David Lee Rocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 207 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Apr 05, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Which do you prefer?

David Lee Roth or Spammy Haggis?

Discuss...

THE SHEEP PEN - FUCK YEH!

GOING TO SAVE THE MOTHERFUCKING DAY YEH!

DWELLING ON THE PAST AIN'T THE WAY YEH!

RODGERS HATERS, YOUR GAME IS THROUGH

CAUSE NOW YOU'LL HAVE TO
wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 05, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

David
1984 was the best rock CD for such a long time (IMO) Panama, hot for the teacher, Jump
then Running with devil, he's quite a show man, too bad he looks horrible now.

MY GOD spell it write.

Posted: 23 Apr 05, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He doesn't look horrible, not since he got his hair cut, anyways. He looks good and healthy these days. His voice has gone a bit, but he's, what? 51 now? Still a good frontman, and still drinks about 10 bottles of Jack Daniels on stage each night!

It's Dave Or The Grave, folks, to hell with Hagar.

CAUSE NOW YOU'LL HAVE TO

Posted: 23 Apr 05, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have not seen him in a few years. But when he did come on stage with the originals back at the awards he looked really bad, not the kinda guy that can get pretty easy like he did back in the 80's. I do like his solo CD, skyscraper, just like paradice is a great song, so was he remakes, calinfonria girls and just a gigalo
sammy is a OK solo artist, he has some nice songs and did some good songs with van halen, IMO he was better then the extreme singer they got, with Van halen David fit the bill and any one trying just failed, you were used to seeing david as the lead singer he added a lot of life to an otherwise boring band, when I seen Van Halen live with sammy, they opened up with a fucking Ballad...what a way to start a concert, when Van halen w david toured near where I lived they opend with a rocker, my uncle went to that show and said it rocked. now the show I seen pretty much was like a cover band with a great guitar player.

MY GOD spell it write.

Posted: 23 Apr 05, 17:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmm..the most words I ever typed here, 10,000+ post too...I deseve cookie for that.

MY GOD spell it write.

Posted: 23 Apr 05, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The great thing about Dave is, he has NEVER done a ballad. He is a 24 hour summertime party guy!!

CAUSE NOW YOU'LL HAVE TO
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 05, 19:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to say that Sammy Hagar has a stronger voice than David Lee Roth, but yet David Lee Roth has such a distinctive voice that has given Van Halen a trademark of it's own, so although I like both I'll pick David Lee Roth.

As a person though I happen to dislike David Lee Roth, he's nothing but a rock star with a diva attitude and that's why he couldn't last with Van Halen. Even worse than that, when David Lee Roth was hired Dave back in 1996 he lasted just a couple of months after a backstage fight with Eddie Van Halen at the MTV Awards.

You seem to diss Sammy Hagar like if he was the one who destroyed Van Halen, so let me remind you that it was David Lee Roth was the one who decided to leave Van Halen in his own terms. Van Halen was still a strong band with Hagar, although not as strong as it was with David Lee Roth.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 05, 19:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ahh..I think I'll pick Van Helsing. ;-)

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
Dany Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 129 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 05, 20:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Van Helsing...:P Loll

I prefer Van Cherone :P

Van Halen with David Lee Roth was great.

Van Halen with Sammy Hagar was good.
I loved them.
I mean, the "Balance" album was great !

I've only heard one song from Van Halen with Gary Cherone and that was "Jump" and he was great !
Recorded live.

I love all of them, but creatively, it was the "David Lee Roth" period that stands out.
Just awesome Van Halen.

Keep on rockin' ! Dan.

"I Am Dracula. I Bid You Welcome."

Bela Lugosi, 1931.

Posted: 24 Apr 05, 07:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you read Dave's book (Crazy From The Heat) he explains why he left VH. In 1996 the VH sisters fucked with Dave from the beginning. They wouldn't even let him in the studio to record the 2 new songs. They put him in a seperate room and gave him headphones and a microphone. The reason he originally left VH was because, after '1984', the sisters and Spam's lover, bass player Mike Anthony, wouldn't get together to make the next album, they were all in different parts of the world, and kept pushing back the date for the first rehearsal. So, Dave released his 'Crazy From The Heat' EP. Then, so that he was doing something, he made a video for 'California Girls'. He was still waiting, so he made a video for 'Just A Gigolo'. Still waiting, so he LEFT. Why should he wait around for the rest of the band when he's got all that material waiting to be recorded?

It's also a well-known fact that EVH is a major alcoholic, and that he could hardly play on last years failure of a tour. Last years tour lost so much money for promoters, so much that they now refuse to promote VH with Spam in the band. It's also a well-known fact that Spammy Haggis started the fued between him and Dave by slagging him off every chance he gets.

With Spam, VH turned into a pop band that enjoyed ballads. That wasn't what VH were about-they were a party band.

CAUSE NOW YOU'LL HAVE TO
David Jones user not visiting Queenzone.com
David Jones
Deity: 2469 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 05, 09:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dave Lee Roth. Nuff said.

"Freddie would have loved it" - Brian May
Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 05, 09:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

let's make smth more fun:
van halen vs. van helsing :P
hehe
(I think I'm mean... :S)

2+2=5
KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 05, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#CC0066>Sonia Doris</font> wrote:

let's make smth more fun:
van halen vs. van helsing :P
hehe
(I think I'm mean... :S)

Well, Van Helsing kicks some major ass. ;-)

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 05, 11:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

heehheh

2+2=5
LiveAidQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4489 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 05, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Considering I saw "Van Hagar" I tend to like VH with Hagar better. He's more musician than Roth. David Lee is just too cocky for me to stand. My mother saw David Lee in '88 and loves him and we always bitch whose better... :-)

Comprende muchacho.
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 05, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Samuel wins
for the montrose album
and the early hagar solo stuff
but most of all - because he added something to van halen, while rothschild was busy shagging and drinking his creativity to death

and (as the eunuch said to the actress) i have nothing against the idea! - of drinking and shagging - but lets face it dave was so boringly predictable in this department

go deo na h√Čireann
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 05, 19:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't care for either.

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
News Of The World user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 103 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 05, 03:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

David Lee Roth was great, and so was Sammy Hagar...but it's Gary 'Whats His Name?' who really sucks, the album Van Halen 3 is totally shit house, much worse than any thing Sammy did with them. But yes The David Lee Roth era was the best.

"I'm Just A Musical Prostitute My Dear"

Freddie Mercury, 1984
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 05, 08:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

David Lee Rocks wrote:

If you read Dave's book (Crazy From The Heat) he explains why he left VH. In 1996 the VH sisters fucked with Dave from the beginning. They wouldn't even let him in the studio to record the 2 new songs. They put him in a seperate room and gave him headphones and a microphone. The reason he originally left VH was because, after '1984', the sisters and Spam's lover, bass player Mike Anthony, wouldn't get together to make the next album, they were all in different parts of the world, and kept pushing back the date for the first rehearsal. So, Dave released his 'Crazy From The Heat' EP. Then, so that he was doing something, he made a video for 'California Girls'. He was still waiting, so he made a video for 'Just A Gigolo'. Still waiting, so he LEFT. Why should he wait around for the rest of the band when he's got all that material waiting to be recorded?

That's a very one sided version of the story.

If David Lee Roth truly went through all of this, he would have never agreed to come back with Van Halen in 1996.
Now, I'm not blaming David Lee Roth completely because Eddie Van Halen happens to be an over controlling freak and he'd take matters straight to the heart whenever someone disagreed with him. Each one of those guys have their share of blame.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 05, 10:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For me it will always be Van Halen with David Lee Roth as they were the first band I ever saw live as support to Black Sabbath

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."