Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Budapest Review

forum rss feed
Author

Fredo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 508 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Apr 05, 04:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My mini-tour (Basel-Vienna-Munich-Budapest) is over. Setlist as known + 3 songs I've never heard live before:

- Tavaszi Szel Vizet Araszt (1 verse)
- Long Away (!!!) (1 verse)
- Feel Like Makin' Love

- It was Roger's best night so far. Very powerful performance.
- Extended version of his drum-solo!
- Best song of the evening: I'm In Love With My Car with a very hot finale (Brian/Roger)

- Brian had massive troubles with his guitar.

- Paul seems to have recovered. Sang Hammer To Fall (from 2nd verse on) and some parts of other songs as it was at the beginning of the tour. - Really good voice and performance.

- Brian doesn't make a mistake during the instrumental part of Love Of My Life, as I supposed formerly. It seems to be intended. How could I jump to conclusions!

- Brian sang the second verse of Love Of My Life correct by watching the monitor in front of him very carefully.

- Brian played little teasers of White Man and Headlong before Fat Bottomed Girls

- Paul didn't appear through the curtain, he came upstairs and wore a jacket in peach-colour (whoever is interested in)

- I'm not sure but I think I saw Martin (Mr. Scully) and Thomas (Zeidler) standing together

- Extra bows of Jamie, Spike and Danny during God Save The Queen (good idea!)

- Hungarian audience is fond of jumping as much as possible, often without cognizable reason. Quite annoying habit.

- Best song of my mini-tour: I Want It All
- Worst song: A Kind Of Magic

- Best show: Vienna (without being patriotic!)

That's all I think. For all of you who haven't seen them yet: Have fun!

Thanks and cheers!

Don't get on me - otherwise I forget my name!
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 05, 05:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for this. Too bad we did not see each other in Munich. Any chance you come to Cologne in July?

I do not want any google ads here.

pirx user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 17 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 05, 05:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the review! I was in Vienna too and liked it very much! It´s a shame I could not go to Budapest (had to stay at home and study...) since I would realy like to see them one more time!

Anyway, how much did it cost to travel around like this and buying the tickets? :)

"Wanting is more pleasing than having" - Spock

Posted: 24 Apr 05, 05:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1. Sorry for opening a new thread with my review
2. -> Barbara: Yes, what a pity. Cologne? Maybe. But I'm not really keen on big Open Airs, as you have to fight hard to get a good view. Moreover I prefer indoor-events ... let's see
3. -> pirx: tickets (Vienna-ticket was for free!)+ trips: 392 Euro (= ca. 94000 Tolar)

Cheers!

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 05, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

> I'm not sure but I think I saw Martin (Mr. Scully) and
> Thomas (Zeidler) standing together

Yes, we were there together, in first & second row just in front of the B-stage.

> Hungarian audience is fond of jumping as much as
> possible, often without cognizable reason. Quite
> annoying habit.

Very annoying, I agree - but it wasn't Hungarian audience, it was the Czech guy standing in front of me :-) He was jumping and waving so much that he even managed to hit me into my eye once :-)

> Best song of my mini-tour: I Want It All
> Worst song: A Kind Of Magic

I ABSOLUTELY agree.

> Best show: Vienna (without being patriotic!)

:-) Vienna was a good one but Prague and Budapest were IMO better.

Posted: 25 Apr 05, 03:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

>> Best show: Vienna (without being patriotic!)

> :-) Vienna was a good one but Prague and Budapest were IMO better.

I haven't been to Prague, so I can't reassess it. I mean, IMO the atmosphere was best in Vienna, musically Budapest was the best show I saw. I have to admit you're right, Martin.

Did anyone mention Roger's funny condom-comments btw?

Cheers!

Posted: 25 Apr 05, 04:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vienna wasn't anything special for me. I think the atmosphere was better in Munich. But I don't remember the concerts anyway so I may be wrong :)

Annastasia user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 25 Apr 05, 07:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They are getting better from a show to show. I agree - Prague was the best ( infortunatelly, my only 1 concert) :) Cheers!
Does anybody know -are they going to relise the concert CD or only DVD. The CD wanted!

I have just returned from Prague. It was the best concert I have ever heard and saw. It is just not enough for me. I want it all I want it now (again...) Before the cocrt I was ful of doubts about th

Posted: 25 Apr 05, 07:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

> Vienna wasn't anything special for me. I think the atmosphere was better in Munich. But I don't remember the concerts anyway so I may be wrong

As Vienna was the only concert where I had a seating-ticket (press-ticket!) I could see the whole thing from above. The big advantage is that you can see the complete effects of the light-show. You cannot see this standing close to the stage. Moreover the big audience-roars are more effective to experience from a distance than being part of the crowd. So maybe I'm wrong, but from the distance you get a very different impression of the whole spectacle - therefore I liked Vienna most. And: Munich was certainly NOT better than Vienna. Never. They are Germans, c'mon! ;)

Cheers!

Posted: 25 Apr 05, 08:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Germans are handclapping all the time, for no particular reason - and that can actually be good :-)

YourValentine

Posted: 25 Apr 05, 08:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"And: Munich was certainly NOT better than Vienna. Never. They are Germans, c'mon! ;)"

I heard a couple of Austrians were allowed out of their country to see the show .... ;)

Posted: 25 Apr 05, 09:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

> I heard a couple of Austrians were allowed out of their country to see the show .... ;)

Yes, we Austrians are a curious tribe. I was keen on travelling back to stone-age where you can find instead of big modern indoor-halls huge tents. And as far as I know I was the only Austrian who got permission to travel to our infoccial 10th federal state ... ;-)

Cheers!

CAB user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 9 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 05, 10:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fredo wrote:

> And: Munich was certainly NOT better than Vienna. Never. They are Germans, c'mon! ;)

Cheers!

.......but maybe Frankfurt was...;)....aren´t Austrians German somehow..?......but i don´t want to become political or historical.....*goonwithhandclappingasgermansareknownfor*...;):D:D....

......I loved the Frankfurt concert, maybe i try to get tickets for Cologne........(Love of my life was so fucking great)

YourValentine

Posted: 25 Apr 05, 12:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"And as far as I know I was the only Austrian who got permission to travel to our infoccial 10th federal state"

Oh no, the other Austrians were backstage pedalling to get the power generator going - we may have no electricity but we have our Austrian brothers to help out :)

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 05, 12:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL

boca user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 399 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 05, 14:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Roger comments about Jamie and Danny ( I think, can't remember) wearing condoms were funny :)

I think I'm banana tree...

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 10:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

> Oh no, the other Austrians were backstage pedalling to get the power generator going - we may have no electricity but we have our Austrian brothers to help out :)

Power generator? - Be serious! It was the only Queen-show illuminated by candle-light. ;-)

Cheers!

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 10:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fredo- YV
Write a book! This is hilarious!!! :)

YourValentine

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The candle lights were in Vienna - and the band had to bring their own candles. Brian looked a bit green from all the Palatschinken he had to eat. And he was threatened with Salzburger Nockerln into playing the Blue Danube, hmmm

And please don't think I don't like Austrians, Fenderek, in fact I love them. Whenever I say or do something stupid in other countries I say I am from Austria and I am forgiven immediately :)

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1. To be correct: Roger is the Palatschinken-eater as everyone can ascertain these days!
2. If Brian was threatened with Salzburger Nockerln, he would have played bits of Mozart's oevre, wouldn't he?
3. > Whenever I say or do something stupid in other countries I say I am from Austria and I am forgiven immediately :)

Germans tend permanently to say ("tschüss") or do (watch out for the coasts of Mallorca!) something stupid. They HAVE to say they're Austrian to escape, otherwise Germany would be a qite sparsely populated country, as lynch law is worldwide permitted exclusively to punish Germans.

But to be honest, I love Germans, especially Bavarians. They have the best humor in the world beside the Brits of course. And my sister ist married near Mannheim, so ... we're family.
Somehow. ;-)

Cheers!