Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Basel song excerpts

forum rss feed
Author

Chaka user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 143 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Apr 05, 01:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Has anyone else listened to the audio from Basel and noticed the little snippets of other songs that Brian keeps putting in here and there? Besides the obvious "Brighton Rock" in the guitar solo, I hear "White Man" just before Fat Bottomed Girls, what sounds like a bit of "Star Fleet" at the end of Roger's drum solo, and the middle section of "Get Down Make Love" at the beginning of "A Kind Of Magic." I think it's a pretty cool way of Brian acknowledging the vast Queen catalogue and giving a nod to the hardcore fans who'll recognize the less popular material.

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 05, 02:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sounds great!

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 05, 02:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The White Man and GDML bits are also in the Milano recording from the 5th (and perhaps Rome and Barcelona too..??). Great stuff!

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
We Are The Champions user not visiting Queenzone.com
We Are The Champions
Bohemian: 879 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 05, 11:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've got this recording and you're dead right! Would love to hear White Man. Hasn't been played for years....but I guess Brian has thrown them in there as some sort of acknowledgement for the die hard fans....try and spot as many as you can. I'll be keeping my ears glued when they hit Cardiff!

Think Star Fleet was included after One Vision and before Tie Your Mother Down on the Magic Tour '86 if I remember! Crafty little bugger.

We all of us deeply apologise for this god forsaken shit heap of a building...but we will make it rock.

Brian May Wembley Pavilion 11.05.05.
Chaka user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 143 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 05, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yep, Star Fleet at the end of One Vision and the Liar riff at the beginning of Tear It Up were regular Magic Tour bits. Brian seems fond of doing this sort of thing.

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 05, 11:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"The White Man and GDML bits are also in the Milano recording from the 5th (and perhaps Rome and Barcelona too..??). Great stuff!"

Brian has been playing the White Man intro before Fat bottomed girls since his Another world tour.
and i think the Get Down Make Love bits are just some peoples imaginations

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 05, 11:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thats not starfleet ofcourse. It's just a ascending scale that is also used in starfleet, and in thousands of other songs.

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 17 Apr 05, 15:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FriedChicken<br><font size=1>The Almighty</font> wrote:

"The White Man and GDML bits are also in the Milano recording from the 5th (and perhaps Rome and Barcelona too..??). Great stuff!"

Brian has been playing the White Man intro before Fat bottomed girls since his Another world tour.
and i think the Get Down Make Love bits are just some peoples imaginations

I know that about White Man, but the effects Brian uses before A Kind Of Magic are definitely the same effects he used on Get Down Make Love, and no other song.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
[ Wybren™ ] user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 17 Apr 05, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The drums at the beginning of Feel Like Making Love in Barcelona (0:14; one of the official downloads) sound like the beginning of Innuendo...

[ Ahoy' Rotterdam, April 26th ]|[ Rhein Energie Stadion Köln, Juli 6th ]|[ Gelredome Arnhem, July 10th ]