Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Freddie's similarities to the superhero The Crow/Film Version

forum rss feed
Author

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 15:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just sort of cool...that Freddie had alot of the same qualities of the Superhero Eric Draven known as "The Crow" (I am referring to the FILM version of The Crow) not the book version.

In Freddie's early 1970's days, Freddie had long black hair, and his black satin catsuit costumes looked like those of Eric Draven who also had long black hair.
Both Freddie and Eric Draven wore makeup and black nail polish. Freddie & Eric Draven even look like the same person.

They both were rock musicians and songwriters who used their music to inspire and bring joy to others.

Freddie and Queen did a song called "Hangman" with meaning.

Eric Draven (The Crow) had a band called Hangman's Joke, who did meaningful songs.

Freddie and Eric Draven (The Crow) both LOVED cats. We all know about Freddie's many beloved cats and their names. Eric Draven had Gabriel, the white cat he adored.

Freddie wrote "Keep Passing The Open Windows" a very meaningful song about having and keeping hope, even in the face of adversity.

Eric Draven wrote "It Can't Rain All The Time" which is a very meaningful song about the exact same thing.

Both Freddie..and Eric Draven, died too young, unjustly, but left a legacy of love, life, hope, faith, and beautiful music.


xyz
Vad user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 63 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good lord...

XcessQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 381 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 16:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vad wrote:

Good lord...

My thoughts exactly.

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

XcessQueen wrote:

Vad wrote:

Good lord...

My thoughts exactly.


Good Lord...My thoughts exactly too. 2 people who can't think for themselves who mimic and follow each other all over Queenzone slagging Topics. Good Lord Indeed!!!


xyz
Victoria user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 529 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 17:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some people think too much for themselves...

... like schizos. Too much going on up there, you know?


*honk* *honk* - Harpo
Vad user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 63 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The problem with you Arlene, is that you try to make us all to believe that posting every single nonsense that gets into your head means that you think.

So what about this: Glenn Hughes from Village People was the member of a famous band from the 70s just like Freddie, who love to wear biker leather clothes like Freddie and had a mustache like Freddie and was gay like Freddie and died of AIDS like Freddie.

So what's the big deal that Mr. Hughes, or the guy from The Crow or Robert Smith or the holy Pope or anyone your little mind picks up, has things in common with Freddie? does that mean they're the same at all? what do you want to prove with silly topics like this, besides testing our patience?


doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vad wrote:

The problem with you Arlene, is that you try to make us all to believe that posting every single nonsense that gets into your head means that you think.

So what about this: Glenn Hughes from Village People was the member of a famous band from the 70s just like Freddie, who love to wear biker leather clothes like Freddie and had a mustache like Freddie and was gay like Freddie and died of AIDS like Freddie.

So what's the big deal that Mr. Hughes, or the guy from The Crow or Robert Smith or the holy Pope or anyone your little mind picks up, has things in common with Freddie? does that mean they're the same at all? what do you want to prove with silly topics like this, besides testing our patience?


I am not trying to prove anything with this topic.

This is for general Discussion. I just noticed something that was similar. woop de doo

And you just enjoy slagging people because you are so full of hate & bile that you if you don't spew it you will explode you idiot.


xyz
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 20:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For some reason, I am reminded of a Family Guy scene in which Neil Goldman invites Peter to join him and his wife to see if any movies match up with "Hotel California" (a la "The Wizard Of Oz" / "Dark Side Of The Moon").

Victoria user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 529 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 20:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ever noticed a pattern? Or at least a reccuring theme in responses to some of your threads, Arlene? This is not the first time someone has said something of Vad's nature. Nor is it the second or third. So, perhaps since several people are stating the same things, that is (for lack of a better term) "saying something".

I admit, when I first came here, I posted a somewhat silly thread. Some of the responses were funny, but a good number of them were not something I wanted to repeatedly hear. Especially since most of them were directed at me. That isn't a desiriable interaction in a community. However, you seem to ignore the fact that people have informed you of your constantly putting yourself into the same situations. I conclude that you are either plumb ignorant, or get a kick out of stimulating people to respond. It seems the only means you have of getting attention (not positive attention 99% of the time) is to act the fool. Over and over and over ...



*honk* *honk* - Harpo
XcessQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 381 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 20:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

arlene wrote:


And you just enjoy slagging people because you are so full of hate & bile that you if you don't spew it you will explode you idiot.


I'm quite sure that nobody here is full of hate.
It's sad that you think this way. I hope you won't any more.

Victoria user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 529 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 20:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

arlene wrote:

And you just enjoy slagging people because you are so full of hate & bile that you if you don't spew it you will explode you idiot.


This?! Coming from the civil woman who posted this?!

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=501268

No, it can't be!


*honk* *honk* - Harpo
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 20:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Victoria wrote:

Ever noticed a pattern? Or at least a reccuring theme in responses to some of your threads, Arlene? This is not the first time someone has said something of Vad's nature. Nor is it the second or third. So, perhaps since several people are stating the same things, that is (for lack of a better term) "saying something".

I admit, when I first came here, I posted a somewhat silly thread. Some of the responses were funny, but a good number of them were not something I wanted to repeatedly hear. Especially since most of them were directed at me. That isn't a desiriable interaction in a community. However, you seem to ignore the fact that people have informed you of your constantly putting yourself into the same situations. I conclude that you are either plumb ignorant, or get a kick out of stimulating people to respond. It seems the only means you have of getting attention (not positive attention 99% of the time) is to act the fool. Over and over and over ...


And I've noticed that only the same 3-4 people slag me and intentionally follow my posts and cant think for themselves..except to heckle and bully...it's only the same 3-4 people that slag me...and I notice those SAME 3-4 people ALSO slag OTHER Queenzoners. So YOU have the problem.


xyz
XcessQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 381 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 20:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Victoria:

"I like being outside when it's cloudy (cause I can SEE w/o squinting) and LOVE the rain (it doesn't give you cancer, like some other classifications of weather)"

Smart and funny. :)


doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 20:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote




xyz
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Victoria wrote:

arlene wrote:

And you just enjoy slagging people because you are so full of hate & bile that you if you don't spew it you will explode you idiot.


This?! Coming from the civil woman who posted this?!

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=501268

No, it can't be!


You provoke me....that was WHY I Posted That topic you refer to above...and you say bile things to me. I spoke the truth...and posted that Topic about it..and you know it....


xyz
XcessQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 381 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 21:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For ARLENE:

I don't even know what "slag" means and I don't care.

I'm here for the last 2 weeks, and I've already found a few new friends. So, I guess I'm not the problematic one.

When I've first noticed your posts I thought that you're interesting die-hard Queen fan with great knowledge, but I don't think that way any more. Now I only see you as a person with serious problems.

Maybe I also have serious problems, but I'm sure that more people here would like to discuss about Queen with me than with you.

XcessQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 381 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 21:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

arlene wrote:



And I've noticed that only the same 3-4 people slag me and intentionally follow my posts


This is called PARANOIA.

XcessQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 381 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 05, 21:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

arlene wrote:

those SAME 3-4 people ALSO slag OTHER Queenzoners


This is called a LIE.

Victoria user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 529 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Apr 05, 01:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lol, XcessQueen :D

Also, we have a few common interests. Stop by the chat sometime. I'd welcome a nice chat with you.

---------

I personally, don't "slag" (is this a made-up word of slay and ... slug?) others. They don't bother me because they don't have the magnitude of you. This is probably because the first thing I ever read from you was about a fashion article about Freddie and how he was ahead of his time. I thought you were about 13 and acted horribly so. Not that 13 year olds act horribly. There are some rather pleasant ones on here that are good people and will become even better as they come of age.

I've also said nice things to you. You just brush over them. In fact, you probably don't even know they exsist.

I wonder if you've reread your opening statement on that link, and see how ironic it is that you wrote that. It reflects you so well. You've continued it. I would think that if you were tired of it, you wouldn't have the mentality to continue such behavior. I only write something in what you've started because I hope you'll see how ridiculous it is. I gave up a while ago, but you personally came at me or rudely to other people, my friends. In fact, if you will read this particular post. You, Arlene are the first one to throw a flat-out insult ("you idiot", I believe).

"I just noticed something that was similar. woop de doo" If it's so "woop de doo", then why bring it up? I put a similarity thread up once. I got half grilled for it. I didn't like that, realized that my topic was rather silly and moved on. For the general goodwill, I ask of you to please consider this.


*honk* *honk* - Harpo
Justice user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 46 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Apr 05, 06:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll keep my comments about your sanity (or lack thereof) outta this one arlene, but it's misleading to say Eric "Loved" cats. He simply had one, and like most guys it was probably his girlfriend's pet (or her idea to get it) and he probably considered hurling it out the window at least once.