Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Made in Heaven album.

forum rss feed
Author

Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Apr 05, 09:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After a few solo album's were released after innuendo we were wondering when these unreleased tracks that queen+freddie were working on after innuendo would ever see the light of day and then in late november1995 our prays were answered.
Just before that there was the release of a single of the new album i distinctly remember watching GMTV with brian and roger going on about the new album and the freddie singing from beyond the grave type of thing and when i found out it was heaven for everyone i honestly thought "you bunch of b*****s" all this time waiting and you go and release a old cross sing that we've heard 8 years previous,and i wasn't happy i was hoping for a BRAND new song but when hearing the full story new backing tracks etc and then hearing it made me change my mind.

So then two weeks later "made in heaven" was finally released with a setlist of "made in heaven" "i was born to love you" "TMLWKY" "My life has been saved"and heaven for everyone i thought well heard them before but they've been redone keep an open mind and listen to it and of course the other songs were all new.

A beautiful day starts the album in apprehensive and quite upbeat mood "i feel good and no-one's gonna stop me now" woooo here we go next follows a fantastic version of "made in heaven" redone with a different arrangement and brilliant guitar work making it far superior to fred's version imo.
Let me live again very good song on first airing oh my god freddie then brian and finally roger sing a verse each something different and interesting to listen to typically queen in style and substance.
Mother love just hearing the first few drum beats i knew this was going to be good, freddie's singing on this wonderful song is truly unsurpassed as he delivers the best vocals in many a year just listen to the "i walk so long in this lonely lane"part and the power and delivery would make a great vocal delivery but then realised this guy singing is very sick,dying of aids and to be able to sing like that is nothing short of extraordinary and quite stunning they may have been his last vocals but what a way to sing out your last words The best there is what more can you say.

My life has been saved a good song again redone by the band and it sounds good next i was born to love you again a fantastic version which betters the original with fireworks and freddie going for it like he does.
Heaven for everyone a great track redone to freddie vocals from a cross song done years before gives it new life and If coolios "gangsta's paradise wasn't there a deserved no.1 back in 95
Too much love will kill you with freddie vocals intially i was thinking it would be brian with freddie but alas freddie delivers this song i l iike it but i would much prefer brian's version.
You don't fool me is a stand out track for me catchy rhythm ,catchy na na na na na section one of the best guitar solos i've heard very good track.
A winter's tale fred's last composition gives a nice slow serene feeling to the album kinda of christmassy in lyrics and very worthy of it's number 6 position in dec95.
A beautiful day(reprise) woooo another rocker with a more rockier and upbeat feel to it than the opening version with "seven seas of rhye" mixed in and out giving it what i would think this was the last song on our first album so this is our last song on our last album type of thing.

And that's it until we realise hey another song has started and what follows is a 22 minute track full of keyboards,wind chimes some words from freddie basically "a journey to heaven" which emphatically closes the album, i would have rather had a shorter version but hey some people do like it.

So to sum up the best album in a long time a great follow up to innuendo quite haunting when realising some of the songs titles and freddie's plight put together by his fellow bandmates w

Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

GregM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 141 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 05, 12:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why one topic? They're about different albums -- and clicking on a new topic isn't that difficult, really.

A very nice review, too. It feels good to talk about albums like this again.

Greg

GiantSpider user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 345 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 05, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like Brians version of TMLWKY better than Queen's aswell. Let Me Live & Mother Love are the best tracks on that album.

James

dragonzflame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2456 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 05, 18:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To be honest, I'd quite enjoy reading these (I like hearing people's opinions on albums) if they were actually readable. Some grammar and punctuation would go a really long way. Just a thought.

When life hands you lemons, add vodka.
Hitman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2217 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 05, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes i like this kind of intelligent personal reviews. No need to say my point of views about the song it's just interesting to read a whole good review.
thank you for sharing your opinion :)

Anything too stupid to be said... is sung.
lasparri user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 05:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think that the "Made in heaven" albumd should have never been released.

First of all they changed songs that Freddie had written years before not wanting to be queen songs but Freddie's solo songs. They not only included these songs but also changed them abviously without permission.

Sencondly, when Freddie died Roger said that Freddie had left some songs recorded befor dying but that they would never release them, which they didn't fulfil.

In addition to this, Brian had been selling lots of album thanks to Too much love will kill you, allowing people to believe that the song was composed to Freddie, whereas the song had been already sung by Freddie as we see in the album.

The truth is that John Deacon is showing an admirable behaviour with regards to Freddie's death whilst Brian and Roger just want to earn more and more money.

Lasparri

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 12:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lasparri wrote:

I think that the "Made in heaven" albumd should have never been released.

First of all they changed songs that Freddie had written years before not wanting to be queen songs but Freddie's solo songs. They not only included these songs but also changed them abviously without permission.

Sencondly, when Freddie died Roger said that Freddie had left some songs recorded befor dying but that they would never release them, which they didn't fulfil.

In addition to this, Brian had been selling lots of album thanks to Too much love will kill you, allowing people to believe that the song was composed to Freddie, whereas the song had been already sung by Freddie as we see in the album.

The truth is that John Deacon is showing an admirable behaviour with regards to Freddie's death whilst Brian and Roger just want to earn more and more money.

You obviously haven't watched 'Champions of the world' video then have you cause if you had brian may clearly states that after innuendo freddie was living on borrowed time and he clearly says "get me to sing anything anything you can so you have enough material to go in with",that tells me freddie didn't just sing for the fun of it he obviously wanted it down for eventual release.

With regards to TMLWKY freddie tried out the song during 'miracle sessions' and the band must have thought why not put it on the album being very aware to fill the album with as much of freddie's vocal as they could.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 14:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

good album, to me holds a special place, TMLWKY (queen version) is light years better than brians solo version, a winter's tale is a favorite and obviously mother love is great. overall i would put MIH in the top ten. it's hard to compare MIH with their early stuff because queen were always a fun time band, but for obviouse reason's the last two were much more serious. Made in heaven was the perfect way to end the queen legacy, a perfect tribute from the surviving members of queen.

lasparri user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 05, 04:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To Brenda,

Yes, I knew this. But I also know that Freddie had recorded Made in Heaven and I was born to love you, in 1985 and he didn't want them to belong to queen.

It is been miserable the attitude og the records company since when they released the Freddie Mercury solo Album they didn't include these two songs which were the best that Freddie had composed. Suspicious....don't you think?

The truth is that everything was planned. The two songs would be included in a queen new album that otherwise wouldn't have had enough material to do an album.

Don't you admire john Deacon?
I do, he is against this farce. Queen finished when Freddie died. He was the best and most talented of the group, without him the band has no sense.

Regards.

Lasparri

Posted: 14 Apr 05, 07:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I do do admire john deacon for his contribution to the best band ever and i also respect him for his wish to retire,but i also understand the need for bri and rog to get out there again very talented duo of queen with obviously still a lot to give.

regards brenda.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

GregM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 141 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 05, 08:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John Deacon was actively involved in the "Made In Heaven" album and supported it whole-heartedly. It is an absolutely beautiful album, too, and I'm very glad they made it for us, and to honor Freddie.

Greg

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 05, 14:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

this guy is nuts, will people please stop crying about nonsense, to the wannabe who say's deacon didn't support MIH, may i remind you sir, MR. deacon played on made in heaven and did a great job on it. only on the queenzone forums do you find these crazy queen fans, actually john and roger were the first at starting the process of making that album.

GiantSpider user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 345 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 05, 14:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is not neccisarily true that Freddie didn't want IWBTLY & MIH to be Queen songs. Rogers '84 album Strange Frontier was comprosed of some songs that QUEEN did not want. Not songs that Roger didn't want to be Quenn songs.

James

FreDRicca_MeRcUrY user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 307 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 05, 21:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its definitely top 10 overall albums, there are days when i wake up and find myself singing "its a beautiful day, the sun is shining I feel good, and No one's gonna stop me now" to start the day, call my crazy i like fred's version of TMLWKY but i prefer brian's live version from the tribute concert! Mother Love OMG as freddie would say in 1 of his CD of his box set FUCKING FABULIOUS, a winter's tale is my FAVE though there is something about that song people think i'm nuts because i'm in my car at a red light with the tape just blaring singing like the world is gonna end!!!!:-)

"I'm a wild flower. Somtimes looking quite wonderful in a collection of arrangement but also beautiful when standing alone.

Posted: 15 Apr 05, 05:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for all your replies guys and gals it's well appreciated.

If you want a review of a any queen album please let me know and i'll be only too glad to help,i grew up with queen like many others around and on here and sharing my experience of buying a album at a particular time takes me back in time when i was younger and totally absorbed with queen.

Once again thanks for the positive feedback.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

Freddie F user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 53 posts

Posted: 18 Apr 05, 10:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The album is good, really. The remaining 3 guys did a great job, even if I think they had better things to put on it ("Dog With A Bone", "Self-Made Man"...). I'm not sure whether Brian was really enthusiastic about this project at the beginning: I read some interviews at the time of the sessions where he clearly talked about arguing with John and Roger, who began the job without him. Anyway, he shone through the album, his solos, his guitar parts... But Freddie was the true star of MIH, of course.

Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts

Posted: 18 Apr 05, 10:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WORST. QUEEN ALBUM. EVER.

You know, good times are now.
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 18 Apr 05, 10:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hahah to those who think he didn't want this stuff released.

Lemme get this straight : he sung a song called "Show must go on", and made added lyrics like 'I'll face it with a grin, I'm never giving in'... yet you obviously met him after he changed his mind and said 'music is for chumps, and I don't want this released after all'.

Uh-huh. What a retard you are.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 18 Apr 05, 12:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Never their worst album hot space will forever hold that honour.

BHM0271 Why do you think it's their worst? let's have your opinion on it?

Yes we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

bohemian 11513 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1347 posts

Posted: 18 Apr 05, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They did a hell of a job completing "Made in Heaven"... I like this recording very much due to great songs like Mother Love, A Winters Tale or Let Me Live. But I allways had wished that they had "closed" the album with a song like "No One But You" instead of a "hidden Track 13". That, to me, would have been a perfect finish to their "legacy"...

Shoot for the moon... even if you fail you will land among the stars!