Bohemian: 141 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 07:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

**Wed 12 Apr 05**
TOUR EVENTUALLY TO LAND IN US

Washington Times
 Long live the Queen
12 April 2005

The British rockers of Queen are in full swing, with singer Paul Rodgers filling in for the late Freddie Mercury.

The band recently brought its new act to London's Brixton Academy, the warm-up for a 32-date tour of Europe.

"It really all came about because of the Fender 50th anniversary gig that I did with Paul Rodgers," guitarist Brian May said of the reunion.

"We were both so amazed at the chemistry that was going on in 'All Right Now' that suddenly it seemed blindingly obvious that there was something happening here."

That special "something" will land eventually in the U.S., according to the band's publicist, but no word yet on a timeline.

The British rockers of Queen are in full swing, with singer Paul Rodgers filling in for the late Freddie Mercury.

The band recently brought its new act to London's Brixton Academy, the warm-up for a 32-date tour of Europe.

"It really all came about because of the Fender 50th anniversary gig that I did with Paul Rodgers," guitarist Brian May said of the reunion.

"We were both so amazed at the chemistry that was going on in 'All Right Now' that suddenly it seemed blindingly obvious that there was something happening here."

That special "something" will land eventually in the U.S., according to the band's publicist...

(article goes on to say that there's no word yet on a timeline for when).

GregM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 141 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 07:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oops -

Posted the article twice (although I think the site did, too)

Greg

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 08:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmmmm....:-)

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin how much do you think the tickets will cost here in the States? I'm hoping they won't be as much here as they are in Europe. I plan to see as many as I can all over!! I guess I'll be sleeping in your backyard when they come to the Carolinas!!! You can stay with me when they come to Cincinnati!! You too Dan!!!!

:)

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If they do come, I have a feeling the tix will be 45-100 depending on the location, I seen worse acts charge more.

MY GOD spell it write.
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 13:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstüssyb wrote:

If they do come, I have a feeling the tix will be 45-100 depending on the location, I seen worse acts charge more.

I think if they charge more than $50 they will be pushing their luck, but unfortunately I think you may be right. Since they have not played the US in so long they should not make the mistake of overpricing their tickets.

There is a soundclip on the Queen & Paul Rodgers website talking about whether they will play America or not.

http://www.queenpluspaulrodgers.com/

Then goto Audio / Video

The Stealer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 13:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ticket price will depend on the venue size..Don't be surprised if you see the best seats over $100. They most like will not have General Admission (standing) tickets. I think the average price for ticket is going to be around $60.00 which seems to be the going rate for "classic rock" acts. I have a feeling though I am going to have to pay a ticket tout to get a seat any where near the stage--then my cost will be $200+ per show.

Erin

I don't think they would be under $50.. I'm really hoping they will play places that are general admission, cause as I'm sure y'all know it's damn near impossible to get good seats for anything.

And Lisser, I think we could do better than the backyard! We do have a shed..(j/k) ;-)

Lisser

i guess that is fair. I paid $89 for floor seats to take Cameron to Britney. I def think Queen + PR is worth more than that but I don't want to pay that!!! hahahaha!!

I'm going to get the best seats available of course. I don't think it will be any problem to get them in the States. What do you think Willie poo? Also, I'll be staying with you and your wife in Michigan ok?

;) hubba hubba

NJ!!!

Erin

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 13:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If it's general admission, I'm sure we will all be front row. :-)

PieterMC

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 13:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If they charge too much they will be playing to half empty venues. I can't see general admission happening myself, but you never know.

I have seen crazy prices for other "classic rock" acts.

21st Century Doors - $123
The Eagles - $175

I just hope that they don't get carried away and try and charge prices like that.

Erin

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 13:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You better save up those days off work, Pieter. That's all I have to say..;-)

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think tickets will be more difficult to obtain than we may all realise. Let's hope for a fan club or QOL pre-sale...which does not guarantee the best seats..ticket touts, radio stations, corporations (for a fee) get the best seats in the states. Hopefully there will be some "gold circle" seats that are usually in the first 20 rows for a premium fee- I would be willing to pay it- even still the promoters, touts, radio stations, etc snatched those up too. Just about everyone I know who has had good seats to any show around here obtained them from these sources- NOT on a regular sale. RUSH, KISS and AEROSMITH as an example- have very powerful or "connected" fan clubs that can somehow negotiate to with promoters and Band to make available decent seats for shows to their paying members. I don't think OIQFC will have that pull over here- you may get tickets, but not access to the best tickets.

PieterMC

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 14:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Compliance Queen - I agree. Getting decent tickets in the US is hard.

Erin

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Did the OIQFC really do anything in the way of helping members in Europe get tickets?

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

With the exchange rate my tickets for the UK shows were 110.00 dollars including fees per show.

I agree I hope they don't charge more than that-since they have not toured over here in over 20 years. But as a point of reference over the past few years.

KISS/Aerosmith 125
Paul McCartney 175
Def Leppard 50
Rush 62
Bad Company/Peter Frampton/Journey $65
Styx/Billy Squire $60
Duran Duran'05 $75.00
TobyKeith/Ted Nuegent $60.00
Chicago/Earth Wind Fire $70.00

But aren't we getting ahead of ourselves? We don't even know if they are even coming over here!! ;-)

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 14:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin- OIQFC sent out a mailer to all members that gave a phone # to call for tickets on a pre-sale date. You needed your OIQFC number to order tickets over the phone. The pre-sale was one day before the Queen Online Sale which was three or 4 days before the General Public Sale (Jan 22). We wanted seats (I am old) they are really crappy seats IMHO considering we bought on the very first possible day.

Thankfully- we learned of the pre-sale from wegotit and we contancted the OIQFC directly for information- which we received via email. Luckily I am on the internet enough to learn of these things ahead of time.

PieterMC

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very rarely do pre-sales ever help you get better seats.

Lisser

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think all the bands that have been mentioned in comparing ticket prices with what Queen + PR might be were all more popular in the States than Queen was. Queen was not very popular. Although many people liked WWRY, WATC, and Borhap, they did not like the band Queen.

Sad but true. Erin, I'll take the shed but can you please get all spiders and snakes out first? Save them for Geeks!!!!!

;)

NJ!!!

Queen T user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 05, 14:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes general admission would be great if there are many venues left like that over here...I think I can stand in line another 7+ hours like I did for the Paris show to be at the very front practically able to touch Brian and Paul...it was the most amazing experience. And converting Euros to Dollars, we paid well over $100 and it was more than worth it...