Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Possible Q+PR [LIVE?] album release news

forum rss feed
Author

Oberon62AU user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 29 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 03:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi guys

Dont know if anyone has seen this, but on MusicTap [www.musictap.net] they say that Hollywood Records
has an upcoming title from Queen and Paul Rodgers pencilled in for release on August 30, and a Queen tribute
disc listed for release July 12. This would be the disc that Sum 41 have recorded their version of "Killer Queen" for.
I realize that this doesnt mean anything confirmed about content - or anything really. Just that Hollywood has
got these dates blocked for these releases. Im assuming that the Q+PR one is going to be a live album/DVD.
Cant wait either way.
Cheers

Steve

The King Of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2259 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 07:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

that WOULD be perfectly timed....to come out just before the US tour would take place (according to all I've heard September/October)......interesting!

I'll take you to the Seven Seas of Rhye
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 08:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

why can't it be a studio album? that's what i'm hoping for, but a new live album would also be cool.

Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 08:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

>why can't it be a studio album....

Perhaps because they haven't been into a studio to record new material.........?

Perhaps?

Benn

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 08:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

my question still stands, how do you know they havn't been in the studio? obviously we don't know.

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 09:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes, that would be great.

GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 09:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

before the tour, im positive that Brian said on his site that they really wanted to get something recorded/released before they start touring. but then agian, he said that way before the dates were announced

rachael mae. user not visiting Queenzone.com
i am lush
rachael mae.
Royalty: 1489 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 10:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Somewhere I read that theyd already had some ideas for new songs..

Benny Faye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 19 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 10:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I sure hope they don't do a studio album... even though I'd buy it in a heart beat... I wonder if John would be interested in doing a studio album, since live and in studio are two different things entirely.

Benny Faye because it sounds like Brian May.
Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 10:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bray Studios is a rehearsal studio - therefore, it is aessentially a soundstage similar to those at Shepperton. It's effectively an aircraft hangar where the band can set up their full stage show, including lights in order for the band to work with the set designers and lighting men. Reference the bonus material on the Wembley '86 DVD where the band are at a "rehearsal" studio.....

If the band were doing "studio work", then they would go to a "recording" studio as opposed to a "rehearsal" studio. Two completely different things all together.

We KNOW that they aren't going to release a studio album, because they haven't done any "studio work".

Clear? Good.

Benn

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 16:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

how do you know? i remember hearing from brian that there working on some new sounds.

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would love to hear some new material...just one thought. Irealize Paul will do a bit of the main singing...but PLEASE don't let Paul WRITE anything.

I want Brian & Roger to write everything...and I would like very much for Brian & Roger to sing some tunes as well.

xyz

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 16:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know that's why I want Brian & Roger to WRITE ALL and ANY NEW material/songs.

Roger wrote my very favorite Queen song, These Are The Days Of Our Lives, as well as AKOM, Radio Ga Ga, etc.

Brian wrote aome of my favorites too, Hero, TSMGO, Las Palabras De Amor, Save Me, WWRY, etc.

They are also all that is left of what we know, as the heart & soul of the Original Queen. I can handle Paul filling in for lead vocals as Brian & Roger feel they need him to fill the void left after Freddie's passing. But Brian & Roger are GREAT songwriters, and while Freddie was the most talented and prolific of Queen's songwriters, Roger & Brian were VERY integral and essential to the creative input of Queen, Still Are, and they each wrote and gave Freddie wonderful songs of their own to sing and interpret...which they can do for Paul.

xyz

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 16:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what's wrong with paul's writing? bad company was a lengendary group, and he's also a great singer, is he as good as freddie? no, but who is. from what i heard from their live performces they sound good, so mabe a live album would be worth checking out, but i'm a sucker for a new studio album, obviously i would hope for a couple of unheard freddie tracks mixed with some paul, brian and roger on the rest.

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like some of Paul's songs. esp. Silver, Blue & Gold, Seagull, & Gone, Gone Gone. But I want this album to have the Queen Feel and atmosphere to it...so I want Brian & Roger to do All of the songwriting.

xyz
jericho05 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 677 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am a Paul Rodgers fan as well as a Queen fan and I would hope any studio album would have equal contributions as far as songwriting. Paul can't be a secondary player here! Everyone forgets he is an artist in his own right not just a fill-in singer Brian picked to sing Queen songs. Paul has his own fans as well and for the album to be (commercially) successful he would need to be an integral part!

Shake it Sugaree
AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1358 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 21:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I look forward to a new studio l.p. with these three great artists with new original material written by the three of them but before them I think it is best they go about with a world tour first and hopefully a live release which hopefully is what we are seeing this release date for...I am so excited as if this is the case this really is one of the greatest groups of all time...then again I suppose I already knew that!

Scott_Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 704 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 05, 00:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Agree with Jericho

I hate the fact that Queen is doing anything....yep, I'm one of those bitches that would rather see the legacy put to memory.

But if new material is to happen (dear lord father in heaven, please NO!!!!) then Paul has to help write material.

He can't just stand off to the side yanking his pud.
Besides he gets enough of that in during the live shows.

Having a smoking area in a restaurant is like having a pissing section in a swimming pool
Oberon62AU user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 29 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 05, 04:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Benn wrote:

Bray Studios is a rehearsal studio - therefore, it is aessentially a soundstage similar to those at Shepperton. It's effectively an aircraft hangar where the band can set up their full stage show, including lights in order for the band to work with the set designers and lighting men. Reference the bonus material on the Wembley '86 DVD where the band are at a "rehearsal" studio.....

If the band were doing "studio work", then they would go to a "recording" studio as opposed to a "rehearsal" studio. Two completely different things all together.

We KNOW that they aren't going to release a studio album, because they haven't done any "studio work".

Clear? Good.

Dont know if anyone else chimed in to back you up on this one Benn, but of course Bray Studios can be clearly seen as the rehearsal studio for the Freddie Tribute show. It appears several times in the extras etc.

Steve

Stick Dog user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 09 Apr 05, 15:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

On the Capital Gold Queen Day, David Jensen the DJ who was interviewing Brian and Paul said that he had some exclusive news that new material was being rehearsed? Maybe a studio album isn't just a wish?