Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > To all those travelling to English gigs- QUEENZONE meetings?

forum rss feed
Author

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Apr 05, 07:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I started thinking about and organising the transport from place to place (trains, buses) and started wandering. Is anyone else going to all the gigs? I'm personally not going to Newcastle, I start in Manchester, but than all the stuff till Wembley... Is there any "touring" group? :) Or someone going from London to either Manchester, Birmingham or Sheffield...? Or from Birmingham to Cardiff? Some kind of Royal family anywhere...? Would be nicer to travel in a group. :) And if someone had a space in a car... ;)
PS
What's better (cheaper that is ;) )- rail or National Express?

The Stealer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 18 Apr 05, 09:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My friend and I are flying in from US and are going Newcastle through Wembley. We are taking the train-we bought a 8 day flex pass (I think you can only get them outside the US). I would go with train if you can do it. Did most of the Roger tour in 1999 on a National Express bus pass. It was a really gruelling, confining and took twice as long to get from city to city- it is cheaper but...comfort,conveinence, traffic jams ..??

Atomic Dog user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 46 posts

Posted: 18 Apr 05, 10:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi All

Flying in from Los Angeles to see the Boys.
We are going to Birmingham, Cardiff, Sheffeild, and Wimbley. This should be very exciting to see them in England. I had seen them over 25 times in the states and look foreard to the seeing them at home. Also, I agree with many of the people on the post, MORE PAUL SINGING!!!

Cheers

Posted: 19 Apr 05, 07:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well- there you go, I just found out that I can go anywhere by National Express for 20 pounds Return ticket! I don;'t mind travelling for 1-2 extra hours :)
NOW- we (queenzoners) should have meetings before gigs, shouldn't we? :) The ones who see few gigs and the ones seeing only a selected one- would be really cool to experience it in a larger group in some pub or sth, right :)
Any thoughts?

GregM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 141 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 05, 08:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll be flying into Birmingham from Pittsburgh and arriving early in the morning the day of the show, but anyone who wants to get together that day is welcome to contact me...It'd be fun, and if you've got standing tickets, we could get in line together. I'll probably end up getting in the queue around three or so.

That's the only show I can afford to go to during this leg of the tour (no more personal days left until next year...but they'll come in handy for a US leg, if it happens!) I'm CONSIDERING flying back out for the Hyde Park concert in July...The only wild card is money.

Getting close, people!

Greg

Posted: 19 Apr 05, 08:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

C'mon- let's have some more! :)

I've got a standing one for Birmingham as well. All I need to find out is where the heck is the venue ;)

Posted: 19 Apr 05, 08:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek,

I'm staying at the Crowne Plaza NEC, which is just a fourth of a mile from the NEC Arena. Kinda pricy, but worth it considering how close it is!

Greg

Posted: 19 Apr 05, 09:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And, hey, it's not every day I get to visit England...I'm going to live it up a little...

Greg

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 05, 10:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wish I could go too Greg!! I work in the school districts too. I am a 12 month employee though. I get more vacation days/sick days/personal days July 1.

Are you having State testing right now?

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

queenfan7474 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 46 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 05, 10:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i'm flying in from new york and going to b'ham and cardiff.staying at the nec crowne plaza also.i rented a car because the train schedules didnt work out for me.i'm going to cream at royal albert hall also.i'll see you all there.

Headlong24 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 62 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 05, 13:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes I will also be attending the show in Birmingham, Me and my brother will be flying out of New York. Were also staying at the Crowne Plaza, so yeah lets make it a plan to meet up, I also have standing tickets so I plan on getting there early, I'm getting up front and as soon as the band launches into TYMD I'M GOING NUTS, just wanted to warn eveybody!!!

Play The Game

Posted: 19 Apr 05, 13:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser and Headlong -- Let's get together and stay in touch until then! I've discovered that even though I'm arriving early (around 10 AM), I can't check into my hotel room until 2pm...So I'll just have them hold my luggage, get some lunch, and head over to get in line, probably. Maybe we could meet in the lobby and all head over together?

Lisser -- no testing at the moment. We had PSSAs a few weeks back. A real pain in the butt!

Greg

Posted: 19 Apr 05, 13:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry - Queenfan and Headlong, I mean! Sorry you won't be there, Lisser. Still, the US tour should bring hope.

Posted: 19 Apr 05, 14:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sounds like a plan Greg!!!, Were actually flying into london, and taking a train to Birmingham. Because we plan on staying in London a few days as well, you know to see the sites. So we will probably arrive around 12noon at the hotel. Yeah so the plan would be check our bags and get some food and then head over to the gig. Im 100% sure we can walk there from the hotel.

Play The Game
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 05, 17:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WARNING: Fenderek is dangerous and should not be approached....

Posted: 19 Apr 05, 18:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why is he dangerous????Would anyone like to share.

Play The Game
Mcm user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 205 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 05, 19:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm going to all the gigs except Manchester and will be driving from venue to venue. As i live in Reading (40 miles west of London), I'll probably head home after the Birmingham and Cardiff shows. As for the others, probably £40 a night travellodges which are scattered around the country.

Posted: 19 Apr 05, 21:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Headlong,

Sounds great. Let's do it!

Guru -- Explain!

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18616 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 05, 22:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Headlong24 wrote:

Why is he dangerous????Would anyone like to share.

Methinks he's joking.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 20 Apr 05, 03:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

WARNING: Fenderek is dangerous and should not be approached....

Great- now you scared them ;)