroom scene with a wizard music band (don't know what style of music though; I haven't read the book since last summer), and they'll be singing for sure.

I read about that and I thought that Queen in the early 70's would be quite a good choice for that especially how Freddie looked and songs like My Fairy King etc... But apparently the band are going to be playing 80's type music, very dancey, well that's what I heard anyway.

"The concept of Queen is to be regal and majestic. Glamour is part of us, and we want to be dandy." - Freddie Mercury
Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 07:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh yeah! A genius idea! And we could introduce The Highlander as well. And an affair. And gay sex. ah yeah! :P

2+2=5
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 07:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One of the strenght of the Harry Potter movies is the wonderful soundtrack from John Williams. They shouldn't waste it by adding popular music to it

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
_amadeus_ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 763 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm just 14, so I do like Harry Potter a bit. But, I think putting 'A Kind of Magic' in there is way too... whats the word I'm looking for... mature, for Harry Potter :)

Nobody is always a winner, and anybody who says he is, is either a liar or doesn't play poker.
Kikyo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 88 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 05, 15:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ITs KIkyo's MOm again. I think it would be funny if harry's uncle vernon was walking past harry's bed room door and heard ITs a kind of magic blasting out from harry's cd player. that would work in the movie. plus it would be funny.

Come What May
dragonzflame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2456 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 05, 18:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What does AKOM actually have to do with Harry Potter other than the reference to the word 'magic'?

When life hands you lemons, add vodka.
_amadeus_ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 763 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 05, 18:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nothin' at all Dragon :D

Nobody is always a winner, and anybody who says he is, is either a liar or doesn't play poker.