Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Do they believe in God?

forum rss feed
Author

lasparri user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Apr 05, 04:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know that Brian May believes, and he has declared that he has became more and more spiritual since Freddie and his Dad passed away.

Roger is completely atheist and so is John Deacon.

What about Freddie? In his last songs he talked about God but I don't know whether it was just for the songs or it had a deeper meaning in his life.

Regards.

Lasparri
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 05, 08:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Freddie was one of those who believed in God as a higher being, although he never followed any specific kind of faith. I think the same thing goes for Brian.

Btw, when did John Deacon say he was an atheist? Also Roger has said many times that he despises extremely religious people, although that doesn't necessarily mean that he's an atheist. He could possibly be agnostic, but then again I don't know.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
djaef user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 887 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 05, 08:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lasparri wrote:

Roger is completely atheist and so is John Deacon.

Roger and me would get on just fine...

But I doubt you are right about John Deacon. I read he sent his kids to a local Catholic school. Not the typical action of an atheist... What is your source?

djaef - Queen fan since 1678, after the Dorog concert!
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 05, 08:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know that John's wife is devoted Ctaholic. is he religious? Dunno- maybe it was his wife's idea to send kids to Catholic school- and he didn't have much too say...
but I've never heard about him being an atheist.

Scott_Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 704 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 05, 09:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have a real hard time believing any member of Queen is atheiest.

Most people who have attained a high level of success usually don't just feel they "lucked out".

Roger's tune "These are the days of our lives" (which by the way, I feel has Freddie-ism's all over it.... but lets just call it Roger's tune 100%)... to me, sounds like it could be on the Christian radio network.

Don't get me wrong... Love the song... but it may be the most mello Queen single.

Having a smoking area in a restaurant is like having a pissing section in a swimming pool
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 05, 10:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You could also believe in God, and hate religion.

I don't believe, God is gay

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 05, 10:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Your God is? ;)

Killed by drones.
Mr Fred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 119 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 05, 11:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course I believe, Jesus is our saviour.

John 3:16.....
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 05, 12:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie I know used to pray at bedtime according to Jim, and though Freddie's born faith from his family was Zoroastrian, (which was followed for his funeral), he celebrated Christmas..with his family and friends from what I've heard. I don't think he practiced any specific religion, but I think Freddie was deeply spiritual and belived in God and had faith.

Brian somehow seems somewhat the same as Freddie to me.

John I thought was religious.

Roger, I had no idea was..an atheist? Since when? I know Roger acts the cynic, and the tough sarcastic wiseguy..but I have read many times that that is ALL a cover..and that he is VERY intense and emotional about things and takes things very close to heart.

xyz
jcrawford79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 05, 15:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think John is atheist (at least that's my conclusion) because on www.deaky.com in an interview he states he doesn't believe in any form of afterlife.

jcrawford79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 05, 15:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is the specific link http://www.deaky.com/rain/questionE.html

RainMustFall2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 129 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 05, 15:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John sounds really boring in that interview. I think he sounds really depressed, actually.

RainMustFall2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 129 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 05, 15:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By the way, this is from Brian's post on April 5:

"we are all just God's creatures, every one of us..."

Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 05, 16:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In a somewhat related note, there've been a number of stories in recent days about the new Pope and his hatred of rock music (unlike his predecessor, who liked all kinds of music and actually had 'The
Game' CD in his music collection.) He says that rock concerts produce a kind of "worship" that isn't healthy as it's not "Christian worship." In the same article, the source mistakenly said Pope Ben didn't like a number of groups, including Queen! it was an aide who mentioned names of 'evil' groups.) He'll like them even less after they played days after JPII's death.

You know, good times are now.
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 05, 18:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BHM 0271 wrote:

In a somewhat related note, there've been a number of stories in recent days about the new Pope and his hatred of rock music (unlike his predecessor, who liked all kinds of music and actually had 'The
Game' CD in his music collection.) He says that rock concerts produce a kind of "worship" that isn't healthy as it's not "Christian worship." In the same article, the source mistakenly said Pope Ben didn't like a number of groups, including Queen! it was an aide who mentioned names of 'evil' groups.) He'll like them even less after they played days after JPII's death.

The Devil You Say!
“The Devil You Say” 4/26/2005 By Arlene R. Weiss

This is from the source: NEW YORK DAILY NEWS in an article by Sheryl Connelly and Paul D. Colford called “Bet you didn't know”,

“The New York Daily News reports that Joseph Ratzinger of Bavaria, now the new Pope, Benedict XVI, recently made this statement.” quote:

“He has called rock 'n' roll evil, saying it is full of "diabolical and satanic messages." He singled out the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Queen and the Eagles as especially evil.” End quote and source.

Part of MY answer to the new Pope's "opinion" of rock music and Queen!

Quote "Live Aid, as everyone knows, was a watershed, the biggest, most successful benefit concert…ever. And guess who just a sampling were that day of some of the many music artists who selflessly donated their time and of course music performances..to the day to raise millions of funds for famine relief in Africa? Gee Mr. Pope…Paul McCartney of The Beatles, The Rolling Stones’ Mick Jagger, Keith Richards & Ron Wood, Led Zeppelin, and Queen, (the very artists you singled out in your statement quoted above)."

"Because of Band Aid, Live Aid, the purposeful actions of the many rock & pop music artists who stepped up to the plate in support of a good cause and the hour at hand, and the ongoing relief organizations that resulted from both events, many a man, woman, and child…in Africa is alive today because of the food provided to them from those rock & roll charity events."

"whether it’s Queen’s Brian May and Roger Taylor co-organizing with and performing at Nelson Mandela’s ongoing worldwide 46664 AIDS benefit concerts to raise awareness and funds to fight and find a cure for AIDS,....Rock & Roll…is the one conscience we can all count on. It never ceases to be the mind, body, spirit, soul, and most of all..heart, that cries out in defiance and anger at injustice…and does not idly sit by. It fights and acts with the most powerful voice of all, music. If the Pope can’t see that, he misses one of God’s greatest gifts to man, the gift of song, of music…that can, has, and will continue to inspire, to make a difference, walking, even running, with outrage, with anger, with tears, with joy, with hope, with faith…because “rock & roll never forgets” (to quote rocker Bob Seger) and rock & roll never stops sharing, caring, giving, and continues to challenge and battle "evil" so that good...as one rock song says… “A Change Is Gonna Come.” Rock On!"

This entire copyrighted Quoted text above are from....

http://mercurysmusings.blogspot.com

copyright 4/26/2005 By Arlene R. Weiss

xyz
djaef user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 887 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 05, 00:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Scott_Mercury wrote:

I have a real hard time believing any member of Queen is atheiest.

Most people who have attained a high level of success usually don't just feel they "lucked out".

What *are* you on about? What does feeling that someone "lucked out" have to do with atheism?

I'll answer you since you obviously don't know. The answer in nothing. Atheism has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with luck, success or any form of life satisfaction.

Atheism is purely a belief that God does not exist. Atheists are not nihilists. Atheists can be very moral, loving, balanced, emotional, even very spiritual. They just don't believe in God. Of course, individual atheists will have many individuals beliefs and leanings (even nihilism), but the core definition remains.

Religion, as far as I'm concerned, is a despicable waste of time, and I think Roger would totally agree with me on that one...

I personally don't care at all what any member of Queen thinks / thought about religion. I'm just interested in the music.

djaef - Queen fan since 1678, after the Dorog concert!
lasparri user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 05, 05:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene Wrote:

Freddie I know used to pray at bedtime according to Jim, and though Freddie's born faith from his family was Zoroastrian, (which was followed for his funeral), he celebrated Christmas..with his family and friends from what I've heard. I don't think he practiced any specific religion, but I think Freddie was deeply spiritual and belived in God and had faith.

=================================================

I didn't know Freddie beleived, probably he got closer to the faith when he realised he was going to die. The truth is that Brian says that Freddie wrote the song "the miracle" because he wanted to believe that it was possible that a miracle saved his life.

I have the idea, however, that in the early days he didn't beleive and in fact, after liestening to songs like "Seven seas of Rhye" it seems like a flirt with devil.

Lasparri
Soviet girl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 7 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 05, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If Freddie had been an atheist why then he wrote such TRULY RELIGIOUS songs like:
*Liar (looks like the prayer to God)
*Jesus (Freddie almost retells the Bible)
*Mad The Swine
*My Fairy King (I know that the real zoroastrians say that this song is dedicated to the zoroastrian God - Ahura Mazda - and is full of zoroastrian religious signs)
*All God's People
etc.
?

And no-one ever really knows the truth from the lies.

("Scandal")
gmhmagic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 171 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 05, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I Believe in Freddie! ;)

MadeInMadhouse user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 341 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 05, 19:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know That Freddie was Zoroastrian, I read In Ahundova Book That Brian, Roger and John are Anglicans, Probably they Believe in God all Powerfull and in Jesus, but they are not an religeous exhivicionist, they Believe and love God in their own way.. not like the people who makes a propaganda about the religion and etc etc, I think the Catholic religion and others have many protocols,and many of them contains nonsense things that made people quit this religion, there are no inscription in the Bible or that Rock music is the EVIL music, where religious people take that atrocity from?, is a Sin lie? is a Sin judge without know?, is not a sin love every people and every creatures of the earth without judge, without any discrimination.... ROGER IS RIGHT in his song The Key "A Sensible Religion Is A Contradiction In Terms". . . Loving God is doing good acts!and not doing Bad things to yourself and others... thats simple! Religions are protocols, is like everything is bad in excess!! The Church are poluted by sinners!!

"Sometimes the last thing you want to know is the truth" The Key.. Roger Taylor...