Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Hi this is Kikyo's mom...

forum rss feed
Author

Kikyo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 88 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 17:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My daughter Jesse(Kikyo)told me I could write to you guys as long as I write mom after her name.I've been a Queen fan for years and got jesse interested when she was 5 years old. Anyway heres what I've been wanting to ask an opinion on. My favorite Queen video is Its a Hard Life. I've been wanting to have a costume party. (probably halloween) where everyone comes dressed in costumes from the video.I think it would be fun. What do you guys think? Also I wanted to thank Arlene for telling us about the Q and mojo mags being here in the states. we still don't have them in the south yet ,but its good to know some of you are finding them. bye from Kikyo's mom...

Come What May
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think you should be old enough to make up your own mind about a theme for a fancy dress party.

Personally, it's TOGA! TOGA! TOGA! TOGA! all the way for me

djaef user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 887 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 19:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think a "It's a hard Life" theme would be awesome..... if you have a lot of money. Those costumes would cost a fortune.

But they are very classy.

djaef - Queen fan since 1678, after the Dorog concert!
XcessQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 381 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 19:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kikyo wrote:

My daughter Jesse(Kikyo)told me I could write to you guys as long as I write mom after her name.I've been a Queen fan for years and got jesse interested when she was 5 years old. Anyway heres what I've been wanting to ask an opinion on. My favorite Queen video is Its a Hard Life. I've been wanting to have a costume party. (probably halloween) where everyone comes dressed in costumes from the video.I think it would be fun. What do you guys think?

I think - that you're one of the coolest moms in the world. :)

Make your own profile (I suggest: "Kikyo's Mom") and come talk to us more often. :)

Oh, yeah, and you must show us photos from that costume party! :)

Good luck with costumes!

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 05, 20:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kikyo wrote:

My daughter Jesse(Kikyo)told me I could write to you guys as long as I write mom after her name.I've been a Queen fan for years and got jesse interested when she was 5 years old. Anyway heres what I've been wanting to ask an opinion on. My favorite Queen video is Its a Hard Life. I've been wanting to have a costume party. (probably halloween) where everyone comes dressed in costumes from the video.I think it would be fun. What do you guys think? Also I wanted to thank Arlene for telling us about the Q and mojo mags being here in the states. we still don't have them in the south yet ,but its good to know some of you are finding them. bye from Kikyo's mom...

Arlene here well you are very welcome! Try the Independent record stores and book stores rather than the large chain record and book stores. The independent stores seem to be getting the Q/Mojo mags. in 1st. Also great idea about the party. take some photos of the party if you go through with it and post them on queenzone so we can see all the cool costumes!

xyz
Kikyo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 88 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 05, 10:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi again thanks for the in put if the party does happen I will send pictures. from kikyo's mom.....

Come What May
Yogurt user not visiting Queenzone.com
Yogurt
Royalty: 1927 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 05, 17:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thats would be great!

I don't swim in your toilet, so don't pee in my pool!

great king rat 1138 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 756 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 05, 08:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

I think you should be old enough to make up your own mind about a theme for a fancy dress party.

Personally, it's TOGA! TOGA! TOGA! TOGA! all the way for me

Too right PG! It's my 25th next Saturday, and my neighbours are going to get a bit of a fright when our house gets full of drunken fools in bedsheets. My own tribute to Bluto. GATOR!!!!!!!!

However, on a queen-related slant, my wife has bought me an original Flash T-Shirt (as in Play the Game video - Get In!!!)

"I'll probably make loads of plans, and then just sit around on my bottom all day long and do nothing." The Man In The Shadows says it like it is.

http://www.myspace.com/petearnold