Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queen Bood at Rio in 1985?!! IWTBF CUT OUT!

forum rss feed
Author

Gerolamo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Gerolamo
Royalty: 1052 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Apr 05, 19:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So:

The concert we have is said to be from 19-01-1985 but... www.queenconcerts.com says this about that night:

19-01-1985
I Want To Break Free 2:25 (Same lenght as our file)
Comment: Very good audience recording (the bass is too heavy though). The recording contains Rock In Rio Blues, the famous improvisation which was also released on a CD single.

12-01-1985
I Want To Break Free 3:26
Comment: The famous concert where Freddie came with fake boobs for the encore (IWTBF) and the fans didn't appreciate it at all :-)

Undated:
Everything went well that night, until Freddie came on in drag for the encore and sang "I Want To Break Free". It was then that the audience stared to throw rubbish or anything they could get their hands on at the stage. Freddie quickly ripped of his false boobs and carried on. After the show the local people explained that the song "I Want To Break" free had become somewhat of an anthem of liberation for them and they didn't want to see it being 'denigrated'.
(QZ Bigraphy)

So the problem is:

- the length of the file is the same as that one said to be of 19-01-1985
- at queenconcerts there is nothing special about the 19-01-1985 recording but at 12-01-1985 the things happened that are hearable in the recording of iwtbf

So we are a bit confused what is wrong, the date or is our IWTBF edited and cut off as soon as the intro of IWTBF fades in?

Greetings, Rev.

I've included the file:
http://rapidshare.de/files/1215715/iwtbf.mp3.html

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 05, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That Rock In Rio is actually a combination of both nights. Don't believe me? Watch "Now I'm Here" and look very closely at Brian's guitar(s)

*JAZZ* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 240 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Then look closely at his face.ah sooooooo cute..

rock on and peace out.

www.mrbb.net/f2/queen.html VISIT LINDA'S SITE!! (not mine) Lindaofthevalley. :-)
newcastle 86! 16483 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 18:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

IWTBF,this tune always caused trouble for queen, it probably there most politically percieved track,although it had no political content at all! but the video did itself no favours with the press etc, still, any chance to diss them, they jumped straight on that bandwagon

martinjkstones
flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

in an interview bruce dickinson said after queens performance freddie was crying back stage couldn't understand why they bood,

oo la la
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 23:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've got the uncut video of the first night, and there isn't any booing or anything...

And FM certainly didn't rush to take his falsies off.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Scirocco1977 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 533 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 05, 05:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So this is just a myth??

Keep 'em mowing blades sharp!