Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Review + setlist Antwerp

forum rss feed
Author

Mercury-Alive user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 107 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Apr 05, 17:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please tell me what did they play on the Antwerp show? Any new songs?
I hope so!

Please bring the Queenboxes to my home
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 05, 17:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dude, when do you think they have time to REHEARSE new songs. You have to rehearse them. And they play a lot of shows, and in the 1 day break they have to travel. There is no time for rehearsals. Maybe during the 1 month break before the June and July gigs

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Mercury-Alive user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 20 Apr 05, 17:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dude, If they play new songs is always possible.
Did they rehearse for Long Away.
The answer is simpley and short: NO
Please put a review not this boring information

Please bring the Queenboxes to my home
Lennart Heim user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 20 Apr 05, 17:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

calm down dude....

i think FriedChicken is right... they need to rehearse before they are going to play any new songs.

brian played just a small part of long away, it wasnt the entire song with the band.

I am the one the only one, just gimme the prize!
Shane Jazz user not visiting Queenzone.com
Shane Jazz
Bohemian: 687 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 05, 17:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with both sides...It definitely requires some rehearsing in order to introduce a new song properly. But I have the same exact reaction every time a new show is played. I rush to read the setlist, too, just in case a new one is added. So I understand completely where WJansen is coming from.

Man Made Paradise
bokkepoot user not visiting Queenzone.com
bokkepoot
Royalty: 1941 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 05, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

just back from the concert....and no new songs
As far as I have seen, there is no change in the setlist.
It was anyway a very good show with almost no failures.

Atheïst user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 78 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 05, 19:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi, just back from Antwerp too, it was indead the same setlist. It was a very good show. Anyone who did not see them live before will certainly listen differently to the music afterwards. I myself did not realize how heavy Queen really are, and the empty stool during loml is a very special thing.

Furthermore kick-ass lighting and a kick-ass bass-player. Really good. Also Roger is still very impressive, and an even better drummer than I thought. He was beating the shit out of those drums!

Also Paul Rodgers really is a great singer, with a very strong voice.

A real recommendation to anyone!

Treasure Moment: Best band on earth second to Queen

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Freddie Mercury - God of Music
Gezelle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 26 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 05, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A great show indeed! During TATDOOL, the tears were coming in my eyes, it was on the one hand such a beautiful song (and beautifully performed!), on the other hand it was so sad thinking of "what could have been if..."

I almost got a drumstick from Roger, too bad he didn't throw it a meter further into the audience :-)

Also too bad that both VRT and VTM (the two major Flemish TV channels) only interviewed people who didn't like it, and did nothing but complaining that "it's not the same anymore"... Well, didn't they know that before they went? Did they expect Freddie to be the singer or what??? I think Paul deserves much more than that, he does a good job, technically he's superb! The only thing I didn't like, is that the songs don't "flow" like they used to, he interrupts them in some way (hope you know what I mean...)

After all, I'm very glad I went, and that finally I got to see some of my heroes! Especially Roger singing "I'm in love with my car" was so thrilling!!!

Hope to catch them again in Köln in July!

You never had the things you thought you should have had

And you'll not get them now

And all the while in perfect time, your tears are falling on the ground
justanoldfan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 25 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 05, 19:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was great and Roger came very close to playing a solo on drums :-)

Knute user not visiting Queenzone.com
Knute
Bohemian: 807 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 05, 23:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Someone on QOL said that Feel Like Makin' Love was re-introduced.

So I take it that person was high?

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 05, 02:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"AFTER 'God Save The Queen', the first five minutes or so of Track 13 were played, before fading it."

That's on every show.

So was Feel Like Makin' Love played or not? And I DON'T mean the playback (tape) version before each concert.

Gerolamo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Gerolamo
Royalty: 1052 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 05, 02:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok, first of all the sound in the Sportspalais was a bit crappy but I managed to record the whole concert tho it has way too much bass. Ill see what I can do about that and mayb Ill upload it.

Second they played all regular songs, but:
- Track 13 Intro was left out and they played it's a beautiful day instead
- They played a track against AIDS and for the fight against it by Nelson Mandela (Say It's Not True, sang by Roger)

I can post some more if I get the bootleg, oh and Brian made a small mistake in Love of My Life :(

Ps: The seats were crappy too!!!

bbb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 13 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 05, 02:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The version of Feel Like Makin' Love they play before the concert is by Hayseed Dixee and is frim the album Let There Be Rockgrass. It's a great album..Fat Bottomed Girls is also on it.

First concert May 24th 1977
willem-jan 8923 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 818 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 05, 03:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Scully: Feel like making love WAS played.

mr bad guy 5656 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 143 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 05, 04:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhh!!!

This was awesome. Absolutely fabulous!!!
Brian was genius, Roger very much 'in shape' while Paul was giving it all.

The band enjoyed it very much I think. The crowd was absolutely going out of his mind. Nearly every word of every song was sung along. How wonderful, Queen is still alive.

The tribute to Freddie was very much ok, very beautiful but not kitschy or whatever. The roofjoke was hilarious. Hihi!

I love this band

ps: love of my life was probably the show's highlight...

guest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 19 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 05, 04:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I disagree about the crowd. During the show it was as if they were attending a classical concert. Only cheering and clapping when the band showed them how to do it ! Crowd in Barcelona MUCH better, now wait till you see Rotterdam !!

Rien user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2204 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 05, 05:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Having seen Brixton and Paris, the latest shows seems to be near perfection right now. I already heard that Frankfurt was fantastic. So, a great show, lots of use of the catwalk, a lot of pretty lights and real improvement of the performance in all. Brian sang '39 but in this song he stopped after the first verse and then explained the song. He shouldn't have done that I think, but just perform the song.
I've uploaded some pics on my site from this Antwerp concert.

Feel free to visit my site - http://www.mercuryparadise.com

(Come into my life, it's a MercuryParadise)
DOOL user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 05, 05:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I loved every second of the concert. I was lucky enough to stand about 3 meters from the stage :-)

I don't know about the rest of the crowd, since I didn't notice anything around me going on... although at the end of the concert I noticed that the people who where sitting in the rings looked as if they didn't move at all....

And anybody who is complaining it is not the same as when Freddie was still amongst us: No of course not.. but Paul did a great job in his performance.

Hank H. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 05, 06:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What is this about Brian and the mistake in LOML. He obviously makes this mistake in every show. Is it that difficult to play for a guitarist? Don't think so. Strange.

"I'm a great believer in actually NOT giving people what they want"

Brian May, 11 March 05
Sunshine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 191 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 05, 07:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He did made a mistake. During the the end of the classical solo he made a small mistake. I also noticed a mistake in the fast solo of I Want It All. It shows his humanity and makes the rest more impressive.

Paul Rodgers was indeed singing not the right melodies and that was annoying me. He was showing off his vocal capabilities and that's not the issue in this show. He should have sung the songs decently and cut out the crap with that bluesy shit.

I was impressed, but the version of Crazy Little Thing Called Love was soooooo lame!!! Come on, the played like it was the 1000000th time. No enthousiasm at all. And to be honest....I still don't like the Paul Rodgers persona with his Botox face, highly tanned skin, sportschool body and fake hair. What a laughter, but he can sing! And that's what counts.

You ain't seen nothing 'till your down on the muffin...;)