Forums > Personal > a theory on homophobia

forum rss feed
Author

Dances With Freddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1928 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 14:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Where the hell does homophobia come from? Seriously, we don’t need this. It’s disgusting and very wrong. It does not make any sense in our modern society. I repeat; it does not make any sense. (You may say that I have problems entertaining myself) but I keep on wondering where, oh WHERE did the idea of homophobia start??

We know that there have always been gay people. We don’t know what it is that makes someone gay, but we should understand that homosexuality is a part of nature, since it’s always been around. So theoretically, all people of all cultures should be used to homosexuality, knowing that it’s normal and just as much worth as heterosexual love. Unfortunately, children all over the world are raised to believe that gay people are either brain washed, mentally ill, perverse and/or even criminal, which is complete bullshit.

A sad truth is these children grow up to become homophobes because their parents/friends/society taught them to be. They’re a product of what they hear and see. I believe that no person is born homophobic. It’s kind of obvious isn’t it? So the actual homophobia must have been inherited and adopted throughout thousands of years.

When people were monkeys (well, you know what I mean here), it was all about the survival of the fittest. This must be where the nasty – now good for absolutely nothing – homophobia was born. Or maybe a bit later… but anyway, none of us are stupid; we all know that it is absolutely necessary for all species to have babies in order make the whole system of this world to go around. You have babies and you die. You’ve contributed and the world goes on.

It’s likely that being negative to homosexuality was one way to survive back in the old days. Gay people didn’t contribute to a very primitive society.

Let’s skip a few years….

The world population today is not in need of everybody having babies! It’s a fact! The sad thing is homophobia has survived. People around the world fool themselves to believe that being gay is wrong, but I bet they can’t come up with any reason for being against homosexuals. And please, don’t blame God for your own homophobia. There is no reason for God to be against gay people either. Why should he? Homosexuality is love and it’s good.

Dammit I’ll write a book on this. This is obvious isn’t it?

Oh wait, I’m just an angry little girl, sorry if I have used words or phrases that makes my text weird or whatever. Just in case mistakes like that may seem confusing, I’ll sum up the text like this:

Gay people good.
Homophobes bad.
Don’t be homophobic, you are not a monkey.

Cheers

"it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you're not"

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 15:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

eww gay people, gross
lol
I <3 hot Lesbains.

MY GOD spell it write.
Dances With Freddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1928 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 16:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

monkeywilliam! lol

"it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you're not"

geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 16:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstüssyb wrote:

eww gay people, gross
lol
I <3 hot Lesbains.

After that well-though-out, mile-long, nicely written post, that was the most insightful thing you could come up with? Lord, you are a dork :D

God wants you to send me some money.

"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After that well-though-out, mile-long, nicely written post, that was the most insightful thing you could come up with? Lord, you are a dork :D

I resent that! I dont write out well-thought-out and nicely written stuff! =)

MY GOD spell it write.
Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

why back to wstussyb?? what happened to William?

;-)

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 17:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I want Just William...but seems some one else has it..I have never seen that name as a posting name, I tried to ask richard to find and delete it so I can use it, but he never replied, lol

MY GOD spell it write.
Janet

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 17:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah, I see. Okay, Just William.

:-)

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 17:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

William the Great sounded cool, but I didnt wanna seem to egotistic =)

MY GOD spell it write.
Janet

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 17:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you? with an ego?

never!

;-D

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 17:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LESBIANS ROCK!!

...especially when they're hot.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 17:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Janet wrote:

Ah, I see. Okay, Just William.

:-)

"william of orange" sounds better - he's got a "tan in a bottle" this year

go deo na hÉireann
SergeantPepperDG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1725 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

LESBIANS ROCK!!

Same with gay men. I rented "Wilde" just to see Jude Law make out with another guy. "Velvet Goldmine" also, to see Jonathan Rhys Meyers with Ewan McGregor.

Kay Adams Corleone- The ultimate desperate housewife
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

LESBIANS ROCK!!

Jessica Alba with Rosario Dawson....:)

xyz

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 18:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Personally the best friend I EVER had was an Openly gay guy in my college years who all my friends and family KNEW was gay and adored, because he was a blast to be with, and a good and kind man.

He would go with a carload of my female friends to straight clubs and fend off all the drunks that harassed us...and he would take me yes...to ur..drag queen clubs..but I was never offended, intrigued and would laugh my ass off...WITH him. He thought it was fun too. We went to movies, great restaraunts. My Mom and I would always say, how come I couldn't find a straight guy who was that much a gentleman. He even got me my very first job after I graduated from college and helped me out financially. He invited me over for VERY fancy dinners with his "partner" at a Ultra rich penthouse apartment in Baltimore City and would show off to me the fancy interior design of the place, with a japanese garden and pond, French doors, CLASSY and sophisticated. His family adored me and I think they kept hoping he would switch teams for me...but he and I would kid about that...because I knew that was his life choice. Great guy. We lost touch over the years but he was a real jem.

My favorite experience with him. We were coming back from dinner at a restaurant when one Maryland's worst ice stormes ever hit. We pulled off the interstate and had to stay with a ton of people at an all night diner. Well everyone else there was in a bad mood, griping. But he was so cheerful. he said to me, hell we're forced to stay here all night anyhow. There's an all night bowling alley behind the diner. And Midnight half price bowling is going on. Let's go bowling! So we walked...more like slid across the parking lot to the bowling alley, and bowled the entire night until the storm passed and the streets were salted. I called My Mom from the diner and told her. She said he was SO lovely to me. He was!

He asked me to move into a condo with him but I was supporting My Mom and living with her at the time. I always regret NOT moving into that condo with him. Great guy. (dressed great too! always in a GQ suit, very gallant)!

xyz
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Sorry, Mr. Burns, but I don't go in for these backdoor shenanigans. Sure, I'm flattered, maybe even a little curious, but the answer is no."

Homer Simpson

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 18:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SergeantPepperDG wrote:

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

LESBIANS ROCK!!

Same with gay men. I rented "Wilde" just to see Jude Law make out with another guy. "Velvet Goldmine" also, to see Jonathan Rhys Meyers with Ewan McGregor.

I really want to see Velvet Goldmine. I love Ewan McGregor, and Ewan McGregor with another guy is even better. :D

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 19:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

arlene wrote:

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

LESBIANS ROCK!!

Jessica Alba with Rosario Dawson....:)

But NOT the movie Showgirls...that movie sucked...no pun intended!

xyz
bassist08 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 332 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 19:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*gives Dances With Freddie a HUGE hug* Oh my god. That is so true! Nobody else I know has the same opinion as me on this but you do! Thanks for posting.

"The most important thing, darling, is to live a fabulous life. As long as it's fabulous, I don't care how long it is." -FM

bellydancer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 246 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 05, 19:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Having been involved in the theatre and dance for some 20 years, I have made many good friends who have been gay. In my opinion, their people, just like anyone else. Just like anyone else who has different beliefs, customs, culture or religion, they are entitled to the same rights. I treat everybody the same, with respect, dignity and kindness no matter what they do in their personal lives. I dislike any form of discrimination based on who a person is or what their beliefs are (of course people who believe in hurting other people such as murderers, rapists, paedophiles or preaches hatred as a way of life is the exception). I believe that discrimination arises from the fears of narrow minded people who rather than trying to understand about the difference in others prefer to destroy it in order to feel safe or justified in their fears.

"Everybody knows that rock attained perfection in 1974-its a scientific fact" Homer Simpson