Forums > Queen - General Discussion > The Mercury man by Mary Howis has anyone every read it?

forum rss feed
Author

Aisha Sweetness user not visiting Queenzone.com
Aisha Sweetness
Bohemian: 458 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Apr 05, 11:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just came accross a book on the net that i've never heard of and was wondering if anyone on the forum ever read it.It sounds bizare... This women Mary Howis claims that The spirit of Freddie communicates with her and that she has been chosen for a specail mission to be an instrument for the spirit world and that freddie wants to let us know that there is much more after this life and this is proof that there is life after death.She says she knew she was destined to write this book even though she knew she would be ridiculed for telling freddies story, but that she wrote it in the hope it would bring some comfort and hope to those who are suffering nad greiving for freddie and loved ones. I am intruiged and am going to buy the book, but has anyone read it and what are your views??

This lady is also holding free public lectures in St Johns hall in Penzance Cornwall on the 30th of April and 1st of May. This is the site i got the info on www.mysticfayre.co.uk/speakermaryhowis.htm someone from queenzone should attend to see what she has to say...........

~You call me sweet like i'm some kind of cheese~

www.myspace.com/aishasweetness

www.myspace.com/eathamsandwich
Fairy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 902 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 05, 12:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gee! Since I too had some spiritual contact with Freddie in the past I'll certainly contact her somehow!!! Then maybe she'll be able to confirm to me if my experiences were real or not. Unless....she is a fake.

Thanks

Fairy

“If the house crumbles... I’ll just build it again”

King Freddie

http://miracleblog.queenzone.com/
AC user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1838 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 05, 13:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fairy, if I remember correcly what the book is about, you better not contact the author... only wasted time.

That time will come, one day you'll see that i'll be dead and you will laugh!
flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 05, 14:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yea i was wondering if the book was any good,

oo la la

Posted: 14 Apr 05, 14:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks AC. I don't want to contact a freak! Could you tell me more? Why do you think she's not worth being contacted? I mean the fact she's in contact with the spirit world is questionable as all metaphysical experiences are, but are there other reasons why you don't like her?

Thank you.

Fairy

King Freddie

Posted: 14 Apr 05, 17:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Guys, I just found this review on the book by Mary Howis, written by a psychic. I guess AC is right...

"I first met Mary in 1991 at a spiritualist meeting and have made contact with Freddie Mercury many times since. I have no doubt at all that it’s him sending
Mary all these messages and poems. The fact that someone who was a huge superstar should communicate from spirit is not surprising or unusual. “Ordinary”
mortals do this when they pass over, so why not so-called “stars”? From what I have heard from this spirit he is not interested in Freddie Mercury, the
celebrity. He believes he wasted his life and now wants to get the message across that the spirit world is all around us. He realises that giving his name
will add clout to that message and make people listen....."

If Freddie is really watching us from the spirit world - and I believe it - why should he feel he has wasted his time on Earth? Especially considering the thousands, or millions of people his music has helped and made happy!! He may have regrets like anybody else, but if his spirit is trying to tell us he has wasted his life....it's not really worth reading it. Sounds like this lady won't be the one who can solve my dilemmas about my own experiences SIGH. He was a "sinner" :-) but he also had strong values like friendship and love, he helped millions and suffered the fires of hell on Earth...Doesn't sound like him at all to me. It just sounds like someone using the popular image of Freddie the sinner (the fucker!) now giving out spiritual messages, just to sell books...

AyC when you have time please tell us more about the book, if you have read it.

Thanks!

Fairy

King Freddie

Posted: 14 Apr 05, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

queen4ever2 wrote:

I didn't get many responses when I asked this question. I want to buy the book. I had an experience, but I'll keep it to myself...noone will believe me anyway.

I would believe you. I had "experiences" for many years. Unfortunately now not anymore. I think we will never be 100% certain these experiences are real, because these things are larger than us and we are so skeptical we will never believe them fully, not even when our physical world is actually changed by the spirit, as it happened to me once - only once. I keep an open door, without being obsessed by it. All I know is that these experiences have made me extremely happy, and their memory still does.

I just think this lady may not be what we're looking for. But I haven't read the book yet.
Fairy

King Freddie

Aisha Sweetness

Posted: 15 Apr 05, 05:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK GUYS I HAVE PURCHASED THE BOOK AND WILL REVIEW IT WHEN I HAVE FINISHED IT,I'D SAY SHE IS USING FREDDIE AS A METAPHOR TO GET A MESSAGE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO BE GOD LOVING/FEARING PEOPLE AND LIVE OUR LIFES BETTER...WELL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE HOW COOKIE/GENUINE THIS LADY IS XXXX

bigc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 353 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 05, 11:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

as genuine as a fraud

Posted: 15 Apr 05, 11:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow Aisha Sweetness, you got the book already? I'll wait for your opinion before contacting her and telling her personal stuff. Thanks!

Bigc: have you read the book? I'm very curious.

Fairy

King Freddie

Posted: 15 Apr 05, 11:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

no im just a professional cynic.

Posted: 15 Apr 05, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rabid Wolverine wrote:

Fairy, I know people have given you real shit about these metaphysical experiences but I know what ya mean man, I';ve also had the same sort of feeling at times just out of no where for no reason that I can really pinpoint, but it's happened.

Wow! Thanks soooo much for your message! Glad I'mnot alone. My experiences were real...though we must be skeptical. And I know I sure can't be the only one he is near to!

Fairy

King Freddie

Posted: 15 Apr 05, 12:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bigc wrote:

no im just a professional cynic.

LOL

King Freddie

Aisha Sweetness

Posted: 15 Apr 05, 13:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Only ordered the book but it's on it's way fairy should have it in a week or two. xxx dont know why she's giving lectures now, after all the book was published in 1994.

Posted: 15 Apr 05, 13:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aisha Sweetness wrote:

Only ordered the book but it's on it's way fairy should have it in a week or two. xxx dont know why she's giving lectures now, after all the book was published in 1994.

cant have done that well then.lol

Posted: 16 Apr 05, 06:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wasn't it published in 2004? I just ordered it. It will take a couple of weeks to get here too. I read more reviews. It sounds like she's honest but there doesn't seem to be much evidence that it is really Freddie, except for her meeting with Peter Freestone to whom she gave a message from Freddie. She and Peter became friends, so maybe if Peter didn't think she was a fake, that may mean something... What do you guys think?

I'll write to her if I find the book truthful.
Fairy

King Freddie

Aisha Sweetness

Posted: 16 Apr 05, 09:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry i read an article about her wrong and thought it was pubilshed in 1994 not 2004 my mistake....Cant believe that she claims freddie has met up with John Lennon!!!She says that there are lots of things in the book which do not make sence to her and she's hoping those who read the book might be able to answer the riddles...interesting....
And the message she had to give to peter freestone (pheobe) that repaired the rift which troubled the pair before freddie's death????,cant wait to hear about that.xx

good old fashioned lovergirl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 37 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 05, 11:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

if you think she's wierd then read this

http://homepages.enterprise.net/sylv/INDEX.TTM

this woman needs to see a doctor, it makes interesting reading though!

'when i'm dead, who cares? i don't!' FM
good old fashioned lovergirl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 37 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 05, 11:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sorry got it wrong im useless with computers lol

http://homepages.enterprise.net/sylv/INDEX.HTM

'when i'm dead, who cares? i don't!' FM
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 05, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QZ I do believe in the possibility of the spirit world, unexplained phenomena...but this lady is plain flat out out a scam, con artist and I don't like her using Freddie and his name and or "spirit" to line her wallet. I read this stuff and it's a joke. Only I'm not laughing.

What a looney bird!

xyz