Forums > Personal > Being a victim of bullies

forum rss feed
Author

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Apr 05, 10:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Last night I was watching this TV movie called "Odd Girl Out" on Lifetime (yes, straight guys can also watch Lifetime).
Anyways, the movie was about this teen girl who gets constantly bullied by former friends who think she's flirting with a guy that one of her ex-friends happens to like. They make her life a living hell by constantly calling her names, spreading false rumors about her, pulling pranks on her, and harassing her in every single way possible. The worst part of all is that this girl still tries to remain friends with these bitches despite of every single bad they do to her, and she ends up becoming extremely gullible about every single lie that her old friends would tell her in order to make her think that they're still "friends", which leads this girl into more pain and driving her into a complete state of depression.

Just wondering if anyone here (for both guys and girls) has ever been a victim of bullies in school? If so, do you still feel scared by those painful memories from the past.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 05 Apr 05, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That was an excellent story Barry.

Was it sent by a fan?

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 05, 11:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow.. I thought you were just a wimp Barry but bugger me dead if that didn't choke me up.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 05, 11:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now that's a good Internet story.

God wants you to send me some money.

"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."
KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 05, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My brother is being bullied by some kid. He's only in the sixth grade. I only stuck up for my brother once, and I guess that made it all worse.

My mum rented some bullying videos, and I guess she's going to try to show his principal, but I REALLY don't think that'll do anything. THAT might make it worse. But so far, I've had a few conversations with Nate (a.k.a. the bully) pretending to live somewhere else and not be related. But then I just blocked him on account of my mum finding out and scolding me to stay out of it.

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
SergeantPepperDG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1725 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 05, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Crap! I was planning on watching that last night! I watched "Soldier's Girl" instead...

Kay Adams Corleone- The ultimate desperate housewife
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 05 Apr 05, 16:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SergeantPepperDG wrote:

Crap! I was planning on watching that last night! I watched "Soldier's Girl" instead...

They might show it again in the next days, so check your local listings.

This is a movie that I feel every kid and every parent should watch.

LiveAidQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4489 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 05, 16:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was bullied once by this kid and I ended up beating HIM up...How great am I!

Comprende muchacho.
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 05 Apr 05, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=purple>Miss James wrote:

I read a story not too long ago about a new internet bully fad that is happening lately. Apparently they send abusive pms, emails, texts, etc., to the victims and then they spread lies about them over the internet and at the schools that the kids attend. They said one boy, who was much smaller than other kids, committed suicide because he couldn't take the verbal abuse anymore. I can't believe the lengths that some kids go to to make other kids' lives unhappy. They obviously have low self-esteem themselves or else they wouldn't be abusing others for being different.

Good thing you mentioned that, Amanda.

On this movie that I watched last night, it showed that the internet era has certainly made things worse when it comes to confronting bullies, and it is certainly harder to catch one.

A good example of this is our beloved, Jake Britt.

LiveAidQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4489 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 05, 16:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But that was 10 years ago... :-)

Comprende muchacho.
jericho05 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 677 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 05, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pretty great story. I've been there, on the side of Kyle. It wasn't fun.

Shake it Sugaree
pma user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3462 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 05, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My first school memory is infact of being bullied (won't get into what for, but not a fun way to start school with tears in your eyes), but after that and some other minor incidents with mainly older pupils I was left alone thanks to the wonderful teacher I had.

Come 4th grade of elementary school, the old teacher is gone with the wind. The school principal does two jobs, one of them is being the principal and the other is being our teacher. Everybody could tell that would suck ;-)

My classmates learned that I'd move and had to change to a different school district, that seemed to set something on fire. Pretty much everyone turned against me, a new kid in the class also seemed to be a master of manipulating other children into joining the ranks. I was pretty much the regular target for verbal and physical abuse, always done by several other boys against me. I was not a small kid by any means and alone I could whoop ass as anyone else. And I did do my share of revenges when I caught someone alone and for that I got into trouble, as some teachers SAW me as the problem then. Eitherway, school was hell in the 4th. I was scared of going there, it's evident from my school photos that something changed. Looking back I seemed terribly unhappy, whereas I had been somewhat of a smiley blonde boy before.
The principal who tought most subjects was absent because of his job as a principal running the school, so he left us unmonitored and that certainly gave the idiots a good chance to have a go at me.

Having pretty much been abused out of my self-esteem I had to go to a new school, that class surely was not a picknick. In 5th I soon became the easy target for the kids of that class. They knew I'd give them the reaction their sadistic little minds wanted. I was very sensitive, I guess they could smell that :-P

By sixth I had gotten a long a bit better but was still pretty much the OUTSIDER as I had been made into in the new school. I had a few friends, but they weren't in a position to defend me in anyway. And of course I was not given a chance to go forth with these people, as the school decided that people who live off a certain distrcit would start 7th in the school downtown. I definitely did not need another school change and a new set of faces.

From 13-16 then, well it was more verbal abuse and singling out/outcasting. It was very heavy, make no mistake about it. And my bullies were never the tought guys who'd go to juvinile-hall :-P They were ordinarey students, the one's the teachers liked.

I've read alot of studies about bullying myself, I can't say I'm surprised that studies over here show that especially many male teachers believe that there are absolutely no innocent victims among the bullied kids. They think of them as "provocative victims" and such. That explains why they never ever did anything to put a stop to the shit that I had to go through. And they damn well did know about it. It was always "boys will be boys", "shake hands and be pals" and blah blah

I do feel the effects of bullying in my everyday social life and am in therapy, which I'm glad. Oh and nowadays I don't take shit from anyone, I've had my share for this life. Yes, I will resort to violence. Not kidding one bit. Yes, I'm a bit crazy ;-)

Anyway, that was a short summary of my experiences. I've written a short-novel (almost) about it in my own language. Not something you'd want to read or experience yourself, trust me.

I personally think that the only way teachers are going to start taking bullying seriously is when they are punished for doing their job badly.

They are supposed to be an authority and the school must provide everyone an equal and SAFE learning enviroment. I think teachers who fail in that should be given deductions in their wages, perhaps that would encourage them to truly put a stop to cases. So no-one would have to go for several years as being the general spitting cup as I did.

"I think now I can make love to your anus without making God angry"

geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 05, 20:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Last year, I had a hell of a time fitting in anywhere because I suddenly switched middle schools. There was no room for a gawky, geeky girl who tripped over her own feet on a regular basis. But no bullying, just a whole lot of cold shouldering.

God wants you to send me some money.

"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."

Posted: 05 Apr 05, 21:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The trick with bullying is to go and murder the bullies parents. Both of them. That way they will learn that it rubs the lotion into its body or it gets the hose again.

Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 07:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In school I always suffered because I never wanted to be the same like the others. Some teachers liked me being different, but others hated it (you know, after a really long communist rule, someone that tries to step out from the crowd must be "killed"), and encouraged my coleagues to be mean to me. At first I was always hurt, and went home and cried, but then I realized I was smarter than them, and I shouldn't give them satisfaction and decided not to give a f*ck about it. Now in university people really appreciate me for being me and this is quite amazing for me. :D

2+2=5

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 09:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That sucks. That's why I love living in the good AU of S. Yeee-haw!

Pluto user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 778 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 15:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was bullied all of middle school just about every day. Now in high school it is not as bad because my brother was a senior last year(my first year), and the people who bullied me were either scared of him or thought he was the cooliest person in the school. This year it can still be bad because I often go aginst everyone else at my school if what they are doing is wrong. Of couse this all started when i stopped some people from picking on one of my friends.

I’ll kick and scream or kneel and bleed

I’ll fight like hell to hide that I’m giving up

-Bright Eyes

Another Travelin' Song
Goo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 295 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 23:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was pretty much bullied all throughout middle school, but I haven't had to deal with that for years. It doesn't really hurt me to think about it anymore, cause it was so long ago that it feels like it happened to someone else. Also, I know that it could never happen to me nowadays, cause I'm more confident in sticking up for myself, and I have some really great friends who would back me up. Plus, most people my age are mature enough not to do that, and I'm not as much of an obvious nerd anymore.

Playful as a pussycat.
Yogurt user not visiting Queenzone.com
Yogurt
Royalty: 1927 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 05, 07:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Being bullied for so many years is the reason why I have very low self esteem.

I don't swim in your toilet, so don't pee in my pool!

Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 05, 07:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yogurt wrote:

Being bullied for so many years is the reason why I have very low self esteem.

same here.
but now i'm workin on that

2+2=5